1360 users online (353 members and 1007 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WA - Wife sets 7yo daughter's molester on fire, Seattle

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5642480

Hedman allegedly confessed to pouring gasoline on her husband because he “hurt” her daughter. Phillips is not the child’s biological father. Days later, police recommended that he be charged with first-degree child molestation, KOMO News reported.

Good for her!!!
    I hope she makes bail and can continue to parent her daughter.

IMO

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

she's a better person than me......((just saying))) MOO
    Just My Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post

Hedman allegedly confessed to pouring gasoline on her husband because he “hurt” her daughter. Phillips is not the child’s biological father. Days later, police recommended that he be charged with first-degree child molestation, KOMO News reported.

Good for her!!!

IMO
    NG talked about this tonight on her show and I have mixed feelings on it. We can't have vigilantes running around exacting revenge without physical proof. I perfectly understand why she did it, but she needs to be charged with something for doing it. If it's proven the daughter was molested then I'd sentence the mother to five to ten years of probation.

Evidently the dude has a long history of legal troubles including domestic violence. I don't understand why any woman would date, let alone marry a guy like that. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    NG talked about this tonight on her show and I have mixed feelings on it. We can't have vigilantes running around exacting revenge without physical proof. I perfectly understand why she did it, but she needs to be charged with something for doing it. If it's proven the daughter was molested then I'd sentence the mother to five to ten years of probation.

Evidently the dude has a long history of legal troubles including domestic violence. I don't understand why any woman would date, let alone marry a guy like that. JMO
    Agreed.

The laws still need to change so child victims are not victimized again by the "justice system" or the perpetrators walk straight out of prison in a few years to do the same damn thing again and again and again.

I agree with you Steely. Now, if she had walked in on him during the crime, and she knifed him in the back, so be it. I would applaud her. But I don't think we can condone setting people on fire, as much as this POS seemed to deserve it. jmo

But I would not give her any jail time. I'd give her a light slap on the wrist and say " Please stop setting people on fire, thanks. '
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

I just watched the video of the guy in the connivence store... He falls to his knees screaming for help...and a customer looks at him, turns and finishes his transaction.
    Wow!

Connivence store? That is a good name for my local 7/11. They charge 5 bucks for 2 rolls of tp.

Agreed.

The laws still need to change so child victims are not victimized again by the "justice system" or the perpetrators walk straight out of prison in a few years to do the same damn thing again and again and again.
    I totally agree with that. Sexual crimes should be life sentences. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I agree with you Steely. Now, if she had walked in on him during the crime, and she knifed him in the back, so be it. I would applaud her. But I don't think we can condone setting people on fire, as much as this POS seemed to deserve it. jmo

But I would not give her any jail time. I'd give her a light slap on the wrist and say " Please stop setting people on fire, thanks. '
    BBM

Agreed.

Connivence store? That is a good name for my local 7/11. They charge 5 bucks for 2 rolls of tp.
    Was a spelling error, but I kinda like it!!!

Thoughts of setting anyone ablaze nauseates me. I applaud her however for not fatally harming him - would not have done her or her child any good.

I shudder to think how I might react. (KWIM)
    Just My Opinion

IMO she shoulda shot him.
    The buying the gas and planning may be difficult for her to overcome.
    If I was on a jury, no way would I convict her.

Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post
    Thoughts of setting anyone ablaze nauseates me. I applaud her however for not fatally harming him - would not have done her or her child any good.

I shudder to think how I might react. (KWIM)
    I never told my father that my uncle was molesting me, because even my 8 yr old logic, KNEW that Daddy would have killed him. And I couldn't bear the thought of my Dad going to jail. So I held that toxic secret in for many years.

IMO she shoulda shot him.
    The buying the gas and planning may be difficult for her to overcome.
    If I was on a jury, no way would I convict her.
    She would be better off with a more spontaneous action, like shooting. I agree. But I think most juries are going to let her off easy. I would.

I never told my father that my uncle was molesting me, because even my 8 yr old logic, KNEW that Daddy would have killed him. And I couldn't bear the thought of my Dad going to jail. So I held that toxic secret in for many years.
    That's been tough on you (((hugs))) and you were protecting your Dad.....((brave girl))
    Just My Opinion

Good for her!!!

IMO
    The news report above this video shows a man kicking a poor squirrel into the Grand Canyon. His face can be seen, please have good look at this video.
    I hope this monstrous person realises a lot of people will know what he did.
    I don't know whether he can be charges for animal cruelty, but he deserved to be........... sorry mods........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast