GUILTY OR - Isabella Smith, 2, killed, 13yo injured, Cannon Beach, 31 July 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...sf/2014/08/baby_dead_13_year_old_cut_and.html

News of a horrific crime broke Friday when a housekeeper discovered a gruesome scene inside a Cannon Beach hotel room, officials reported.

A baby's body was found -- authorities are calling it a homicide -- and the housekeeper found a 13-year-old with what was described as "critical cuts."

The parents were missing.

http://www.kptv.com/story/26175534/dead-baby-severely-injured-child-found-in-cannon-beach-hotel-room

Police were called to the Surfsand Resort on West Gower Avenue at 9:40 a.m. Friday.

Police said there were no adults in the room and the children's parents remained missing Friday afternoon.

Cannon Beach Police Chief Jason Schermerhorn said it's not yet clear if the parents were involved in the death and injuries to the children. Police were not releasing the parents' names Friday afternoon as they worked to determine if they are from the immediate area.

Baby found dead, teen injured in Cannon Beach; parents missing

An infant was found dead and a teenager seriously injured at a Cannon Beach hotel Friday, and police are searching for the parents. Cannon Beach police were called to the Surfsand Resort at 148 W Gower Ave. just after 9:30 a.m. on the report of a disoriented woman. When they arrived, officers found an infant dead and a young teen seriously injured inside a hotel room.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Baby-dead-in-Cannon-beach-parents-missing--269587551.html

What a frightening story! RIP little angel. Prayers for the teens recovery.

I wonder if the 13's cuts are self inflicted? Was she babysitting and a tragic accident occurred? Where are mom and dad?

Well omg is there a husband in WA state? She MUST b found and prosecuted. Wtf over?

Jeez! How scary! My in-laws took my kids to the coast today - I will tell them to be on the lookout for that car.

Brad Reed @BradKATU · 15m
Jessica Smith of Goldendale, WA wanted for questioning in death of baby and injured teen in #CannonBeach #LiveOnK2

Bt_DkIKIEAE_xbX.jpg

Brad Reed ‏@BradKATU 11m
#Breaking: Wanted woman driving Gold Chevy Suburban similar to this. WA license plate APX3141 #CannonBeach #LiveOnK2 pic.twitter.com/A8wYmo7OhI

Bt_EIQZIYAEKX4t.jpg

https://twitter.com/BradKATU

This makes absolutely no sense. The reports are utterly bizarre and borderline illegible. I remember the good old days when journalists asked questions. Like, for example:

1. Why are they 'looking for both parents' but only naming the mother?
2. Do they suspect dad is the culprit and is holding his wife hostage, or vice versa?
3. Do they suspect both were involved?
4. Do they suspect that both are kidnapped/endangered?

I mean, sheesh. Do your f'n job. :facepalm:

I agree. They nd to release more info. Where is dad??

This makes absolutely no sense. The reports are utterly bizarre and borderline illegible. I remember the good old days when journalists asked questions. Like, for example:

1. Why are they 'looking for both parents' but only naming the mother?
2. Do they suspect dad is the culprit and is holding his wife hostage, or vice versa?
3. Do they suspect both were involved?
4. Do they suspect that both are kidnapped/endangered?

I mean, sheesh. Do your f'n job. :facepalm:

They haven't actually said that she is the mother - just that she is related to the incident. Maybe they don't know at this time if she is the mother - if the teenager was in critical condition and med-flighted, they may not have been able to get much information from them prior to that.

From press conference:
Haven't notified the family so they aren't giving out names. Jessica Smith checked in on July 30th with 2 children. Manner of death and identities are being withheld for the time being. Baby was 2 years old.
Asking for tips and they aren't going to comment further until Jessica is located.
Jessica is the mother.
They do not know if she's a danger, she is a person of interest, not a suspect. They want to make sure she is okay as well.
They did get the name of the mother from the girl, but she was being stabilized at the time.

From press conference:
Haven't notified the family so they aren't giving out names. Jessica Smith checked in on July 30th with 2 children. Manner of death and identities are being withheld for the time being. Baby was 2 years old.
Asking for tips and they aren't going to comment further until Jessica is located.
Jessica is the mother.
They do not know if she's a danger, she is a person of interest, not a suspect. They want to make sure she is okay as well.
They did get the name of the mother from the girl, but she was being stabilized at the time.

Sounds like she checked in with just the kids - no mention of the father/husband. Where is he?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme
Back