CA CA - Andrew Mantheiy, 17, Redding, 19 May 1977

I am not sure how to post a picture here nor am I an expert I stumbled across this and just thing the two ave very similar. Unidentified boy found dead February 1984
I did a google search. Are you speaking of the one found on the 12th? If so, he was thought to have only been there for weeks. They look like a good fit but the time frame doesn't seem to match. However, that doesn't mean that an error didn't occur. Perhaps they estimated wrong.

Ikaffy, do you have a tablet or smartphone? If so, try downloading the app "Tapatalk", as it is so easy to upload pix from here. I'm using it right now and love it! I hate using the Websleuths interface; it's rather confusing to navigate. Tapatalk will also alert you as soon as someone posts to this thread, if you hit the star button.

There's a resemblance between him and the John Doe found in CA in 1978, though it could be just because the hair is so similar in the reconstruction. Height is a couple of inches off.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1392umca.html ***No post mortem photo at this site but it does link to one.***

Finally Andrew Mantheiy's DNA is in namus. May have been for a while but I've only noticed recently.

Another missing person from Redding is 20 year old Andrew Scott Ewing, who disappeared just over 6 months earlier when planning to hitchhike to Sacramento.

There's a resemblance between him and the John Doe found in CA in 1978, though it could be just because the hair is so similar in the reconstruction. Height is a couple of inches off.

1392UMCA ***No post mortem photo at this site but it does link to one.***
Andrew has just been ruled out as being this Doe, according to NamUs. Though, the similarity between John Doe's second NCMEC recon and the picture of Andrew is astonishing.

Never far from my thoughts. You haven't been forgotten, kid.

Disappearances like these break my heart - the ones with very little available info and very little media attention that have gone unsolved for decades. To think it's been so long with no conclusive answers for those who care about Andrew and seemingly no substantial leads is harrowing. It baffles me how someone can just vanish off the face of the Earth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back