1142 users online (242 members and 900 guests)  

Websleuths News

MI - Jamie West, 27, Monroe Township, 15 March 2014

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/...-monroe-woman/

Police are concerned that a Monroe Township woman missing the last four months may have met harm and are asking the publicís help to locate her.

Jamie Rachelle West, 27, was last seen by her family on March 15. Michigan State Police Lt. Tony Cuevas said Ms. West removed her tether that she was ordered to wear and then disappeared. Lt. Cuevas said it appeared at the time that Ms. West disappeared purposely to avoid arrest...

Ms. West was last seen at 11:15 a.m. March 15 in the area of S. Telegraph and Dunbar Rds. in Monroe Township. She is described as white, about 5-foot-7, around 150 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing black leggings with black boots and a blue-green Under Armor sweatshirt.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/...monroe-quarry/

Human remains were found at the bottom of a Monroe Township quarry Wednesday afternoon, and police said it appears they could be that of a woman missing since March. #Michigan State Police Lt. Tony Cuevas said the skeletal remains could be Jamie Rachelle West, 27, but positive identification could take a week. However, there is evidence to suggest that it is her...

The remains were found at the bottom of Stoneco quarry, which is off S. Telegraph Rd. between Dunbar and Albain Rds. The remains were found at least 35 feet from the top of the quarry’s edge. There was no water in that area.

Is a tether like an ankle monitoring device? I've never heard it called a tether before.

Vibes for Jamie and her loved ones!

I noticed on FB and then saw in an obituary, that her boyfriend died during Operation Freedom in 2010. I hope they figure out what happened here.

@Goose. I used to see them called tethers. I haven't in a long time.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/...olice-and-fire

“It’s just too much of a coincidence not to be her,” said her father, Mark West. “We’re 99 percent sure it’s her.”

Clothes recovered at the scene match the ones Ms. West was wearing when she disappeared. The family home is in the vicinity of the quarry and Mr. West said his daughter was running in that direction when he last saw her...

“She was the sweetest girl you could ever have as a daughter,” he said. “She would do anything for you. She just loved her nieces and nephews. This is a complete tragedy.”

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/...-monroe-woman/

Dental records have helped to positively identify the remains found at the bottom of a quarry as Jamie West.

Michigan State Police First Lt. Tony Cuevas, commander of the Monroe post, confirmed Friday that the Wayne County Medical Examiner’s Office and a forensic anthropologist made the determination. Further analysis will be made in an attempt to determine the cause of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose22 View Post
    Is a tether like an ankle monitoring device? I've never heard it called a tether before.
    Yes, this is what we always called them in MI. I'm actually not sure I would know what else to call it! (I grew up in MI and only recently moved to CA)