1410 users online (247 members and 1163 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeSuspect View Post
    I'm glad to hear all is well with CP, but why no news about the other driver?
    Neither the hospital nor his family would speak to the media?

"cannot feel his legs"... is carl permanently paralyzed now?
    *** THIS POST IS JMO (unless a link is provided) AND IS ONLY FOR USE ON WEBSLEUTHS -- PLEASE DO NOT LINK OR COPY IT ELSEWHERE ***

Quote Originally Posted by redheadedgal View Post
    "cannot feel his legs"... is carl permanently paralyzed now?
    They may not know yet. If there is spinal cord damage, it is possible. I hope not.
    "I'm sorry; if you were right, I would agree with you." - Robin Williams as Dr. Sayer in "Awakenings."

*** THIS POST IS JMO (unless a link is provided) AND IS ONLY FOR USE ON WEBSLEUTHS -- PLEASE DO NOT LINK OR COPY IT ELSEWHERE ***

STELLENBOSCH, South Africa (AP) — Oscar Pistorius’ brother is recovering and has been discharged from a hospital intensive care unit after suffering internal injuries in a car crash and going into respiratory failure, a spokeswoman for the Pistorius family said Tuesday.

Carl Pistorius has made “a miraculous recovery” after the head-on collision on a highway in northern South Africa on Aug. 1, spokeswoman Anneliese Burgess said in a statement.

The family released details of some of Carl’s injuries for the first time, saying he sustained lacerations to his heart and liver and went into respiratory failure. He also reportedly suffered multiple fractures. He was discharged from the ICU unit late last week, Burgess said, about two weeks after the accident.

Carl Pistorius, the older brother of double-amputee Olympian Oscar Pistorius, is expected to remain in the hospital in the South African capital, Pretoria, for around two more weeks for more surgery, Burgess said. He will then “proceed to a rehab facility to regain mobility,” she said.

South African media reported that Carl Pistorius, 29, also suffered fractures to an arm, a leg and an injury to his hip in the crash, although the family has not given details of those injuries. The head-on crash happened at night when another vehicle swerved onto Carl’s side of the highway. He was returning to Pretoria from a business trip to the northern city of Polokwane, his family said.

http://www.*************.com/n3/9021...-murder-trial/

Carl Pistorius's recovery process appears to be moving along a little faster now. He is posting quite a bit on his twitter account the past few days. Including several pictures of his leg that sustained the most damage.

Here is picture of him looking much happier, in a wheel chair on his way to the "gym" (rehab workout most likely, although maybe he is back at home or his Uncle's).

Link: https://mobile.twitter.com/carlpisto...719618/photo/1

(Still unable to locate any updates on the other injured driver). So odd. You would think the media would delve into this and have something, anything on the status of this other injured individual.

Quote Originally Posted by 4MrsB View Post
    Carl Pistorius's recovery process appears to be moving along a little faster now. He is posting quite a bit on his twitter account the past few days. Including several pictures of his leg that sustained the most damage.

Here is picture of him looking much happier, in a wheel chair on his way to the "gym" (rehab workout most likely, although maybe he is back at home or his Uncle's).
    i believe he is still in the hospital. an article from the 22nd said possibly another 2 weeks there then rehab...

Quote Originally Posted by 4MrsB View Post

Link: https://mobile.twitter.com/carlpisto...719618/photo/1

(Still unable to locate any updates on the other injured driver). So odd. You would think the media would delve into this and have something, anything on the status of this other injured individual.
    Which part of his damaged body will he train up, this poor young man?

Fascinating.

With all his praise-the-lord platitudes, hospital injury photos and Bible-tweets, Carl makes NO mention of the other driver.

Not one single prayer-tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lux et Veritas View Post
    Fascinating.

With all his praise-the-lord platitudes, hospital injury photos and Bible-tweets, Carl makes NO mention of the other driver.

Not one single prayer-tweet.
    Says a lot about the Pistorius family attitudes - me, me, me.

I was just looking at Carl's Tweets. He has posted some photos of his injured leg...says he almost had to have it amputated. From the photos, I can believe that. Wow.

I would have brought the photos over here, but am unable to diwnload the images from Twitter to upload them here, at least not from my ipad.

I, and one other tweeter, tweeted back to him about the other driver, but so far there has been no response.
    "I'm sorry; if you were right, I would agree with you." - Robin Williams as Dr. Sayer in "Awakenings."

Twitter

One of CP's injuries:

CPLeg.jpg

Don't able to minimize the pic to an "acceptable" format, sorry.

Thank you FG,

Quote Originally Posted by FromGermany View Post
    Twitter

One of CP's injuries:

Photo removed to save space.

Don't able to minimize the pic to an "acceptable" format, sorry.
    That is pretty grim. I wonder if he is waiting for a skin graft.

Another pic. from twitter.

BwUAEB_IcAEvUit.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast