Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
teenslayingjpg-c80c4e26f272b133_large.jpg

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/08/alabama_news_links_11_years_la.html

[video=youtube;xinS0wn_Ca4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xinS0wn_Ca4[/video]

Thread #1

If anyone can think of any photographs or assistance I can give... let me know. I work in this area about once or twice a month. I have never heard of this case until recently. I know the area and I'm convinced they were too close to 231 to not make it home. Does anyone know if anyone at the party actually talked to them while they were lost?

Also... I must add that I don't feel the killer knew them. They were lost. Unless it was a complete coincidence that they ran into someone they knew 30 minutes from home. I think someone seized an opportunity of two young girls who probably asked them for more directions. They may have even said, "follow me and I can get you going in the right direction..." then pulled over and possibly pulled out the weapon. The biggest question I have is this. Did I read that the casing found at the abandoned house/shack is still at lab more than 10 years later? No results???

One more thing... and this may have been addressed. Does anyone feel like the bullet casing found on one of the bodies in the trunk may have been planted to mislead LE? Just a crazy theory... but let's say that a cop did it with a 9mm. It wouldn't be anything to pick up a random 9mm casing at a shooting range from a random unknown gun... keep it and drop it as "evidence". It just bothers me that someone would go to so much trouble to manage the transportation dilemma and carelessly leave a spent cartridge on the bodies. And any info on the alleged casing found somewhere else would be great!

Anyone feel like this is more than a coincidence? Occam's Razor theory here? I really really really like this guy for the crime. DNA or no DNA match.

Police Investigate Possible Link to Murder of Dothan Teens
http://www.wiregrass.com/ozark/news.html
Investigators are performing DNA testing on a work release
prisoner, after he admitted to murdering a Montgomery woman by beating
her and ditched her car last week in Ozark, at the same location on
Herring Ave. where the two Dothan teens were found murdered almost
three years ago.

Eugene Eutsey, a 24-year-old Barbour County man, was in a prison
work release program in Montgomery and was working on a cleaning crew
at Rave Motion Pictures, a movie theater on Vaughn Road in Montgomery,
early on the morning of May 1, 2002. The cleaning crew was being
supervised by 42-year-old Melva Johnston, who was reported missing at
the same time that Eutsey also went missing from the work site. Eutsey
was arrested by Enterprise Police at around 3:00 Saturday morning.
They said that he was riding a bicycle through downtown Enterprise.
After he was arrested, Eutsey eventually told police where Johnston's
body and car could be found. The missing woman's Pontiac Grand Am was
located on Herring Ave. in Ozark, while her body was found behind the
Rave Movie Theater in Montgomery.

Police say Eutsey probably wanted Johnston's car to escape from
his work release program. Eutsey confessed to the murder and he was
taken to the Montgomery County Jail without bond.

Eutsey is now a suspect in the murder of two Dothan teenagers almost
three years ago in Ozark. Ozark Police Chief Tony Spivey said Eutsey
has relatives and friends in Ozark and was known to visit the city
frequently around the time of the murders of Tracey Hawlett and J.B.
Beasley in the summer of 1999. Spivey also said there were some
similarities in the murders in Ozark and the Montgomery murder, which
weren't going to be released at this time. Ozark investigators
traveled to Montgomery last and questioned Eutsey. He denied any
knowledge of the Ozark murders but a DNA sample was sent to the lab to
be checked against DNA from the double murder. Eutsey is considered a
suspect until the DNA results come back, which will be in about four
to six weeks. So far, more than 100 people have been DNA tested in the
case without a match.

Eutsey's criminal record includes three felonies, with one of
them occuring while he was on a work-release job in Barbour County.
Eutsey allegedly stole a car in Feb. 2001 while in the work-release
program in Barbour County. Eutsey is serving a 15-year sentence for
theft, unlawful breaging and entering and burglary, and had only been
in prison for less than a year before being placed in the Montgomery
work-release program.

There is still a $45,000 reward being offered for information in the
Ozark murders.

Thanks for taking the time to read the thread Stitch. Do you know if Northview would have competed against Carrol high in football? I'm wondering with Tracie being a majorette and JB at one time a cheerleader would they have not been at least somewhat familiar with the location of the store seeing how its in close proximity to Carrol high? Another question if I may. We have multiple locations of where the party was supposed to be in the media through the years, did you ever hear where it was being held at that night?

1). Northview should have never played ozark. NHS is 6a and ozark is much smaller. However, don't take that as evidence that people from one schools wouldn't know the other. Especially 15 years ago. Small towns:)

2). I have no idea as the actual location of the party. I could ask around though.

easongt, the results of the 9mm casing were never released, as well as the results of the soil samples taken from the same area......JB called her friend (Janna) at the party for further directions from a payphone in Headland, Al, but she didn't get to speak with her , she spoke with her sister, she told her to tell Janna that she had something to tell her when she got there, after the phone call ended they spoke to another friend that was at the same store, after that they left the store, instead of going to Haleburg where the party was, they got lost and ended up in Ozark, at this point they are very close to missing curfew and that is when they decide they need to call Tracie's mother and let her know that they were lost and would probably be late, but they were on their way.

Thanks!

The fact that they were on JB's car(although that could be just a coincidence.) The semen only on JB. The only things missing from the car was JB's keys and, according to JB's sister on the FB page, a Red Sox hat that was given to her by her father. And the placement of the gunshot wound. It certainly appears that JB was the last one shot. Who knows how long the killer was alone with just JB. It's all circumstantial but, it's something to give thought too.

From the Justice for JB Beasley and Tracie Hawlett FB page:

New information from J.B. Beasley's sister:

"I spoke with my Dad a few minutes ago and informed him about this page. He isn't very Internet savvy so I filled him in a little. He mentioned something that I completely forgot about...He gave J.B. a Boston Red Sox hat that she kept in her car. J.B. visited my dad that afternoon of her birthday. Dad said the hat was still there. When police found J.B.'s vehicle the next day her keys, the gun, and the Boston Red Sox hat were missing. As small of a detail it is and as unimportant as it may seem... it speaks volumes to my Dad. It was a ball cap he purchased for J.B. at the ballgame they both went to in Boston together just a few weeks before her murder. Thought I would share this with everyone."

—Jacqui Burgoon

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

BBM

The gun?

J.B's?

1). Northview should have never played ozark. NHS is 6a and ozark is much smaller. However, don't take that as evidence that people from one schools wouldn't know the other. Especially 15 years ago. Small towns:)

2). I have no idea as the actual location of the party. I could ask around though.
Actually, up until about 1996ish Carroll and Northview did play. Dothan may be bigger than Ozark but Dothan also has 2 high schools. Where as all of Ozark goes to Carroll.

I attended DHS from 1999 to 2003. I just know that we never played Ozark and do not believe Ozark did either at that time. They were to be Seniors in 2000 so the earliest football season they'd have been a part of would have been the 1996-1997 school year. If that's the case that they still played each other in 1996, then they could have gone to games in Ozark. I don't know the protocol would have been for traveling there, however. For all "away" games, we rode buses. Seeing as Ozark was 20 minutes away I don't know if they have had everyone meet up there like they would have had it been at Rip Hewes Stadium. I know that even when we played Troy, we rode buses together as a group.

I lived in Dothan until I was 22 years old and if you dropped me in at night in Ozark, Headland, or any of those towns I could get EASILY, HORRIBLY lost. Me at 17/18 would have been hopeless. My sister lives in Headland and her husband is from there and I'd still get lost if I got off the main roads. It's a whole lot of open country.

Saying that, the more I think about this I think there's a huge hole in the case being why they drove the way they did, how they got that lost in that amount of time, and the timing dealing with curfews doesn't make a lot of sense. I think they were up to something/meeting someone/had some sort of plans that we don't know about that night. Especially since she told the sister that "she had something to tell her".

Three pigs in Headland was right on the square. It's a very ole timey looking and very small down town. Very cute. If I remember correctly, if you were driving to the square from 431 you'd arrive there with Three pigs on your immediate right hand side while looking at the square it self. I'm pretty sure it was on the corner. There was also a good Chinese restaurant that my friends and I would takeout from when staying in Headland. It was to the left of Three pigs.

20140710_080256.jpg20140710_080441.jpg20140710_080504.jpg
Here are a few pictures of the quick stop where they were last seen. These are current day (July 2014). I took Panoramic pictures. Notice the railroad tracks so close to the store. Also, you can clearly see the mother/daughter witness statements pertaining to the victims turning right and following the directions they were given is very believable. 231 is LESS than 2 miles from the quick stop. Interesting to note that the Police department is very close to both the location where the vehicle was found and where the quick stop is. No... I'm not necessarily convinced that the police were involved in anything other than incompetence. I was not aware that the vehicle location was actually very close to housing projects. Just curious... anyone familiar with whether that housing area was a place for teens to buy pot back in 99? Before anyone blasts me for that statement, I have no idea about whether these two girls would have ever considered using or buying pot or any other drug. I'm just trying to be objective. I am in the area often for work, even though I live 3 hours away. THIS CASE IS SOLVABLE!

Attachments

• 20140710_081046.jpg
    20140710_081046.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 20140710_080256.jpg
    20140710_080256.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 126
Nothing new here... just a map I threw together that helps show how close vehicle was found to the store. Also makes you wonder how they ended up the opposite direction from where they were seen leaving the quick stop.Ozark.jpg

Does anyone know if both girls were out of the vehicle at the quick stop? Do the mother/daughter witnesses remember? If so... there is a STRONG possibility someone might have crept into the vehicle in the backseat. It was dark... and plausible. Would explain why the vehicle was ditched so close to the area they were last seen. It solves the transportation issue. This means the killer(s) lived or was staying in the immediate area. I believe the killer knew the area well.

Does anyone know if both girls were out of the vehicle at the quick stop? Do the mother/daughter witnesses remember? If so... there is a STRONG possibility someone might have crept into the vehicle in the backseat. It was dark... and plausible. Would explain why the vehicle was ditched so close to the area they were last seen. It solves the transportation issue. This means the killer(s) lived or was staying in the immediate area. I believe the killer knew the area well.

Great theory. I don't believe we have ever discussed this.

Great theory. I don't believe we have ever discussed this.

It is an interesting theory... but doesn't hold water without knowing the position of the vehicles (witness vehicles included) and it is probably dependent on both victims being out of the vehicle. I know the witnesses most likely left after the victims or at least at the same time... since they said they saw the victims turn right. I wonder who was there first... the witnesses or the victims. Does anyone know where we can view the service station video? Thanks. (Also I am not getting a 'Thank' option to thank people for their posts or I would thank you guys for all the helpful info I've read) THANKS!

I wonder if there is something wrong about the witnesses' statement (the mother and daughter at Big/Little).

For example, the turn they said they saw the girls make... what if there was another similar car at the B/L and they saw THAT car make the turn? Or they didn't see the turn at all. Or misunderstood where the girls were trying to go.. or something..

Because the simplest explanation for them to wind up where they did is they were going to wrong way immediately after leaving the store.

easongt, I have always thought of this being a possibility also. I knew these girls and I have just never been able to figure out how the killer(s) got them to stop the car. I know they would have never stopped for a stranger, the only way those girls would stop is if it were someone that one of them knew, an authority figure (or someone posing as such) or if someone slipped into the car (might explain the smudge on the backseat) when they got out at the Big Little store. Both girls did get out of the car, Tracie was using the payphone to call her mother and J.B. was getting directions back to Dothan from the ladies at the store. Someone very well could have slipped into the car at that point and gained control of the girls. I am still kind of suspicious of the white truck in the video, what if there were two people in that truck...one slipped into J.B.'s car and the other person drove away in the truck and they met up at the murder site. I know the owner was eliminated through DNA, but what if the DNA has nothing to do with the murders, I hope this person was eliminated by other means as well and not exclusively through DNA.

easongt, I have always thought of this being a possibility also. I knew these girls and I have just never been able to figure out how the killer(s) got them to stop the car. I know they would have never stopped for a stranger, the only way those girls would stop is if it were someone that one of them knew, an authority figure (or someone posing as such) or if someone slipped into the car (might explain the smudge on the backseat) when they got out at the Big Little store. Both girls did get out of the car, Tracie was using the payphone to call her mother and J.B. was getting directions back to Dothan from the ladies at the store. Someone very well could have slipped into the car at that point and gained control of the girls. I am still kind of suspicious of the white truck in the video, what if there were two people in that truck...one slipped into J.B.'s car and the other person drove away in the truck and they met up at the murder site. I know the owner was eliminated through DNA, but what if the DNA has nothing to do with the murders, I hope this person was eliminated by other means as well and not exclusively through DNA.

The white truck also provided a very excellent screen/distraction to people who may have been there at the time. So, there might have been a person hanging around that was assumed to go with the white truck that had nothing to do with it. There are just a lot of ways someone stealthy could have gotten around the parking lot without being noticed.

It does seem as if someone would have needed to use a ploy in order to get J.B. to stop. But a simple ploy is to block the street somehow (even a truck sideways in the road can pretty much do it if the road is narrow). J.B. might try to just drive around it as best she could, but she would have to slow down and that might be enough.

I'm sorry that this happened to people you knew. I hope we are able to find justice for them soon.

Do people who knew J.B. and Tracie believe they were really trying to go to the party? I know there is a story that they'd run in to some friends at a prior place they stopped before the Big/Little so I wonder if maybe they heard about some other parties or whatever.

The white truck also provided a very excellent screen/distraction to people who may have been there at the time. So, there might have been a person hanging around that was assumed to go with the white truck that had nothing to do with it. There are just a lot of ways someone stealthy could have gotten around the parking lot without being noticed.

It does seem as if someone would have needed to use a ploy in order to get J.B. to stop. But a simple ploy is to block the street somehow (even a truck sideways in the road can pretty much do it if the road is narrow). J.B. might try to just drive around it as best she could, but she would have to slow down and that might be enough.

I'm sorry that this happened to people you knew. I hope we are able to find justice for them soon.

Do people who knew J.B. and Tracie believe they were really trying to go to the party? I know there is a story that they'd run in to some friends at a prior place they stopped before the Big/Little so I wonder if maybe they heard about some other parties or whatever.

BBM

There are several possibilities here and I have given a lot of thought about how the killer or killers got the girls to stop or gained control of them. J.B.'s license was found on the dash of her car. It was stated in more than one post that this was out of the ordinary for her. This has given rise to the police impersonator theory. Also, could they have picked up someone they knew that was walking and that person turned on them. Also, Mermaid630 presented a scenario that is certainly a possibility.

I believe they were planning to go to the party. J.B. had called the residence where the party was being held and told the sister of her friend that she had something to tell her when she arrived.

I would really like to see a fresh set of eyes from an experienced investigator take a look at this case and maybe shake things up a bit. Everything seems to be at a standstill.

I have also had a concern that the DNA found on J.B.'s undergarments may have been there from an earlier encounter with someone that was not the killer. I don't have any info to support that and I don't know if J.B. had a boyfriend at the time. But, should that be semen have come from a boyfriend, it could throw off the investigation.

All of the above are MHO only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member