Yahoo chat rooms shut down after TV station shows child sex link

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Internet giant Yahoo has cracked down on chat rooms geared toward luring children -- the same rooms exposed in Houston television station KPRCs' online investigation two weeks ago.

Last month, the TV station found Yahoo hosting a long list of chat rooms geared toward sex with children. They also found men lining up for sex meetings with kids or to trade lewd pictures.

The rooms were named the following:

9-17-Year-Olds Wantin' Sex
Younger Girls 4 Older Guys
Girls 13 And Under For Older Guys
Girls 13 And Up For Much Older Man
Girls 8 to 13 Watch Boys (In A Particular Sex Act)

They were all listed under "education" chat rooms, which was blank on Monday.

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/family/4633523/detail.html

They'll just rename the rooms :bang:

Yahoo has some scary chit and despite compliants from users(like,ahem!,me) is slow to do anything. If this TV station hadsnt reported about it nothing wouldve happened.

Ive found "child sex chats" and child *advertiser censored* in some unlikely places in Yahoo and you can complain until the cows come home........Yahoo will do nothing!!!

If it took me two seconds to find it you'd think they could find it that quick and delete it but nope they dont!!!

messiecake said:
They'll just rename the rooms :bang:

Yahoo has some scary chit and despite compliants from users(like,ahem!,me) is slow to do anything. If this TV station hadsnt reported about it nothing wouldve happened.

Ive found "child sex chats" and child *advertiser censored* in some unlikely places in Yahoo and you can complain until the cows come home........Yahoo will do nothing!!!

If it took me two seconds to find it you'd think they could find it that quick and delete it but nope they dont!!!

LOL, lesson learned. Don't tell them, tell LE and tell the papers and TV stations.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back