903 users online (121 members and 782 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Nayeli Martinez, 6mos, Santa Barbara, 3 August 2014

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...269909641.html

>According to officials, 6-month-old Nayeli Martinez was abducted Sunday night by 28-year-old Joshua Ivan Martinez.

The infant has black hair and brown eyes. Her potential abductor is described as 5-foot-8 and 187 pounds with black hair and brown eyes.

Police believe the pair is traveling to Mexico in a black 2013 Ford Focus with a temporary dealer license plate that says "Garcia Auto Sales."
    http://www.missingkids.com/poster/AMBER/11594/8021
    Last edited by Salem; 08-05-2014 at 01:16 AM.

Who is the man? Non custodial parent? Please don't hurt her.

This is the first I've heard of this and I live in San Diego. Nothing on the news, no AA on my phone nor did I see anything on the electronic freeway signs. Argh! I pray she is found soon.

A couple more links, nothing new and amazing none of the major 3 stations in San Diego have even picked it up (strange!):

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...ing-abduction/

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/...269911941.html
    Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

Huh? There is a bald baby and a baby with hair? Is the baby wearing a wig?
    Did her hair really grow from nothing that fast? She's only 6 months old!

Bald picture is newer, they gave her a buzz cut with clippers. That's exactly what my boys look like after I cut their hair.

Missing: NAYELI MARTINEZ (CA)

NAYELI MARTINEZ, Age Now: 6 Month(s), Missing: 08/03/2014. Missing From SANTA BARBARA, CA. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Santa Barbara Police Department (California) 1-805-897-2410.

More...

YEA ! I hope safe means SAFE !

http://www.thevillagenews.com/story/79851/

U.S. Justice Department investigators located the suspect's vehicle in the 3800 block of Sipes Lane and requested assistance from the San Diego Police Department around 5:45 p.m. Monday, San Diego police Sgt. David E. Jennings said.

Local SWAT team members and crisis negotiators were dispatched to the mobile home park where Martinez, who was believed to be possibly armed, was holed up, according to Jennings.

Martinez surrendered around 8:20 p.m. and, according to Jennings, was taken into custody without incident on charges stemming from the alleged kidnapping. Nayeli was rescued uninjured.

Quote Originally Posted by SDHELPS View Post
    This is the first I've heard of this and I live in San Diego. Nothing on the news, no AA on my phone nor did I see anything on the electronic freeway signs. Argh! I pray she is found soon.

A couple more links, nothing new and amazing none of the major 3 stations in San Diego have even picked it up (strange!):

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/...269911941.html
    As you know, I'm also here in SD.

I didn't get it on my phone, but it was on the TV every 10-15 minutes starting about 5:30 pm scrolling (to the point I was thoroughly confused as to why it hadn't come through on the phone alert considering it was consistent on the TV)

I feel like that (the phone AA) was the real lacking point since that noise gets the attention of so many! But the way it played out (in real time) also came into play on this one far more than I've ever seen before.

Though I also had been listening to the scanner through it all so I also got to hear the entire thing go down. But I've also never heard SO many calls come in after any AA has been issued. It was non-stop calls about the car as soon as I saw the alert pop up and turned the scanner on.

CHP issued it online at 5:37 (for San Diego) I believe it was shortly before that they extended it down into San Diego, it just hadn't gone into print b/c it had just happened, so the CHP one was the one that hit and most media reacted to.

And all the stations had it on twitter KNSD (5:30) 10 News (5:40) Fox 5 (6 pm) San Diego 6 (6:15) KFMB (7 - ironic since at that point it had already gone SWAT and she really wasn't 'missing' they just couldn't cancel it yet to not tip people off!)

I think KGTV did the best coverage wise - they had it online at 5:39 (so 2 minutes after CHP's alert) They were also first on scene after it went SWAT (and the only ones who caught the escalation - though I know LE wasn't wanting them there...or that quickly!)

What time were you on the freeways? It may have been too late? Or were you further north? It was DEFINITELY on the freeway signs, at least in many areas. I heard dozens and dozens of calls broadcast on the scanner w/ updates of where exactly the vehicle was heading down the 805. It was seriously crazy all the calls coming in. They sounded skeptical for a bit, but then they were all consistent and it was apparent it was legit. (And obviously I was only getting positional changes once they realized they seemed to be credible and stopped adding that they were getting more calls, just giving locations)

It was between that and the cell pings of his phone that led them to his location. Once they knew where he was I believe the signs were turned off, so if you weren't out between about 5:30 and 6:30, you'd not have seen them. And if you were further north at all, once the calls were coming in and it was clear where he was, I suspect those were deactivated even earlier.

I heard the Code 11 (SWAT staging) shortly before 7 pm.

They had known where he was for a bit prior to that, and had been staging already at the San Ysidro Outlets for some time preparing and discussing whether to go SWAT or not.

They were trying to be very careful once they confirmed where he was and that it was a residence, plus a very populated area (right by a park full of people, in a mobile home park, and right by the very crowded outlet mall) to NOT let it be known then and things were hushed without alerting as to WHY they were hushing thing.

Channel 10 was on scene through much of it - Jen Jensen was the first on scene and tweeting w/ pics at 7:30

The others didn't seem to catch it when it all started (or catch that it was related to the AA)

Once she tweeted it though, that was the end of the being able to keep it as quiet - but at least it had been late enough to not be on TV, which was the bigger concern, as they obviously didn't want it broadcast all over that they had started the whole SWAT process.

So then it became a twitter free for all with the other main ones (5 and 6 stayed out of it!)
    KFMB at 8
    KNSD tweeted it at 8:30

And I totally ignored KUSI b/c I don't count them.

So it was a weird one...

Media jumped on it well, IMO, but they actually located them in under an hour after it went AA here in San Diego. But then because of the situation, they couldn't cancel it, but didn't want people still looking, and also didn't want to tip-off that they'd located them plus were moving it into a SWAT situation.

And the freeway signs apparently were on long enough to get the crazy number of responses call wise - like I said, I've never seen that extent of public reaction to one.

Yet there was never the phone alert. Which was just...odd!