821 users online (163 members and 658 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FromGermany View Post
    Twitter

One of CP's injuries:

Don't able to minimize the pic to an "acceptable" format, sorry.

It's fine FG, seen so much worse than that. Just pulling your leg, sorry for the leg pun.

Quote Originally Posted by Interested Bystander View Post
    That is pretty grim. I wonder if he is waiting for a skin graft.
    Yes, he tweeted that he was.
    "I'm sorry; if you were right, I would agree with you." - Robin Williams as Dr. Sayer in "Awakenings."

For the person who asked about where they would start in rehabbing Carl, the first thing they would want to do is direct attention to his knee and leg function. Non-use of the knee joints and the leg muscles causes them to deteriorate rather quickly, so they would want to exercise them to maintain motion in the knee joints and to maintain/increase strength in the leg muscles.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeSuspect View Post
    Another pic. from twitter.

Attachment 58449
    That's another neat bit of stitching. It looks as though he had some nasty injuries. I think the lacerations to the heart and liver should heal with no long term after effects.

^^ i don't believe those stitches are actual accident related... he said he had compartment syndrome... on grey's anatomy they've used this plot before... it involves cutting the skin to allow the fluid/blood to drain to try to save the limb after massive swelling: http://www.webmd.com/pain-management...ses-treatments
    *** THIS POST IS JMO (unless a link is provided) AND IS ONLY FOR USE ON WEBSLEUTHS -- PLEASE DO NOT LINK OR COPY IT ELSEWHERE ***

Quote Originally Posted by redheadedgal View Post
    ^^ i don't believe those stitches are actual accident related... he said he had compartment syndrome... on grey's anatomy they've used this plot before... it involves cutting the skin to allow the fluid/blood to drain to try to save the limb after massive swelling: http://www.webmd.com/pain-management...ses-treatments
    Yes, I believe it's from the surgery - opening up the leg to let the blood drain and to remove any tissue inside that was harmed from the build up of blood under the skin. I have 2 different friends who experienced this trauma to a leg, and the other friend to an arm. (Different accidents)

If the blood doesn't drain it creates bacteria. The bacteria from the idle pool of blood under the skin is what does all the damage - from the inside, working it's way to the outside (could eventually even lose part of a limb if neglected) - as the bacteria from the blood destroys tissue if not drained. Very common when a limb has been bruised very deeply. Both my friends have an unsightly scar, but have regained full use of their arm/leg after outpatient therapy and several surgeries. The surgeries check to make sure there isn't more blood draining and to graft more skin as needed on the outside - if it was damaged (as skin from previous graft treatments eventually die and new skin must replace it until your own skin grows back). Lengthy process. Surgeries are usually outpatient & short.

Sorry to sound so unpleasant. Friends recently experienced this and thought I would share their experience with dealing with this.

Carl Pistorius @carlpistorius • Sep 16

Truly blessed! Walked 4 the first time since my accident, a long way 4m my death bed 5 weeks ago! #countmyblessings pic.

https://twitter.com/carlpistorius

He's using crutches but at least he's mobile again. One very lucky man.

I think this is probably old news and probably normal in an accident.

http://citizen.co.za/224002/carl-pis...rged-accident/

Brigadier Hangwani Mulaudzi said police were awaiting a decision from the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) on which of the two drivers would be charged.
    Last edited by Interested Bystander; 09-22-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Neil Robinson ‏@Nezunitedroad 21. Sep.

@carlpistorius Nevermind all this preaching you just concentrate on keeping to the speed limit " #speedkills

bbm

Quote Originally Posted by Interested Bystander View Post
    I think this is probably old news and probably normal in an accident.

http://citizen.co.za/224002/carl-pis...rged-accident/

Brigadier Hangwani Mulaudzi said police were awaiting a decision from the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) on which of the two drivers would be charged.
    BBM Translated: "As soon as uncle Carl makes payment, we will announce that the other driver will be charged."

Sorry to be so bitter, but it seems the fix is always in for these people.

We need an emoticon for :disgusted:
    Last edited by kittychi; 09-24-2014 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Clarity
    "I'm sorry; if you were right, I would agree with you." - Robin Williams as Dr. Sayer in "Awakenings."

Carl is looking like his brother (on Twitter):

CarlTw.jpg

CarlTw.jpg
    That's an interesting eye mask Pistorius is sporting there .. bit like what he did to Reeva's head

Quote Originally Posted by kittychi View Post
    BBM Translated: "As soon as uncle Carl makes payment, we will announce that the other driver will be charged."

Sorry to be so bitter, but it seems the fix is always in for these people.

We need an emoticon for :disgusted:
    I agree, is there anything Uncle Arnold can't do for them? He's like their fairy godmother, makes everything unpleasant just 'go away'. Pathetic.

He does, they're merging into one. ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by jay-jay View Post
    That's an interesting eye mask Pistorius is sporting there .. bit like what he did to Reeva's head
    Well spotted jj, you know what, I wouldn't be surprised if he bought it or given it for some perverse reason. Sickos.

Oscar Pistorius News: Older Brother Carl To Be Formally Charged For Reckless Driving

http://www.ibtimes.com/oscar-pistori...riving-1779252

Hi, guys! I just ran across this update on Carl.

Anyone know or be willing to speculate about the reasons Carl would have been unwilling to / refuse to give a statement to the police?
    You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelMustard View Post
    Oscar Pistorius News: Older Brother Carl To Be Formally Charged For Reckless Driving

http://www.ibtimes.com/oscar-pistori...riving-1779252

Hi, guys! I just ran across this update on Carl.

Anyone know or be willing to speculate about the reasons Carl would have been unwilling to / refuse to give a statement to the police?
    The reason is obvious IMO…

"You have the right to remain silent… If you choose to waive that right, everything you say can and will be used against you"

Whether one is being arrested or not, Police officers are NOT there to help you… they "protect and serve" the public/society not individuals per se… as it turns out, the best way to serve society might be to prosecute you (even if you did nothing wrong)

If one cooperates with police by making statements before having consulted with an attorney, one must realize those police officers will be writing reports a few hours to a few days after you made your statement and eventually be called to testify for the State perhaps 1 year or more after the incident.

… even the most honest police officer can make mistakes, misunderstand, misconstrue statements, etc… just as any other witness can… OR possibly bend reality to corroborate other statements, help investigators, etc…

There is NO personal advantage whatsoever in volunteering information of any kind… remaining silent may avoid you criminal charges, may offer you leverage in a plea bargain, may offer you greater flexibility in possible Defence strategies, may avoid you a guilty verdict or may even avoid you a possible civil suit…. may be denied insurance claim, etc...

On a side note… the worst possible time to be talking to police is right after an accident : you are hurt, in shock, stressed, etc…

Therefore, the real question is why would anyone be willing to volunteer a statement to police in those circumstances ?
    Last edited by AJ_DS; 01-11-2015 at 02:41 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast