1004 users online (190 members and 814 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

OR - Jennifer Huston, 38, Dundee 24 July 2014 - #5

Jennifer Huston, 38, left her home last Thursday at 5:45 p.m., went to the Oregon First Community Credit Union in Newberg about three miles away and then to a nearby Circle K gas station on Portland Road. She has not been seen since.

Jennifer is 5'7" with blonde hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing black and pink Nike shoes and black yoga pants. She drives a dark green 1999 Lexus LX 470 with Oregon plates WXH 011. The SUV has a U-shaped crack in the windshield on the passenger side and a Yakima ski rack mounted on the roof.

Any tips or leads should be referred to the Newberg-Dundee Police Department by calling 503-537-1246.

MAP OF SEARCH AREAS

HOW TO USE SEARCH MAP

PREVIOUS THREADS
    Thread #1

Thread #2

Need help? In the U.S., call 1-800-273-8255 for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kimster; 08-12-2014 at 12:29 PM. Reason: added HOT LINE number

Latest News

Husband of missing Oregon woman Jennifer Huston passed polygraph

Missing Oregon mom Jennifer Huston stopped at a Rite Aid drug store in Newberg, Ore., and purchased Gatorade, trail mix and a package of over-the-counter sleeping pills ó a non-lethal dose ó before she disappeared last week, police said Tuesday night.

[snip]

Police said there remains no evidence of a crime in this investigation. Because police canít prove she is endangered, they said itís been difficult obtaining subpoenas related to the investigation.

http://q13fox.com/2014/07/29/police-...sed-polygraph/

The search for missing Dundee mom Jennifer Huston ended Tuesday, when her body was found on a remote property in Sheridan. On Wednesday, her death was ruled a suicide.

The tragic loss shocked the small community of Dundee. It also resonated with many moms who said the pressures of motherhood can be overwhelming.

KGW talked to working moms, stay-at-home moms and mothers of small children about the pressures they face.

Some say they are misunderstood.
    http://www.kgw.com/story/life/2014/0...hood/13702623/

Mental-health counselors say it’s human nature to try to make sense of horrific events that we don’t understand. People who appear completely content on the outside -- and even mothers of young children -- kill themselves, said two psychiatrists who spoke with The Oregonian. They added that they didn’t know Huston, and don’t have specific knowledge of her case.
    http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...who_didnt.html

Maybe she wasn't thinking about who would find her or when. Same with Leanne B.
    We will likely never know.

I know I would be thinking about that part...well in advance. I would not want to be found days or weeks later, however I end up going.

My husband works overnight shift, getting home at 4am, and falls asleep on the couch out front, while I am either in a small TV room in the back of house or in the bedroom. Depending upon now long he sleeps into the day, it is conceivable he would not be looking for me until as late as 5pm, when he would have to to get ready for work, eat, etc.
    If he found me deceased at that time, he might be in a fix explaining how he had not noticed for twelve hours.

Back to topic, Jennifer just may not have planned the discovery part. Or she assumed that private property would be checked by owners if not daily, frequently.

Jmo
    Just my opinion, of course.

IMO there is never any logical explanation to suicide EXCEPT for those that are suffering from terminal disease and in insufferable pain. Some might argue that untreated depression is like a terminal disease tho and the emotional pain is just as real.

Sad either way.

Hillside Fellowship Church Pastor Zach Elliott helped organize a prayer session at the church last week and said the situation is heartbreaking, especially for the two young boys, ages 6 and 2.

“Just as a person and as a dad, I can empathize up to a point, but there are no real words to express the grief that has probably surrounded the family today,” Elliott said. “I know from the Huston family, what they have said over and over, is just that they have appreciated the support and the love and the encouragement that they have felt from not only the community but the folks that were involved in searching — all of those people.”

He said anyone wishing to leave notes, cards or flowers for the family may do so at Hillside Fellowship or contact him at zach@beinghillside.com. Elliott said those items would be passed along to the family at an appropriate time.
    http://portlandtribune.com/pt/9-news...es-to-a-close-

I'm thinking perhaps she made purposeful choices that night in order to keep suspicion from falling on her husband. She went to the bank, Rite Aid, and the gas station -- all places where she'd be seen on camera with a time stamp. She then went to a location obscure enough & far enough away from home so that no one would think Kallen could have been involved, since he was at home with the boys. She obvsly didn't want family to find her, but chose someone's property so that she would be found eventually. Just a few thoughts...

For reference:

Quote Originally Posted by sgt809 View Post
    Hey slueths, I wanted to come back after some time had passed, and give you all some information that may help you in other cases.
    1. Jennifer was found 42 miles from her home, the exact calculated distance when we figured she would run out of gas. The truck was out of gas.
    2. Jennifer appears to have taken her life the first day she was missing, probably before I even made it off work.
    3. Jennifer was not in the truck, but some distance from it on foot. Jennifer had left a second note, and although I have not seen it yet (nor do I intend to) the Sheriff said it was similar to the first.
    4. The truck was indeed in a location I could not have reached in my sedan. She was found by mountain bikers who were biking the remote backwoods of the area. Usually this is a better traveled road, but due to the extreme heat during these weeks, few people dared to traverse this part of the country during the hot days. I do believe her intentions were to be found quickly, by adults, but not by me.
    5. It does not appear there was any outside help or collaberation. She had in her possession exactly what I knew about.

I do think, as one member mentioned, that she began the planning weeks in advance, hence the extra effort on her part to have a great few weeks before she passed. It must have been that much of a relief to her to know she would soon finally be at peace, that she could be happier in life for a short time.

I have been fighting anger and sorrow for the last few months. I do know that the suicide cycle has stopped with me. I will start to dedicate more of my time to suicide prevention, and teaching folks how to recognize more than the traditional signs of suicidal ideation. I have made a decision to move forward with my life, with Jenn always in my heart. I am too young to lay down and give up on life.

I have sprinkled Jenns ashes with her late husband at Tahoe, as requested by her. I have packed all but some special items up, and given it to the family. I have one box, pictures and memories of Jenn. No amount of time will ever erase her from my heart and mind. Her family is moving out of the area, and out of state.

My boys and I are now concentrating on LIVING...and learning from this experience. I will give some advice to my fellow members on these type of situations; and hope to participate in the forum if needed/wanted:

1. Please, if the spouse of a missing person comes in here looking for help, give them great latitude to vent. Often, forums have misinformation, something which is very frustrating for the person left behind. When I first came to this forum, I was so angry I was in tears. I was grateful that the mods got a hold of me, calmed me down, and helped me be constructive in getting the information out.

2. READ ALL THE POSTS related to a case. There were quite a few posts where the same questions were repeatedly asked; I will note that this happened most often with folks that only posted once or twice, not the regular posters.

3. Keep in mind that the most obvious answer is usually the right one. Conspiracy theories abounded when I first came here (and they still do, believe it or not) My advice would be to listen to the gut of the person left behind, and use their feeling to concentrate the search area. Had the police listened to me, we would have found Jenn a lot quicker.

4. A lot of you did this here, which was awesome; but make calls for the person left behind. If you find a resource, call it and see if you can at least prime the resource for the person left behind. During the time she was missing, I was gettin up to 85 calls per day...these calls were from friends, family, and tipsters. I barely had time to eat, sleep and take care of two boys, let alone call potential resources during business hours.

5. Encourage the person left behind to take a day to do nothing but cry. Two days before she was found, the wind was knocked out of me. I think I had finally come to terms with the fact that my angel was gone. At the urging of friends, I took a day to do nothing but eat, sleep and cry. It was hard, but refreshing, and helped prepare me for that fateful knock at the door.

6. Make sure the person has a "buddy" system. There needs to be someone, anyone, who can either call or come to the house the minute they get news about their loved one. I will elaborate on this below. Someone who can be called at 2 in the morning if needed, and just talk, listen, and if possible, give a big hug.

The night I got the news about Jenn was like a nightmare. I was typing a post for this site on my computer, when I decided to go out for a cigarette. As I stood up I noticed a Sheriff car pass by. My heart stopped for a second, but the car continued down the road. I walked out the back door to smoke when something told me to go back inside. As I walked in the kitchen I heard a knock at the door. I immediately knew.

I went to the door, and this poor deputy was just a kid. His eyes were red, he had obviosuly been crying. He asked if he could come in to talk. I have made these notifications in my line of work before, so I interrupted him. I said "Is she okay?" The deputies shoulders sagged, and he just shook his head "no." I thanked him for his service and time. He suggested I call the investigator. I closed the door and collapsed to the floor. I stumbled to the garage, lit what would be the first cigarette out of two packs of cigarettes, and called the investigator. He was on scene, and to make a long story short, he assured me she did not suffer, and the death likely occured before I even got the note, so there was nothing I could have done. The ME report confirmed this later. He asked if he should make the calls to her family. I told him no, thanked him, and started making the calls. I spent the next 6 hours on the phone with every friend and family member who cared for Jenn. It was only through my prior knowledge that I knew how to arrange for the cremation and transportation of Jenn back home. Most people have no idea what to do after a loved on dies. Having burried 8 friends over the last 10 years, 6 of them in the last 3 years, I knew the routine. It took me four days to have my complete breakdown because I was so busy. Her family was not capable of helping mentally, physically or financially(long story) so I was left dealing with everything by myself. i posted the service on Facebook if anyone cares to look at it.

The reason I wanted you to know that is because I want you to know that the story is far from over after the person is found. Once someone is found, the person left behind often loses all the support they once enjoyed from friends, family, and even sites like this. In my small town, baseless rumors have started that I somehow was responsible. I know this is normal, because I watched Jenn deal with it too. It is very painful to hear, and angers me greatly. I also know it will blow over in time.

I know my story is the same as many others, and I only hope it is learned from. Thank you again for all your help and support, and keep up the great work. I only hope I will have the strength to one day come back and help also.
    Found Deceased CA - Jennifer Evert, 34 - Crescent City - 21 May 2013 - Page 11 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

OT: Janise Wright's boy found ... check her thread.

Has anyone seen this article? It's says that Jennifer died by hanging. http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...e_mom_die.html

Quote Originally Posted by Aud1 View Post
    I'm thinking perhaps she made purposeful choices that night in order to keep suspicion from falling on her husband. She went to the bank, Rite Aid, and the gas station -- all places where she'd be seen on camera with a time stamp. She then went to a location obscure enough & far enough away from home so that no one would think Kallen could have been involved, since he was at home with the boys. She obvsly didn't want family to find her, but chose someone's property so that she would be found eventually. Just a few thoughts...
    I agree. She would know enough being a homicide detective's daughter what happens when I spouse goes missing and ends up deceased. I bet she only took out 20 dollars just to get herself on camera. I think she topped off her tank because she did not know how long it might take to find the spot. She took a lot of precautions, I think. I think she chose someone's property, obviously seeing that driveway wasn't used much, because a public place is too risky. She drove in enough to see where it would lead; then she turned around and came back just far enough so she would not be seen by someone driving by, and under enough canopy to not be spotted. I think she might also have been looking for a tree, and she found the woman's cedar grove.

Wow, the Jennifer Everett case sounds so similar.

Explains why the woman land owner was so upset and made the comment about planting the cedars...

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Diana View Post
    OT: Janise Wright's boy found ... check her thread.
    OT: Jenise Wright's body was found near the trailer park where she lived. Police briefing at 4:00 PDT.
    Poor baby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t-2014-2/page6
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast