1408 users online (283 members and 1125 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #14

Click here to post a greeting for Abby -->>> Abigail Hernandez ** Post your Good Wishes for Abby Here **

Abigail Hernandez

Arrest made in Abigail Hernandez disappearance
    Gorham man charged with 'knowingly confining Hernandez'
    UPDATED 4:35 PM EDT Jul 28, 2014

NORTH CONWAY, N.H. —An arrest was made Monday in the disappearance of New Hampshire teen Abigail Hernandez who had been missing for nine months before her return home last week, the New Hampshire Attorney General's Office said.

Nathaniel E. Kibby, 34, of Gorham, New Hampshire, was charged with one count of felony kidnapping for knowingly confining Hernandez on Oct. 9, 2013, in Conway, New Hampshire, with a purpose to commit an offense against her.

Nathaniel E. Kibby, 34

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/arrest-made...#ixzz38o8kFPo6
    Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8
    Thread #9
    Thread #10
    Thread #11
    Thread #12
    Thread #13

Hollye's key points map: Key points
    Hollye's full map: Full map

NH - Abigail Hernandez, 14, North Conway, 9 Oct 2013 **MEDIA THREAD **NO DISCUSSION**

AmandaReckonwith's Case Archive

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

post 487 of the last thread (number 13) contains a transcription of the presser and post 476 same thread contains link to raw presser http://www.wmur.com/news/raw-video-a...209634#!bqhRjM

thank you to members who provided them
    Last edited by tlcya; 07-29-2014 at 09:04 PM. Reason: remove weird inadvertant smiley

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

For any who missed the live feed of today's proceedings, here is video from WMUR:

The arraignment of N Kibby:

http://on.wmur.com/1zrj5vF

Raw video as Abby entered the courtroom:

http://on.wmur.com/1mZnP38

Case timeline:

http://on.wmur.com/UIQmTu
    To state the obvious...my posts on this site are my opinion only, generated from brainstorming and my own attempts to logically put the pieces together.

I just want to give strength to Abigail and her loved ones.
    That's all.
    Bless you.
    All.

If more charges are not forthcoming...this is officially the strangest case ever. Jmo
    Just my opinion, of course.

Does LE think Abby was abducted while walking home from school? Or that she left voluntarily and was abducted by Kibby at a later date?

I hope it is ok to ask this but if she went willingly, is it still considered kidnapping since she is underage?

Quote Originally Posted by Migmuu View Post
    Does LE think Abby was abducted while walking home from school? Or that she left voluntarily and was abducted by Kibby at a later date?
    LE and the AG are not answering that part about 'willingness' right now; they say she was kidnapped on the 9th of October on North-South Rd.

Quote Originally Posted by SStarr33 View Post
    I hope it is ok to ask this but if she went willingly, is it still considered kidnapping since she is underage?
    Yes. ETA: see I-a below:
    Last edited by PoirotryInMotion; 07-29-2014 at 10:12 PM. Reason: ETA; making photo smaller
    To state the obvious...my posts on this site are my opinion only, generated from brainstorming and my own attempts to logically put the pieces together.

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    If more charges are not forthcoming...this is officially the strangest case ever. Jmo
    The only reason I could see more charges not coming forward is if it would save Abby having to relive this nightmare and testify. If they can get a conviction without having Abby testify I'd call it justice, even if they had to lose a charge or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Migmuu View Post
    During the arraignment I believe it was specifically stated the abduction he was charged with occurred October 9 2013 on North South Rd. (No details about the nature of the abduction known to the public yet, of course).
    Just my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Mom24 View Post
    The only reason I could see more charges not coming forward is if it would save Abby having to relive this nightmare and testify. If they can get a conviction without having Abby testify I'd call it justice, even if they had to lose a charge or two.
    That depends, Imo. If he is a sexual predator, he needs to be locked away for a long as possible. No possible reason to let him out in a max of seven years.
    She could probably testify via video or something like that. But I can't agree with ignoring charges if he is a true danger (obviously he is, imo) and a predator, etc.
    Just my opinion, of course.

I don't believe for a second that she went anywhere with him willingly. Like Jaycee Dugard before her and Elizabeth Smart and so many others, I believe he forcefully grabbed her on that quiet, tree-lined path where the girls last saw her.

I have to say that the Mods have shown, even by the exceptionally high standards here, extraordinarily good judgment and taste with how they have treated this sensitive case and have diligently protected Abigail and her familiy. Thank you.

Please make a note that we have an arrest in this case. Any pointing towards, insinuations about, or other disparaging remarks about Abby or her family will be removed.

AH and her family are considered victims here. If anyone thinks otherwise, they can keep those thoughts to themselves or provide a legitimate link for discussion.

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Please make a note that we have an arrest in this case. Any pointing towards, insinuations about, or other disparaging remarks about Abby or her family will be removed.

AH and her family are considered victims here. If anyone thinks otherwise, they can keep those thoughts to themselves or provide a legitimate link for discussion.

Salem
    Is it ok to discuss that she might have gone willingly since it is illegal for him to have arranged it?

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast