Australia Australia - Sydney, NSW, Fem body, Willis Park, 'Jemima King', Feb'14

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Police are appealing for the public’s help to identify a woman whose body was found in a Sydney park earlier this year.

On Saturday 15 February, a member of the public located the woman’s body in Willis Park at Middle Cove.

A post mortem established her death was not suspicious but extensive inquiries, including forensic processes, have been unable to determine her identity.

Police have been able to establish the woman used the name of Jemima Ann King in Queensland in 2002 but they don’t believe that was her real identity.

Officers from North Shore Local Area Command have exhausted all investigative avenues to identify her and have today released a photo of the woman which was taken in 2002.

They believe she lived in both New South Wales and Queensland.

She is described as being of Caucasian appearance, aged between 35 and 50 years, 155 to 160cm tall, thin build and brown hair with yellow streaks.

Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page: https://www1.police.nsw.gov.au/.

10552557_10152354361616185_1355962491676841913_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/nswpoliceforce

WOAH. That poor woman's face looks familiar to me!!! I can't at all think how...but when I scrolled down to her picture, I thought I recognised her.. from somewhere.

Maybe she just has one of those faces? Anyway, I hope she'd identified soon.

I went to high school in Middle Cove - very 'respectable' area. Not a high crime spot in any way (unless it's completely changed!! It has been a few years!:lol:) But it's North Shore suburban all the way......

This is freaking me out a little bit.. If I have seen her before, then she's spent time in Victoria, and it would have been quite some years ago now, my disability means I don't get about like an overly sociable gadfly, as I used to.

I feel I ought to be able to recall a name. That's how familiar she is. I just have no idea at all where or when we might have met.

This is freaking me out a little bit.. If I have seen her before, then she's spent time in Victoria, and it would have been quite some years ago now, my disability means I don't get about like an overly sociable gadfly, as I used to.

I feel I ought to be able to recall a name. That's how familiar she is. I just have no idea at all where or when we might have met.

Wow, that's pretty full on Ausgirl. Hopefully it just 'comes' to you......:seeya:

The other thing is that photo is from 2002 - and she's now been living rough outside for some years - so she would have looked different toward the end of her life this year I'd imagine. A lot of time has passed.....

I keep noticing how distinctive her ear lobes are......hopefully someone who knew her recognises them too.

I saw the article this afternoon and wondered if there was a thread. I really do hope if you have met her that you can remember Ausgirl. I hate it when you see someone's face and you know you have seen them before but can't place where. I thought she also had a familiar face but to be honest I don't think I have met her at all...as you said one of those faces that seems familiar. I was shocked that the torso murder victim - George Gerbic - was not reported missing at all. Despite having a fiance - who we know is the murderer - but that he also had kids and other family and friends who just didn't seem to notice. Stranger things have happened...maybe no one has noticed that they have not seen or heard from her in years? Very sad indeed for this lady but hope she is identified soon.

There was another case a few years ago about a lady who lived in a cave in the Blue Mountains: http://www.smh.com.au/national/the-...ed-to-a-cave-in-heartbreak-20090630-d3t5.html
I don't want to sound insensitive but I did half jokingly mention to some friends a while ago, when life was seriously becoming overwhelming for a number of reasons, about running off and living in a cave to escape it all. I didn't of course...hopefully someone out there knows who she is.

I found this case in twitter, and came looking to see if we had a thread.

This lady has really distinctive ears, I think, with elongated lower lobes. I don't know it that's natural, or caused by heavy earrings?

I also thought she appeared smart and madeup in 2009, so perhaps the slide into where she found herself didn't happen too long before that?

I wondered if she might've lived in the area as a child, it's not a place known for it's homeless population?

There might be a reason so many Australians think they recognise her.

I thought I'd seen her before too, but then I realised she reminded me of a well-known Sydney identity & after telling myself I was being ridiculous for an entire day, I finally googled the person I was thinking of.

People have already commented that surely her ears will help identify her, but it wasn't ears I was thinking of when I googled, it was the face - until I saw pictures of the person I was thinking of.

She bears a striking resemblance to Rosaleen Norton aka The Witch of Kings Cross - ears especially. Rosaleen had a family connection in Lindfield which is very close to Middle Cove. She was an eccentric & sometimes she was in the papers after being arrested for vagrancy & similar charges. The police at the time believed she was running a real satanic coven that had infiltrated the highest levels of power in NSW & she was a frequent target of raids.

Obviously this isn't Rosaleen, she died in 1979 & I'm fairly certain she never had children - I'm not sure she didn't have nieces though. It's probably just a series of coincidences, Sydney's not the small town it once was & there are bound to be other women who look like Rosaleen Norton, but I rang Chatswood Police last night & said maybe they should Google Rosaleen just in case.

Is it ok to post pics? Will delete if needed
a1986078003cc1c540f3afc5f631e1e0.jpg

rosaleen.jpg

ETA emailed a writer who interviewed her sister in the 90's. Asked him to take a look & either ignore or give Chatswood Police a call if he thinks there's a chance she's a relative. Hopefully he still checks that email. Not much more I can do I guess.

I'm a HUGE fan of Rosaleen Norton! Almost purchased one of her paintings years ago, and still regret that I didn't.

I don't think that's the connection my brain is making, though. It's definitely something about this lady's own face that seems familiar to me. I keep expecting to recall something useful, but it's just not happening. Sigh.

She is very distinctive looking though. Hopefully someone can remember who she is.

I wondered if she might've lived in the area as a child, it's not a place known for it's homeless population?

There might be a reason so many Australians think they recognise her.

I thought I'd seen her before too, but then I realised she reminded me of a well-known Sydney identity & after telling myself I was being ridiculous for an entire day, I finally googled the person I was thinking of.

People have already commented that surely her ears will help identify her, but it wasn't ears I was thinking of when I googled, it was the face - until I saw pictures of the person I was thinking of.

She bears a striking resemblance to Rosaleen Norton aka The Witch of Kings Cross - ears especially. Rosaleen had a family connection in Lindfield which is very close to Middle Cove. She was an eccentric & sometimes she was in the papers after being arrested for vagrancy & similar charges. The police at the time believed she was running a real satanic coven that had infiltrated the highest levels of power in NSW & she was a frequent target of raids.

Obviously this isn't Rosaleen, she died in 1979 & I'm fairly certain she never had children - I'm not sure she didn't have nieces though. It's probably just a series of coincidences, Sydney's not the small town it once was & there are bound to be other women who look like Rosaleen Norton, but I rang Chatswood Police last night & said maybe they should Google Rosaleen just in case.

Is it ok to post pics? Will delete if needed
View attachment 56379

View attachment 56380

ETA emailed a writer who interviewed her sister in the 90's. Asked him to take a look & either ignore or give Chatswood Police a call if he thinks there's a chance she's a relative. Hopefully he still checks that email. Not much more I can do I guess.

Thank you so much for that info, Antechinus (I love antechinus' by the way :happydance:- we have many of them up here in the Northern Rivers)

What you posted is fascinating - and there is an uncanny resemblance imo.

And great work contacting police and the writer. You rock!!

How terribly sad that she lived in a cave for so many years - it must have been utterly freezing there at night for her - and scary too.

I am wondering what this meant...

Police believe she died as a consequence of being homeless.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/appeal-to...-cove-cave-20140804-100apc.html#ixzz39c7HwVPB

I hope she didn't starve to death. They did say natural causes, but I wonder why they wont elaborate.

Someone in the area must have talked to her over the years. The local shop, a refuge, the Salvos?
I hope they find out who she is soon.
Bless her.

I see a very strong resemblance between missing Michelle Pope and Jemima Ann King. The hair and mouth are very distinctive. An unusual smile, with corners turned downwards. Eye colour both brown.
Also: she used the alias "King": pope & king both monarchs...
I've added their photos below.

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-6_10-30-5.png
    upload_2019-5-6_10-30-5.png
    334.2 KB · Views: 19
  • upload_2019-5-6_10-30-49.png
    upload_2019-5-6_10-30-49.png
    179.8 KB · Views: 20

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online