725 users online (84 members and 641 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 501
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,922
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    Yes, that's pretty much what I meant. I agree the question could be seen as suspicious (and LE is no doubt trying to determine whether it was) but I can also still see it as an awkwardly-worded "Did you interfere?" or, as SOUTHERNMOM12 suggested, another way of asking, "Did you tell them you'd left him in the car before?"

    I just want to say I completely respect what you're saying. It doesn't sound like a "natural" thing to say, but the person who said it was under extreme stress and grief.
    (above, bbm)
    That, right there...I never considered that that could be what she was referring to...thanks for helping me see things from a different view!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8,172
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    Yes, that's pretty much what I meant. I agree the question could be seen as suspicious (and LE is no doubt trying to determine whether it was) but I can also still see it as an awkwardly-worded "Did you interfere?" or, as SOUTHERNMOM12 suggested, another way of asking, "Did you tell them you'd left him in the car before?"

    I just want to say I completely respect what you're saying. It doesn't sound like a "natural" thing to say, but the person who said it was under extreme stress and grief.
    Your analysis makes sense to me.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    OnEarth
    Posts
    3,272
    I haven't seen or heard her grieve and her actions to flee really are all that I've seen. and the fiasco that she made happen at her own son's funeral. Fiasco. It was horrific, uncouth and full of "lets cover his ass" imo. It was very intentional to make it about him not her son. Incentive. Hurtful. Her words, were the same. Incentive and Hurtful.
    Dont Be A Sheep

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    44
    I always thought the comment "Did you say too much?" Had something to do with this comment:

    "[–]RoscoeUA 7 points 4 months ago
    Never take a field sobriety test. They are unreliable scientifically but hold up in court. Refuse to answer any questions. And ask if you are being detained. If not, leave. Some states require you to blow into a breathalyzer or a blood test. I will never take a FST. Everything a police officer does during a possible dui traffic stop means he is trying to build evidence against you. You should everything in your power to prevent this."

    http://www.***********/r/AdviceAnima...kwards/cge3de3

    I imagine RH sees himself as an expert on LE, and probably pontificated on the subject many times to LH. She might have believed him that LE is out to get you, and you should always say nothing if you are being questioned by police. If that were the case, "Did you say too much?" could be interpreted as "Did you take your own advice?"

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8,172
    Quote Originally Posted by lndigo View Post
    I always thought the comment "Did you say too much?" Had something to do with this comment:

    "[–]RoscoeUA 7 points 4 months ago
    Never take a field sobriety test. They are unreliable scientifically but hold up in court. Refuse to answer any questions. And ask if you are being detained. If not, leave. Some states require you to blow into a breathalyzer or a blood test. I will never take a FST. Everything a police officer does during a possible dui traffic stop means he is trying to build evidence against you. You should everything in your power to prevent this."

    http://www.***********/r/AdviceAnima...kwards/cge3de3

    I imagine RH sees himself as an expert on LE, and probably pontificated on the subject many times to LH. She might have believed him that LE is out to get you, and you should always say nothing if you are being questioned by police. If that were the case, "Did you say too much?" could be interpreted as "Did you take your own advice?"
    Very possible.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Exit 148
    Posts
    3,932
    Wow! I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if people on here do think Ross is innocent, but the tone is surely different from another thread I've unsubscribed myself from, and I appreciate that. I appreciate the different POV's and I've never thought about the possibility of what's discussed above, of Leanna asking "did you say too much?", because she thinks he may have been arrested for interfering, or may have said something about having left Cooper in the car previously, or just having said too much, compared to what he has "advised" others. Great points! I don't think I would have come up with those and they are definitely thought provoking about Leanna's possible involvement (still don't think RH is innocent). But this makes me wonder (some more) about her involvement.
    My posts are and believe it or not I've put some thought into 'em.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    44

    LeAnna (Mom) #2

    There's this part of me that feels compelled to play the devil's advocate. Especially when lots of people agree on something. It can be annoying.
    I will say that my opinion of what took place has changed a lot from my original belief that it was premeditated and they were both in on it. That does not mean I think RH is "innocent" or that either one of them was a competent parent.
    Last edited by lndigo; 08-02-2014 at 08:45 AM. Reason: bad formating

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disbelief. SC
    Posts
    12,075
    Quote Originally Posted by lndigo View Post
    There's this part of me that feels compelled to play the devil's advocate. Especially when lots of people agree on something. It can be annoying.
    I will say that my opinion of what took place has changed a lot from my original belief that it was premeditated and they were both in on it. That does not mean I think RH is "innocent" or that either one of them was a competent parent.
    I love people like you! It's the ones who try to pretend like they're not playing devils advocate that make me roll my eyes. My sister is just like you and admits it as well. It's wonderful and helpful and helps me cement my beliefs and theories. It's the baiters who muck up a thread and offer nothing to the discussion. That's where 'scroll and roll' comes in handy and if that doesn't work, the ignore function is a lifesaver.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    where the big sharks come to play
    Posts
    5,403
    Quote Originally Posted by nosysw View Post
    Wow! I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if people on here do think Ross is innocent, but the tone is surely different from another thread I've unsubscribed myself from, and I appreciate that. I appreciate the different POV's and I've never thought about the possibility of what's discussed above, of Leanna asking "did you say too much?", because she thinks he may have been arrested for interfering, or may have said something about having left Cooper in the car previously, or just having said too much, compared to what he has "advised" others. Great points! I don't think I would have come up with those and they are definitely thought provoking about Leanna's possible involvement (still don't think RH is innocent). But this makes me wonder (some more) about her involvement.
    If we could put ourselves in LH's shoes for a minute: LH's baby is dead, the husband is in jail and guess what? The "did you say too much" is the last sentence that would be uttering out of my mouth if they were both ** innocent **.
    If I were LH in that spot of seeing my hubby for the first time after my child was dead in a hot car----I'd be pressing him for answers.

    He could never tell me or LE enough about what happened. Again and again and again I would want to know the details. I would be so crazed that I would have to hear it dozens of times before I could really consume what happened and process it in a rational way.

    The LAST thing I would be concerned with is him saying too much. To anyone.

    That is, if I were innocent. So yes, there is a lot of suspicion in the saying of "did you say too much?"
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

    This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by lndigo View Post
    There's this part of me that feels compelled to play the devil's advocate. Especially when lots of people agree on something. It can be annoying.
    I will say that my opinion of what took place has changed a lot from my original belief that it was premeditated and they were both in on it. That does not mean I think RH is "innocent" or that either one of them was a competent parent.
    As a newbie who joined July 2014 because of this case, it doesn't appear to me that the vast majority of posters have issues with anyone playing devil's advocate as long as it is done like you do in a civil manner I enjoy reading other points of view. It makes me think about the facts as we know them at this time. Most of the discussions are great, but when the accusatory, know it all tone and sometimes hateful, disrespectful manner shines thru in posts from those who have different opinions than mine, I just try to skip over it and go to the next post. I just have to remind myself that 99% of posters are polite and mean well even if we disagree. This is just my opinion. Every one has a right to their own opinions about this case. This is such an emotionally charged crime due to the nature of what happened. Please continue to post your views.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8,172
    Quote Originally Posted by nosysw View Post
    Wow! I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if people on here do think Ross is innocent, but the tone is surely different from another thread I've unsubscribed myself from, and I appreciate that. I appreciate the different POV's and I've never thought about the possibility of what's discussed above, of Leanna asking "did you say too much?", because she thinks he may have been arrested for interfering, or may have said something about having left Cooper in the car previously, or just having said too much, compared to what he has "advised" others. Great points! I don't think I would have come up with those and they are definitely thought provoking about Leanna's possible involvement (still don't think RH is innocent). But this makes me wonder (some more) about her involvement.
    Bingo. That's what I really appreciate about WS (I'm rather new here myself too). I like when people thoughtfully consider the case and share their thoughts...sometimes ideas are proved wrong, sometimes right, and sometimes they lead to more ideas and insight.

    If people simply wrote, "He's a monster! Fry him!" I wouldn't be interested in reading threads at all.

    My mind has changed a couple of times since the day of the incident, and I want to keep that open mind as I learn new facts and hear how others interpret them. I *LIKE* an open dialogue where people can test ideas and not get slammed if their ideas aren't popular or 100% correct at first.

    It's a work in progress to figure out the cases. It's the puzzle that intrigues me and I like puzzling it out with others who play nicely.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by ATasteOfHoney View Post
    If we could put ourselves in LH's shoes for a minute: LH's baby is dead, the husband is in jail and guess what? The "did you say too much" is the last sentence that would be uttering out of my mouth if they were both ** innocent **.
    If I were LH in that spot of seeing my hubby for the first time after my child was dead in a hot car----I'd be pressing him for answers.

    He could never tell me or LE enough about what happened. Again and again and again I would want to know the details. I would be so crazed that I would have to hear it dozens of times before I could really consume what happened and process it in a rational way.

    The LAST thing I would be concerned with is him saying too much. To anyone.

    That is, if I were innocent. So yes, there is a lot of suspicion in the saying of "did you say too much?"
    What would you say? Specifically? I am trying to put myself in LH's shoes, and honestly all I can come up with is "How could you? How could you forget him? How could you be so stupid?" (But with curse words) Those don't seem like the most helpful things to say though, and I would probably bite my tongue. I think I would just be stunned.

    If she is innocent, and she loves her husband, wouldn't she assume he drove to work, didn't notice the toddler, and left him in the car? And if she is innocent, wouldn't she be terrified about losing her husband on the same day as her baby? The husband she still has a chance to save.

    And what about her religion? Isn't their the expectation that the husband is the leader of the family, and she is obligated to stand by him?

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    44
    It's all meant in a respectful tone. None of us knows what LH and RH were thinking, and we only have limited facts. I think it's interesting to examine the facts we do have from all sides. And I am ok with admitting I don't know exactly what happened. It's all just speculation.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Charlie Brown's Back Yard
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by AuburnTxTiger View Post
    Snipped:

    I enjoy reading other points of view. It makes me think about the facts as we know them at this time.
    .
    .
    .
    I just have to remind myself that 99% of posters are polite and mean well even if we disagree. This is just my opinion. Every one has a right to their own opinions about this case. This is such an emotionally charged crime due to the nature of what happened. Please continue to post your views.
    This. And this again.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    44
    Today should be Cooper's second birthday.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased PA - Leanna Walker, 17, Milford Township, 25 April 2016
    By Richrd in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-01-2017, 12:36 PM
  2. CANADA Canada - Monique Mattar, 30, Calgary, 20 April 2009
    By dotr in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-25-2015, 07:00 AM
  3. LeAnna (Mom) #1
    By PaperDoll in forum Cooper Harris
    Replies: 1855
    Last Post: 07-29-2014, 10:09 AM
  4. Do you think Leanna Harris will be arrested?
    By K_Z in forum Cooper Harris
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 07-14-2014, 01:11 AM

Tags for this Thread