767 users online (96 members and 671 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MI - Connor Verkerke, 9, dies in playground stabbing, 12yo boy charged, 4 Aug 2014

A 9-year-old boy has died after being stabbed repeatedly by another child at a playground at a mobile home park in western Michigan, police said Tuesday.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/polic...ild-playground
    Help save the next girl http://www.helpsavethenextgirl.com/.
    (I am not a representative of the organization)

What happened to Robert Leroy Kovack?
    Who killed Heidi Childs and David Metzler?

Wow! As calm as the 12yr boy was, that's scary. Jmo

ciao

12 year old stabs to death 9 year old...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...layground.html

Witness Glen Stacy told the Press he was doing yard work when Jamarion approached him and asked to borrow his cell phone. Mr Stacy said he assumed the child was calling him mother. Instead the 12-year-old called cops and admitted to a brutal crime.

Mr Stacy says the boy told police: 'I want to die. I donít want to be on this earth anymore. Please pick me up.'

He says Jamarion told him that he lashed out because he had 'taken many pills' and nobody loved him.

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

He only became animated when police finally arrived - and didn't immediately arrest him. Mr Stacy said the first emergency personnel went to the playground to help the victim. This upset the boy.

'Hello. Iím right here. Youíre going the wrong way,' Jamarion shouted as officers arrived.

When police did finally come for him, he walked toward the cops with his hands out in front of him - showing he wanted to be handcuffed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz39gHGY2xe
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

This one is so heartbreaking all around...and bafflingly senseless...

It's been a rough couple of weeks here.

So sad

http://fox17online.com/2014/08/05/ne...e-over-arrest/

Neighbor of 12-year-old murder suspect says ‘no surprise’ over arrest

http://fox17online.com/2014/08/06/gr...-full-of-love/

“Any person that knew him, knew Connor, is suffering a big loss,” she said. “He was that type of child.” Nunemaker, who lives in Columbus, Ind., describes Connor as a leader, a charmer and ‘just a good kid’ who was the oldest of four great grandchildren in the family. She received the call from her daughter—Connor’s grandmother—about what happened Monday on the playground
    Connor was with his younger brother Cameron on the playground in the Pinebrooks Village mobile home park Monday when he was stabbed repeatedly in the back with a kitchen knife by 12-year-old Jamarion Lawhorn. In the moments following the terrifying ordeal, Connor had his brother by his side.

“He said to Cameron, ‘Cameron help me get back to the house,’ he said ‘I know I am dying and I want to give my Mom and Dad a kiss again before I die,’ Nunemaker said through tears. “That’s all he could think, I want to kiss Mom and Dad one more time before I die.”

He didn't know Conner before the attack and had joined the 9-year-old and two friends on the playground.

Suddenly, he pulled a knife out of the sand and stabbed Conner multiple times in the back, authorities say. Police aren't saying where Jamarion got the weapon.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz39gaGazsM

Scary kid.

I'm not sure I agree with them trying him as an adult. This case is so heartbreaking.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with them trying him as an adult. This case is so heartbreaking.
    I disagree with the concept of trying children as adults full stop . Whatever they may have done they're not adults, on point of fact, and should be treated correspondingly in whatever the appropriate way is for a child or young person who may well have committed a heinous crime. Particularly very young children who have committed extremely violent crime tend to be more psychologically underdeveloped compared to normal children, not less.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernovae View Post
    I disagree with the concept of trying children as adults full stop . Whatever they may have done they're not adults, on point of fact, and should be treated correspondingly in whatever the appropriate way is for a child or young person who may well have committed a heinous crime. Particularly very young children who have committed extremely violent crime tend to be more psychologically underdeveloped compared to normal children, not less.
    I think murdering someone by stabbing them in the back...with intent...requires far more than a "time out"

Omg, not another one......

What is going on with 12 yr olds stabbing other kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    I think murdering someone by stabbing them in the back...with intent...requires far more than a "time out"
    I didn't see anyone suggesting a time out.

12 year old stabs to death 9 year old...

Quote Originally Posted by Ausgirl View Post
    I didn't see anyone suggesting a time out.
    Me either.

But I love blended sentencing, especially if it includes intensive "treatment" by qualified professionals. If the child is still deemed a danger he/she can be moved over to adult prison
    Society needs to be protected, the kid gets a shot a rehabilitation and if that's not successful...further incarceration.

Win-win IMO
    Last edited by Linda7NJ; 08-07-2014 at 06:45 PM. Reason: gsgh

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast