CO CO - Richard "Dick" Beebe, 74, Denver, 14 July 2013

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
A member brought this to my attention and asked me to start a thread.

Killer may have sent text from missing man's phone
Melissa Blasius, KUSA 1 August 2014

[...]

Denver Police Det. Aaron Lopez says he hopes new information from the public will lead to a break in the case. Lopez, a homicide investigator, says there's been no evidence indicating Richard is alive, but no one has found his body, either.

"We fear he is deceased and we have evidence to believe foul play is involved," Lopez said.

[...]

"It doesn't sound like Richard," said Judi. "It was perfectly typed, perfectly punctuated and perfectly spelled, which was not his style."

"He closed it 'Love to you and Michael, Dick,'" She added. She said that was also strange because "I have always called him 'Richard.'"

"This text didn't come from my dad," Michael concluded. Michael says he believes his dad's killer faked the text.

[...]

If you have any information about Richard Beebe's disappearance or death, contact Metro Denver Crime Stoppers at 720-913-STOP.

The family's Facebook page

Help Find Richard "Dick" Beebe

1743616_435427513255909_986272401_n.png

There must have been very little news coverage on this! Although I do not know him, I live in his neighborhood and I have never even heard of this case.
So much time has passed, I doubt I could recall anything from that time last summer. Very sad

[...]

Denver Police Det. Aaron Lopez says he hopes new information from the public will lead to a break in the case. Lopez, a homicide investigator, says there's been no evidence indicating Richard is alive, but no one has found his body, either.

"We fear he is deceased and we have evidence to believe foul play is involved," Lopez said.

[...]

"It doesn't sound like Richard," said Judi. "It was perfectly typed, perfectly punctuated and perfectly spelled, which was not his style."

"He closed it 'Love to you and Michael, Dick,'" She added. She said that was also strange because "I have always called him 'Richard.'"

"This text didn't come from my dad," Michael concluded. Michael says he believes his dad's killer faked the text.

[...]

If you have any information about Richard Beebe's disappearance or death, contact Metro Denver Crime Stoppers at 720-913-STOP.

Also from the above link:

"The family says Richard did not withdraw money from his bank accounts in the last year. Relatives also say Richard didn't take items that he would have typically taken on a vacation. His cell phone, medication, laptop and clothes were all left at his home in southeast Denver. He shared the home with a roommate.

Judi said she contacted the roommate, John Vigil, though email.

"The roommate said he had insisted that Richard leave the house, because he didn't want to put up with the behavior he was accusing Richard of, and we knew Richard was the one paying the rent," she said.

Richard's green Buick was found abandoned less than a week after the disappearance, in a parking lot at the intersection of Florida and Holly."

[...]

[...]

[...]

It seems we see this more and more these days, perps sending texts from their victims phones. jmo

BBM:

<rsbm>

Glad LE is reaching out to the public in this case. Hopefully getting the word out will help yield some positive results.

"Love to you and Michael"...

So, he either knew his kid's name, or perhaps saw his name in a previous text?

"Met Someone
Going to Arizona
Forever
Love to you and Michael,
Dick"

Yeah, I just wrote it out in text to get the flow, definitely hinky. Especially when he says "forever". and why Arizona? Random choice for a red herring?

That text seems really fake! Who says "well, I am leaving FOREVER. Bye now"... Nobody!

Wow, and the phone was found in the house? And the roommate told Richard to leave because of some kind of "behavior", according to the article? How much did they check out this roommate???

Richard Glen Beebe – The Charley Project

Richard Glen Beebe

beebe_richard.jpg
beebe_richard2.jpg
beebe_richard3.jpg

Missing Since 07/07/2013
Missing From Denver, Colorado
Classification Endangered Missing
Sex Male
Race White
Date of Birth 07/26/1938 (81)
Age 74 years old
Height and Weight 5'10, 185 pounds
Medical Conditions Beebe was taking medication at the time of his disappearance for unspecified reasons. His medicine was left behind.
Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Beebe's nickname is Dick.

Details of Disappearance
Beebe was last seen in Denver, Colorado on July 7, 2013. His roommate stated he insisted Beebe move out of their residence and he did so, leaving behind all his belongings, including his medication, laptop computer, clothes and cellular phone. His green Buick was found abandoned in a parking lot at the intersection of Florida and Holly less than a week later.

Beebe hasn't withdrawn any money from his bank accounts since he went missing. His family got a goodbye text from his phone, saying he had met someone and was going to Arizona and would not be returning. They don't believe he sent the text, however, because it wasn't in his usual writing style.

Authorities believe Beebe may have been the victim of a homicide. His case remains unsolved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back