935 users online (124 members and 811 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94
Results 1,396 to 1,408 of 1408
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
    Some Rite Aid brand sleep aids contain generic Benadryl. I think the type of sleep medication depends on whether it was the Rite Aid version of Tylenol PM or Unisom?
    It's not a generic of any specific brand, really. Yes, Benadryl is the original, but the chemical names are what it comes down to. Go to a store and look for (just an example) Benadryl. You'll find it in generics marked antihistamines, sleep aids, motion sickness, etc...but they are all the same active drug. Diphenhydramine is old as dirt, and has many uses, so you'll see it marketed to different symptoms. The diphenhydramine in Tylenol pm is the exact same as the diphenhydramine in Benadryl, some forms of unisom, 'allergy meds' In a pink box lol..
    When a drug has a patent, one company gets to be the one and only company to make a drug under their brand name. After that runs out(typically 5-10yrs), all sorts of drug manufacturers are working on their generic so it's ready to go when the patent is up. That's why if you get a new drug from a pharmacy, it's crazy expensive. The company knows they are the only one allowed to make and market that formulation. When the generic comes out, the prices slowly come down, because it's not all about one company holding the gold anymore. See what I mean? It's late..sorry if I rambled lol

Heh. OT a little, but I think it was this thread that talked about idiots calling 911 for the most bizarre reasons. Here's a new one:

LA residents call 911 when Facebook goes down

http://money.cnn.com/2014/08/04/news...ok-outage-911/

I just wanted to mention that Jennifer Evert( I hope that is the right name) also went to a convenience store and bought a snack. Then she drove into the woods and shot herself. People do things you would not expect.

Of course it's my own opinion, the opinion rental shop was fresh out of borrowed opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by JustBecause View Post
    Right..but my point is that they keep saying she bought gas, trail mix, Gatorade, and OTC 'sleeping pills'. Benadryl is a great sleep aid, but it's also a fantastic thing to take for motion sickness. This makes me really think about the ferry sighting. I've been on those ferries. You need something to keep your cookies in. If I was planning on disappearing on a ferry, I'd stop and get some Benadryl too. Not necessarily to sleep, but to prevent sea sickness. See where I'm getting with this?
    As everyone has repeated already it wasn't Benadryl it was rite aids version of Unisom.

It's not a generic of any specific brand, really. Yes, Benadryl is the original, but the chemical names are what it comes down to. Go to a store and look for (just an example) Benadryl. You'll find it in generics marked antihistamines, sleep aids, motion sickness, etc...but they are all the same active drug. Diphenhydramine is old as dirt, and has many uses, so you'll see it marketed to different symptoms. The diphenhydramine in Tylenol pm is the exact same as the diphenhydramine in Benadryl, some forms of unisom, 'allergy meds' In a pink box lol..
    When a drug has a patent, one company gets to be the one and only company to make a drug under their brand name. After that runs out(typically 5-10yrs), all sorts of drug manufacturers are working on their generic so it's ready to go when the patent is up. That's why if you get a new drug from a pharmacy, it's crazy expensive. The company knows they are the only one allowed to make and market that formulation. When the generic comes out, the prices slowly come down, because it's not all about one company holding the gold anymore. See what I mean? It's late..sorry if I rambled lol
    That's kind of what I meant. Diphenhydramine is a generic Benadryl found in Tylenol PM (and store brand versions, such as the Rite Aid brand). Whereas the Doxylamine is the generic medication found in forms Unisom. At least that's my understanding. I only know I have to be careful to avoid Benadryl (and Diphenhydramine) because it tends to make me nauseous. Yeah, I'm just a weirdo that way.

ETA: My point being that Rite Aid sell it's own version of both Tylenol PM and Unisom, so she could have purchased either Diphenhydramine or Doxylamine. I don't think it's been specified which one she purchased, and I don't think it really makes a huge difference either way. IMO.

Right..but my point is that they keep saying she bought gas, trail mix, Gatorade, and OTC 'sleeping pills'. Benadryl is a great sleep aid, but it's also a fantastic thing to take for motion sickness. This makes me really think about the ferry sighting. I've been on those ferries. You need something to keep your cookies in. If I was planning on disappearing on a ferry, I'd stop and get some Benadryl too. Not necessarily to sleep, but to prevent sea sickness. See where I'm getting with this?
    In the summer, when the weather is calm, seasickness is rarely an issue on the San Juan routes. The ferries are huge and very very stable. I get seasick fairly easily and the only time I have had the slightest issue was going through some storms in the winter.

I've been on the Mukilteo-South Whidbey route in the middle of big wind storms and did feel a little queasy then.

I just find it highly unlikely that she would have bought the sleep aid in preparation for a ferry ride to the San Juans.

My husband's been a Sailor for almost 20yrs. He still gets motion sickness when he gets underway, until he gets his sea legs. Some people are lucky and don't get sea sick, but large ferries are brutal. They're nothing like fishing boats/sailboats etc. I'm not looking for an argument.. Just new prospectives.
    Oh, poor guy! I can relate! I live ON an island and I get so seasick! We took a dinner cruise to the Na Pali Coast of Kauai and I was doing good until we were ready to eat! I was the only one out of 80 people throwing up over the side! Everyone said the lasagna was great! Even pills don't help me.

And just had to add...if there are any I Love Lucy fans on here, like me, it brings to mind the episode of the Staten Island Ferry. lol!
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Sure, during the winter, the Strait can be pretty rough. I think everyone is looking for new perspectives.
    I don't see any argument.
    JH is from Gig Harbor
    The San Juan ferries do not cross the Strait of Juan de Fuca.

but large ferries are brutal.
    Have you actually ridden the Washington State Ferries to any of the San Juan Islands in the summer? I've never heard anyone describe them as brutal. They are extremely calm most of the time. I ride them 1-2 times a month, sometimes more...

Now waiting to catch the ferry, I have heard that described as brutal many times

liloleme is offline Verified President of Put Your Big Girl Panties On
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumeria5 View Post
    http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...her_waits.html

Turner said her daughter was born in the Panama Canal Zone and then raised in the Tacoma area. She attended a community college in Bellingham, she said. Jennifer Huston is a stay-at-home mom, she said.

"She loved decorating, yard work and getting together with friends for coffee," Turner said. "She likes design and culture. She was a woman who wanted to make life better."
    Her mom mixes her tenses here.. she loved... she likes... she was...

Jmo it would never occur to me that Unisom or Tylenol PM would be helpful for sea-sickness. There are products for that.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartSassyBBW View Post
    As everyone has repeated already it wasn't Benadryl it was rite aids version of Unisom.
    As everyone has speculated.

I'm going to make a new thread. Pack your bags quickly.

Here's the link to the new thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...24-July-2014-4

Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94