WA - Wife sets 7yo daughter's molester on fire, Seattle

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5642480

Hedman allegedly confessed to pouring gasoline on her husband because he “hurt” her daughter. Phillips is not the child’s biological father. Days later, police recommended that he be charged with first-degree child molestation, KOMO News reported.

Good for her!!!
I hope she makes bail and can continue to parent her daughter.

IMO

she's a better person than me......((just saying))) MOO

Hedman allegedly confessed to pouring gasoline on her husband because he “hurt” her daughter. Phillips is not the child’s biological father. Days later, police recommended that he be charged with first-degree child molestation, KOMO News reported.

Good for her!!!

IMO

NG talked about this tonight on her show and I have mixed feelings on it. We can't have vigilantes running around exacting revenge without physical proof. I perfectly understand why she did it, but she needs to be charged with something for doing it. If it's proven the daughter was molested then I'd sentence the mother to five to ten years of probation.

Evidently the dude has a long history of legal troubles including domestic violence. I don't understand why any woman would date, let alone marry a guy like that. JMO

NG talked about this tonight on her show and I have mixed feelings on it. We can't have vigilantes running around exacting revenge without physical proof. I perfectly understand why she did it, but she needs to be charged with something for doing it. If it's proven the daughter was molested then I'd sentence the mother to five to ten years of probation.

Evidently the dude has a long history of legal troubles including domestic violence. I don't understand why any woman would date, let alone marry a guy like that. JMO

Agreed.

The laws still need to change so child victims are not victimized again by the "justice system" or the perpetrators walk straight out of prison in a few years to do the same damn thing again and again and again.

I agree with you Steely. Now, if she had walked in on him during the crime, and she knifed him in the back, so be it. I would applaud her. But I don't think we can condone setting people on fire, as much as this seemed to deserve it. jmo

But I would not give her any jail time. I'd give her a light slap on the wrist and say " Please stop setting people on fire, thanks. '

I just watched the video of the guy in the connivence store... He falls to his knees screaming for help...and a customer looks at him, turns and finishes his transaction.
Wow!

Connivence store? That is a good name for my local 7/11. They charge 5 bucks for 2 rolls of tp.

Agreed.

The laws still need to change so child victims are not victimized again by the "justice system" or the perpetrators walk straight out of prison in a few years to do the same damn thing again and again and again.

I totally agree with that. Sexual crimes should be life sentences. JMO

I agree with you Steely. Now, if she had walked in on him during the crime, and she knifed him in the back, so be it. I would applaud her. But I don't think we can condone setting people on fire, as much as this seemed to deserve it. jmo

But I would not give her any jail time. I'd give her a light slap on the wrist and say " Please stop setting people on fire, thanks. '

BBM

Agreed.

Thoughts of setting anyone ablaze nauseates me. I applaud her however for not fatally harming him - would not have done her or her child any good.

I shudder to think how I might react. (KWIM)

IMO she shoulda shot him.
The buying the gas and planning may be difficult for her to overcome.
If I was on a jury, no way would I convict her.

Thoughts of setting anyone ablaze nauseates me. I applaud her however for not fatally harming him - would not have done her or her child any good.

I shudder to think how I might react. (KWIM)

I never told my father that my uncle was molesting me, because even my 8 yr old logic, KNEW that Daddy would have killed him. And I couldn't bear the thought of my Dad going to jail. So I held that toxic secret in for many years.

IMO she shoulda shot him.
The buying the gas and planning may be difficult for her to overcome.
If I was on a jury, no way would I convict her.

She would be better off with a more spontaneous action, like shooting. I agree. But I think most juries are going to let her off easy. I would.

I never told my father that my uncle was molesting me, because even my 8 yr old logic, KNEW that Daddy would have killed him. And I couldn't bear the thought of my Dad going to jail. So I held that toxic secret in for many years.

That's been tough on you (((hugs))) and you were protecting your Dad.....((brave girl))

Good for her!!!

IMO

The news report above this video shows a man kicking a poor squirrel into the Grand Canyon. His face can be seen, please have good look at this video.
I hope this monstrous person realises a lot of people will know what he did.
I don't know whether he can be charges for animal cruelty, but he deserved to be...........:eek:fftopic: sorry mods........ :cat:

what video of animal cruelty? I checked the Huffington post link in the post you quoted and do not see it? And if the guy is an *advertiser censored* who is cruel to animals why was mom having this guy in the life of her child? I am torn on this one. I can't get behind vigilantism but if she had just found out and the dude was napping and she snapped I could see it happening. What worries me is that if this man is known to be cruel why did she marry him and have him around her little one? The child is seven? When did she and her husband marry?

And the "victim" of the burning . . .

I hope he suffers.

What's very interesting and telling to me is...r. Days later, police recommended that he be charged with first-degree child molestation,

That means after mom was arrested and this guys in the hospital ...this child was forensically interviewed and there was enough credible testimony from the child to file that charge.

IMO

The video has a few other videos above it. Directly above the word "Molested" there are headlines saying "man kicks squirrel into Grand Canyon" it is a separate video and has nothing to do with the vigilate mother.

Again sorry mods....

The news report above this video shows a man kicking a poor squirrel into the Grand Canyon. His face can be seen, please have good look at this video.
I hope this monstrous person realises a lot of people will know what he did.
I don't know whether he can be charges for animal cruelty, but he deserved to be...........:eek:fftopic: sorry mods........ :cat:

“You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals.” ― Paul McCartney

While I cannot condone setting the on fire, I certainly could understand a Lorena Bobbitt type of reaction.
:moo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back