1234 users online (211 members and 1023 guests)  

Websleuths News

Giraffe dies after hitting head on low bridge.

Sad story.

A giraffe has died after smashing its head into a low bridge while it was being transported along a busy highway in South Africa.
    The moments before the accident at around 2.30pm today were caught on camera by a horrified fellow driver who described hearing a loud crack.
    South Africa's Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals told local media the giraffe has since died and the truck driver could face criminal charges.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz399Oj9ypu
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh, that is too sad. Poor giraffe. No way I want to see the video.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Poor guy I hope it was instant.

I can't watch the video
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

I don't think he should have been driving the truck. Charging him with an offence will simply mean that he will not be able to drive the truck and he won't be able to do harm to any other wild life.
    The poor giraffe, other motorists could see what was about to happen, the only person who couldn't was the idiot driving the truck.
    Wildlife everywhere are facing extinction, giraffe's are no exception, natural causes no-one can help but that was totally avoidable.

That's horrific. Poor giraffe. I can't watch either. I heard about this story earlier today and I was expecting them to be contained in a more protective way, that open truck is ridiculous.
    To the batmobile!

Quote Originally Posted by Meryl12 View Post
    I don't think he should have been driving the truck. Charging him with an offence will simply mean that he will not be able to drive the truck and he won't be able to do harm to any other wild life.
    The poor giraffe, other motorists could see what was about to happen, the only person who couldn't was the idiot driving the truck.
    Wildlife everywhere are facing extinction, giraffe's are no exception, natural causes no-one can help but that was totally avoidable.
    I'm hoping they will charge the driver, too. That was completely foreseeable. Anyone with an IQ above 60 could easily recognize when they loaded the giraffes that they would not be able to travel under a bridge. There is a sign on the bridge which likely posts the height clearance. I know in this country trucks that exceed a certain height cannot travel certain roadways. It's really a wonder that the other giraffe wasn't killed, too.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau