745 users online (86 members and 659 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,991

    FL - Stanley Borofsky, 43, Fort Lauderdale, Nov 1977

    Stanley Borofsky called home a few day prior to Thanksgiving from Ft Lauderdale, Fl stating he would be coming home to Missouri. He never arrived. His daughter is now looking for answers and his profile is on NamUs:

    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/ca...se_information

    Stanley Borofsky is described:
    White Male
    43 years old
    69-73"
    165-185lbs
    Brown, Short, Wavy hair
    "Halo cast scars in cranium; previous fractures: 9 ribs, neck in 3 places, mouth had been crushed and rebuilt with metal bridge work; had been in a full body cast."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,991
    Although described as Hispanic, this male 50-65 years old, dark, curley hair, and "He had recent head trauma, fx of the hard palate, fx of left 6, and right 3.4.5.6.7.8.9 ribs This man had healed rib fractures of left 9. He had old fracture of the left lower jaw with the wire still present" He was found in Riverside, CA. April '89. Stanley Borofsky would have been 57 in 1989.

    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7125
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    21,541
    You calling this one in mom?
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

    WebSleuths Lingo thread.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

    We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.


    THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    You calling this one in mom?
    No, I just find the story sad for the daughter. Hope we could help solve the mystery.
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Houston Mom View Post
    No, I just find the story sad for the daughter. Hope we could help solve the mystery.
    Does someone need to call this in? I've never done one, but will try if it will help somebody!

    Right down to the Angel Flight pants (popular in the disco era when Stanley went missing)... UID range 1-10 years in '89, '77 would put it at 12 years, definitely within the margin of error.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,991
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkhd View Post
    Does someone need to call this in? I've never done one, but will try if it will help somebody!

    Right down to the Angel Flight pants (popular in the disco era when Stanley went missing)... UID range 1-10 years in '89, '77 would put it at 12 years, definitely within the margin of error.
    Everybody has a first time, you have my blessings. The coroner is at the following link for the UID. Interestingly, the above UID is not listed.

    http://www.riversidesheriff.org/coroner/unidentified/
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Houston Mom View Post
    Everybody has a first time, you have my blessings. The coroner is at the following link for the UID. Interestingly, the above UID is not listed.

    http://www.riversidesheriff.org/coroner/unidentified/
    Put a call into the coroner this afternoon (just left a voicemail for the caseworker)- will let you all know if I hear anything back!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Posts
    4,506
    When I first saw this thread, Aileen Wuonos immediately came to mind. The other best bet is that he just took off to fly home and crashed in some unfound place. The link says that he had no license and filed no flight plan but I wonder if he would file one if he had no pilot's license.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.


    Stan Reid

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,991
    Quote Originally Posted by STANDREID View Post
    When I first saw this thread, Aileen Wuonos immediately came to mind. The other best bet is that he just took off to fly home and crashed in some unfound place. The link says that he had no license and filed no flight plan but I wonder if he would file one if he had no pilot's license.
    Flying from Ft Lauderdale to Kansas City would involve flying over the Gulf of Mexico, Eh?
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    17,665
    If he owned several planes but never filed a flight plan in his own name, he was probably hiring pilots.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    59
    Wondering if he could have flown from Ft Lauderdale to the Tampa area and run into trouble there. Possibly whoever was piloting the plane?
    Build matches, facial structure, injuries, dentals.

    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21889

    also found this one. I suspect this is likely him

    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2492umfl.html
    Last edited by Coffee56; 06-13-2017 at 10:24 AM. Reason: found additional match



Similar Threads

  1. FL Amy L. Lovely (20) - Fort Lauderdale FL, 1992
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2010, 01:48 AM

Tags for this Thread