1227 users online (245 members and 982 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    27,185

    FL woman buys goods with stolen card. Has photo to prove it.

    'Florida police are searching for a woman who purchased more than $430 in beauty supplies with a stolen credit card. She even posed for a picture holding the evidence.'

    The wallet, and card, were stolen from another shopper. When the clerk was suspicious that the woman couldn't produce other ID, he asked to take her picture. She agreed. Probably regretting it now her picture's all across the media.

    Here she is folks. (And is that a name tattooed across her neck?)

    http://www.jrn.com/ktnv/now-trending...270346091.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance


    Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disbelief. SC
    Posts
    12,075
    It should say "dumb criminal"
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disbelief. SC
    Posts
    12,075
    http://local21news.com/news/features...rd-11016.shtml

    "She spends a lot of money in here." Abdel Kaysem says the woman is a regular customer but grew suspicious after she showed a credit card but didn't have matching ID.

    "She kept saying you know me, you know me, and I said we know your face, we know that you come in here and you're friendly, but we don't know your name so I'm not gonna take your card without ID," said Kaysem.

    So, he asked to take her picture.

    "I thought that would scare her into saying I don't want this anymore but she you saw the picture she smiled for it," he said

    Officers have received numerous tips from the public after releasing a picture of a smiling woman posing with the card Monday.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,793
    I love stupid criminals. lol
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    my cosy corner
    Posts
    605
    They picked on an elderly woman, they are cowardly criminals and luckily now they are on borrowed time. Posing, smiling for the camera was one of the dumbest things she could do, but it will result in her being caught and hopfully her accomplice will be charged as well. They picked on a woman in her 70s, the pathetic cowards.
    Sorry mods, I know - no name-calling but they make me angry!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,342
    So I guess it's true.............a picture IS worth a thousand words!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,559
    Quote Originally Posted by zwiebel View Post
    'Florida police are searching for a woman who purchased more than $430 in beauty supplies with a stolen credit card. She even posed for a picture holding the evidence.'

    The wallet, and card, were stolen from another shopper. When the clerk was suspicious that the woman couldn't produce other ID, he asked to take her picture. She agreed. Probably regretting it now her picture's all across the media.

    Here she is folks. (And is that a name tattooed across her neck?)

    http://www.jrn.com/ktnv/now-trending...270346091.html
    In her defense, it appears she really needed the makeup.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    In her defense, it appears she really needed the makeup.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,559
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    What?! What'd I do?!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disbelief. SC
    Posts
    12,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    In her defense, it appears she really needed the makeup.
    I was thinking it, but waiting for someone else to say it
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    27,185
    The suspect has been identified and an arrest warrant issued:

    'Detective Mark Proco of the Ocala Police Department obtained the warrant for Mashana Michelle Harris, 26, for fraudulent use of a credit card and identity theft. The agency is actively working to learn Harris' whereabouts'

    The article also says that Harris's lawyer was told by his client she 'found the credit card in the parking lot'. And although police are still searching for her, the newspaper managed to get hold of her on the phone.

    Harris told the reporter it was the first she'd heard of an arrest warrant and she has the money to post bond anyhow.

    http://www.ocala.com/article/2014082...9905?p=1&tc=pg
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance


    Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    27,185
    Anyone with information as to Harris' whereabouts can call OPD at 369-7000 or Crime Stoppers at 368-STOP, text a tip to 274637 using keyword 368-STOP or visit www.ocalacrimestoppers.com.
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance


    Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disbelief. SC
    Posts
    12,075
    Quote Originally Posted by zwiebel View Post
    The suspect has been identified and an arrest warrant issued:

    'Detective Mark Proco of the Ocala Police Department obtained the warrant for Mashana Michelle Harris, 26, for fraudulent use of a credit card and identity theft. The agency is actively working to learn Harris' whereabouts'

    The article also says that Harris's lawyer was told by his client she 'found the credit card in the parking lot'. And although police are still searching for her, the newspaper managed to get hold of her on the phone.

    Harris told the reporter it was the first she'd heard of an arrest warrant and she has the money to post bond anyhow.

    http://www.ocala.com/article/2014082...9905?p=1&tc=pg
    I wonder who she stole the money from for the bond
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
    I wonder who she stole the money from for the bond
    She used a credit card.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,071
    Oh, Florida. You so crazy.
    “Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things.” -- Terry Pratchett

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-14-2013, 02:18 AM
  2. Women Hid Stolen Goods Under Body Fat
    By Tinsamd in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-04-2010, 08:17 PM