GUILTY OK - Jeremey Lake, 19, fatally shot by off-duty Tulsa PD officer, 5 Aug 2014 *arrest*

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/two-tulsa-police-officers-arrested-murder-accessor/ngwdG/

According to an arrest report obtained by KRMG the incident happened in the 200 block of N. Maybelle Ave., just northwest of downtown Tulsa, about 10:16 p.m. Tuesday. The victim, Jeremy Lake, was walking with his girlfriend when a black 2007 Suburban drove up and stopped in the intersection.

Inside the car, police say, was the girlfriend's father, police officer Shannon James Kepler, 54. Lake approached the vehicle, the report states, at which time Kepler opened fire, striking Lake. It also indicates Kepler fired at his daughter as she ran away...

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news...tulsa-shooting-at-100-block-of-north-maybelle

A shooting near downtown Tulsa late Tuesday night left one man dead and a two Tulsa Police officers under arrest. 54-year-old Shannon Kepler, a 24-year veteran of the Tulsa Police force, turned himself in to police and is under arrest for first degree murder. His wife, Gina Kepler, also a Tulsa Police officer, was arrested for accessory to murder after the fact.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot... Can't wait to hear the back story on this one.

NDd77Kt.jpg
HbxjQaW.jpg

http://www.ktul.com/story/26209578/2-tulsa-police-officers-arrested-in-citys-latest-murder

Booking information indicates that Lake was the boyfriend of the Keplers' daughter. It says she and Lake were walking down the street when she noticed a black Chevy Suburban come to a stop nearby and recognized it as the vehicle her father, Shannon Kepler, drives.

She told police that Lake approached the SUV and told Kepler he was dating Kepler's daughter. The report states that's when Kepler shot Lake two or three times, then tried to shoot his daughter two or three times, missing her, before driving away.

Haven't found a pic of the victim yet.

Lisa is beautiful. I found her FB, but not sure about posting it.

No, don't post it. She's an innocent in all of this, as far as we know.

Thanks Okie. That's what I was thinking.

This is really odd. Something just doesn't sit right with me on this...not quite sure WHAT is off at this point, so I better just keep quiet for now. Hoping more information will be released on what transpired after the daughter walked away, leaving her boyfriend at the vehicle.

Yeah, I have a theory or two, but am waiting for more info to emerge.

regardless of what the BF may have said to dad when he approached the car, it didn't deserve this IMO.

If they really also shot at the daughter, whoa...

I really hope others come here to read this thread soon. At its face, this is truly WTF.

Video at link:

http://www.turnto23.com/news/daught...events-leading-up-to-boyfriends-murder_080614

Lisa Kepler told 2NEWS she met 19-year-old Jeremey Lake at a homeless shelter in downtown Tulsa. "My parents kicked me out a week ago," said Kepler...

"They're both police officers. I don't know what could have led them to do this. They didn't even know Jeremey," said Lisa Kepler.

Lake's aunt, Pam Wilkins, said her nephew planned to attend welding school and hoped to join the Army one day. "Jeremey was very well loved. He had a lot of compassion for the people on the streets," said Wilkins. "Jeremey didn't know a stranger and he was always there to do whatever he could."

Web Exclusive: Daughter Speaks After Cop Parents Accused of Shooting Boyfriend

http://www.ktul.com/clip/10445181/w...ter-cop-parents-accused-of-shooting-boyfriend

Strange interview. She said BF had a knife in pocket so he did have a weapon. Not sure how this will play out, but the inference in the TPD news release about domestic violence could be a clue:

Update: TPD Chief Chuck Jordan released the following statement about 1 p.m.

"Last night two Tulsa Police officers, Shannon Kepler and Gina Kepler, were arrested. Both have 24 years of experience with the Tulsa Police Department. This case, like all homicide investigations, leaves little information that can be released due to the ongoing investigation.

Shannon Kepler was booked into the Tulsa County jail for 1st Degree Murder and Shooting with Intent to Kill. Gina Kepler was booked for Accessory after the Fact.

I as well as the whole Department am saddened for both families involved in this tragic event. The circumstances around this incident drives home the fact that domestic violence is a societal problem and transcends all economic groups.

We as a department, honorably and objectively, continue to serve the citizens of Tulsa."

http://www.newson6.com/story/26209978/two-tulsa-police-officers-arrested-after-fatal-shooting

BBM

To sum it up IMO. The parents kicked the daughter out of the home the week before. Since she was homeless she went to a shelter where Mr. Lake volunteered. The daughter developed a relationship with Jeremey Lake and moved in with him and his family.
When the daughter was kicked out the parents probably thought she would come crawling home and do everything they wanted, instead she made a life with someone else. They didn't plan for that. Dad lost control.

I am completely bewildered by this. What the heck.......?

part of me says there has to be more to this story - there usually is. But then, what could there possibly be to get to this point? What were these PARENTS thinking? Were they parents, were they cops? What were they right then?... ugh, sad for this kid no matter what. just thinking aloud.

And the domestic violence comment is odd. Oddly placed in the article, with nothing to support it, and the parents didn't even know this kid. Makes one wonder just where this alleged "domestic violence" even comes into this story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back