Giraffe dies after hitting head on low bridge.

TrackerSam

Reaction score
Sad story.

A giraffe has died after smashing its head into a low bridge while it was being transported along a busy highway in South Africa.
The moments before the accident at around 2.30pm today were caught on camera by a horrified fellow driver who described hearing a loud crack.
South Africa's Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals told local media the giraffe has since died and the truck driver could face criminal charges.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ruck-South-African-highway.html#ixzz399Oj9ypu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Attachments

• 1406821477222_wps_6_Giraffe_Truck.jpg
    1406821477222_wps_6_Giraffe_Truck.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 40
Oh, that is too sad. Poor giraffe. No way I want to see the video. :(

Poor guy :( I hope it was instant.

I can't watch the video

I don't think he should have been driving the truck. Charging him with an offence will simply mean that he will not be able to drive the truck and he won't be able to do harm to any other wild life.
The poor giraffe, other motorists could see what was about to happen, the only person who couldn't was the idiot driving the truck.
Wildlife everywhere are facing extinction, giraffe's are no exception, natural causes no-one can help but that was totally avoidable.

That's horrific. Poor giraffe. I can't watch either. I heard about this story earlier today and I was expecting them to be contained in a more protective way, that open truck is ridiculous.

I don't think he should have been driving the truck. Charging him with an offence will simply mean that he will not be able to drive the truck and he won't be able to do harm to any other wild life.
The poor giraffe, other motorists could see what was about to happen, the only person who couldn't was the idiot driving the truck.
Wildlife everywhere are facing extinction, giraffe's are no exception, natural causes no-one can help but that was totally avoidable.
I'm hoping they will charge the driver, too. That was completely foreseeable. Anyone with an IQ above 60 could easily recognize when they loaded the giraffes that they would not be able to travel under a bridge. There is a sign on the bridge which likely posts the height clearance. I know in this country trucks that exceed a certain height cannot travel certain roadways. It's really a wonder that the other giraffe wasn't killed, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unimog
Back