Some New Info in the Jennings 8 Cases from True Crime Author Ethan Brown

ktgirl

Verified College Instructor
Reaction score
True Crime author Ethan Brown (who wrote the book "Shake the Devil Off" about the post-Katrina murder-dismemberment-suicide case of Addie Hall and Zack Bowen) has researched the Jennings 8 and did a write up on his website.

It's 110% worth the relatively short read as he had some access to tapes, files, etc. that provide us with more info. Here's the link: https://medium.com/matter/who-killed-the-jeff-davis-8-d1b813e13581

He provides some info I hadn't seen before, such as:
- more info on connections between the victims
- accounts from Tracee Chaisson/heard from her about how Kristen Lopez was allegedly killed by Frankie Richard and his niece (Beating her and then killing her by drowning!) and why (refusing Frankie's advances)
- the alleged crime scene where Ernestine was killed wasn't tested for months, so when it was, no blood was found and the case against the two men fingered in her murder collapsed
- Kristen Lopez was intellectually disabled :( (which surely made her an easier victim)
- more info about that truck and the police officer
- Necole Guillory’s boyfriend/father of one of her children admitted to investigators that he was approached about helping clean out the truck (perhaps this is why Necole allegedly knew she was going to be killed - she knew too much)
- a veteran police officer and his wife would allegedly drive around town and solicit prostitutes; he was a suspect at one time
- More info about the so-called raid that we have heard most of the girls were all at- apparently it wasn't a prostitution raid but a drug raid where a policeman shot a drug dealer who he thought was reaching for a weapon. Maybe the girls were killed to silence them about this
- Frankie Richard talked a LOT with Ethan Brown. Interesting stuff. He and his mama hardly seem to be small-time drug sellers or criminals. He's also an informant in some of the cases :waitasec:

My own reactions to this info Brown has provided:

- Richard is hardly a small-time drug dealer; he (and his mama) seem to me to be the local drug king pin(s) and he's a pimp who gets angry if his girls won't comply with his own needs
- Richard and someone(s) in LE are tangled together and covering for each other
- Richard has some minions who will help kill or dispose of bodies for him
- It seems there are some male victims of this killer/killers - anyone who knows too much or stumbles on something they're about to report ends up mysteriously dead. I really think they should be included as victims of this "serial killer."
- this doesn't appear to be serial killing as we "traditionally" see it - not sexual predators kidnapping, raping, murdering women they randomly encounter or stalk - but women who refused Richard's advances or knew too much.
- I'm shocked these murders have stopped - either everyone who knew what the murderer(s) didn't want told is dead or scared silent or the media attention has been too much.
- one thing is for sure, every victim, every case, seems to circle back around to one man - Frankie Richard (and his "associates"). These almost seem more like (sloppy) mob hits than what we'd traditionally think of as serial killings.
- I'm still trying to process the info on the raid & the man shot by the cops and how that may or may not fit together.
- I'm shocked Tracee Chaisson has managed to stay alive as long as she has and hasn't become a victim as well. She must have proved her loyalty well.
- I think this is the first time I've heard a definitive cause of death for Kristen Lopez (and I think maybe for most of the girls we don't know the COD). Drowning surprised me. I thought it would be beat to death, shot, strangled, or otherwise asphyxiated.

New book makes allegations against candidate for U.S. Senate

NEW ORLEANS, La. - A new book is making serious allegations about a candidate running for Louisiana's U.S. Senate Seat. The just-released 'Murder in the Bayou' claims U.S. Representative Charles Boustany was involved with prostitutes. His spokesman and wife are disputing the claims and released statements.

'Murder in the Bayou' is author Ethan Brown's detailed investigation into the unsolved murders of eight Jefferson Davis Parish prostitutes.

"I think the 'Jeff Davis 8' case has been falsely framed or characterized as a serial killer case," said Brown. "There are many, many common threads among these eight victims."

http://www.wwltv.com/news/politics/...ons-against-candidate-for-us-senate/318244988

Just finished reading Ethan Brown's book. I have been obsessed all week and have gone through pretty much every related post on here. I am appalled by the corruption involved in this case. I sure hope the release of the book will cause more questions to be asked about these murders!

I am interviewing author Ethan Brown who wrote the book and is the executive producer of Murder on the Bayou the new Showtime series. My podcast will be uploaded soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back