Resolved NV - Elko Co, BlkMale UP12744, 20-30, 'Muhammad Haneef', Jun'14 - Name withheld

jjohnston0827

Reaction score
NamUs UP 12744 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/12744

No Image Available

Unidentified Black Male
The victim was discovered on June 13, 2014 in Elko, Elko County, Nevada​

Body Condition
All Parts Recovered -- Not recognizable - Traumatic injuries
Probable Year of Death 2014
Estimated Postmortem Interval 1 Hour​

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: Adult - Pre 30
Approximate Height: 5'3" (63 inches).
Approximate Weight: 148 pounds.
Hair Color: Hair listed as black cut short/shaved with a black close cropped beard.
Eye Color: Brown

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing On Body: Camouflage pants. Black hooded zip front sweatshirt. White socks.
Items With Body: Hand sanitizer, a Veterans Affairs outreach pamphlet and a flashlight.
Footwear: No Footwear​

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is available and entered
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA: Sample available - Not yet submitted

Case History
African American male approximately 20-30 years of age. Possibly staying at the Errecart Bridge homeless camp. Multiple homeless people stated that the decedent referred to himself as "Muhammad Haneef." Search of that name resulted in too many persons with that name. On 06/13/2014, the decedent was witnessed lying on the EB train tracks when he, "sat up" and was struck by a train. The decedent was declared dead at the scene.​

It says this gentleman's fingerprints are on file... if he is indeed a veteran, as indicated by the pamphlet found in his belongings, wouldn't the military have his fingerprints? This is my first UID post, so bear with me! I feel like the pamphlet is a strong lead.

Bumping for this man - I could not find any suitable matches on the various NV dbases and nobody matching age/height/weight/race etc in Namus. Frustrating!

ELKO — A homeless man was killed Friday night when he was run over by a train coming through Elko.
Elko Police Lt. Ty Trouten said the man was a transient. Police have identified him, but Trouten would not release his name because he was not sure if next of kin had been notified.
The man was apparently alive when the train hit him near Errecart Bridge at around 10 p.m. The train engineer said the man sat up before being struck, according to Trouten. It appeared he had laid down on the tracks and passed out, but woke up just before the train hit him.
Trouten said the death did not appear to be a suicide. Police are not sure if the man was intoxicated and are waiting for a toxicology report on the body.
“He was alive at that moment (of impact) but what his status was, we don’t know,” Trouten said.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back