Was Patsy a good mother

dingo

Former Member
Reaction score
If this subject has been disscused before,which im sure it has,excuse me for wanting to over it again.Patsy has no idea when her daughter was last bathed,she has no idea what her daughter had eaten christmas day,she wasnt even sure what her daughter was dressed in that day.Poor little JBRS last day on earth and her mum cant recall much at all:(

I believe with what I know about this case Patsy hasnt told all she knows but that is jmo.

In her defense shock can make people unsure, somedays I wouldnt take much notice of what my children wear, I see them not what they wear if that makes sense:crazy:

Also if the food was plentiful then you might not be sure what one person ate. Now the bathing is a different matter, that I can not explain.

dingo said:
If this subject has been disscused before,which im sure it has,excuse me for wanting to over it again.Patsy has no idea when her daughter was last bathed,she has no idea what her daughter had eaten christmas day,she wasnt even sure what her daughter was dressed in that day.Poor little JBRS last day on earth and her mum cant recall much at all:(

dingo said:

dingo,

In my opinion Patsy is a good mother, but when it comes to the Ramsey coverup she is also a good liar. The hundreds of "I don't remembers" are performances. Patsy remembers only what she wants to remember.

The Ramseys have been caught in enough barefaced lies during the investigation to prove they are not credible witnesses and nothing they say should be taken at face value.

One would think that if the family wanted to help the investigation they would have talked those issues through, made notes, timelines, etc during the months they avoided interviews. They should have been racking their minds for details to help out from day one. Instead they used the delay to justify forgetting a lot of information. I have had to testify in several cases (civil) and it is fundamental to go over and over timelines and events to be able to tell the truth when asked. Why they would not is a factor not to their advantage.

When all is said and done,what have the Ramseys done to find justice for JBR ,with all there so called wealth they have done nothing except protect theirselves.

In my opinion, Patsy was a fair nanny and coach to JonBenet, but a good mother? I see no proof of it. Yes, Patsy was devoted to JonBenet's pageant career and her various activities, but I have read every single available word of character testimony from Patsy's friends and family, and not a syllable of it ever says that these people witnessed Patsy simply interacting with each other as loving mother and daughter. Patsy took JonBenet to the doctor? So would a coach with a valued athlete. Patsy fed JonBenet? So did Pasta Jay every week when the family dined at his restaurant. But has anybody said they often saw Patsy playing with dolls with JonBenet, or getting down on the ground and tickling each other just to make themselves laugh, or learning how to play hopscotch or play catch? No, nobody has said they saw this.

Would you like to hear one of the saddest things about Patsy's lack of mothering instincts? One of her friends has described how she (the friend) took JonBenet and her own daughter to a movie and the children sat on her lap during a scary scene in Snow White. The friend described how, when she heard JonBenet had been killed, her memory went back to that moment, and how she remembered the warmth and weight of JonBenet's body cuddled on her lap. It is a black mark against Patsy that she has never described JonBenet in those terms, as her own child whose warmth and scent and laughter she misses beyond all other losses in her life. No, what does Patsy miss? She misses dressing her daughter up like a doll and watching her be judged by other adult men and women for profit. That should not be a real mother's most precious memories of her dead child.

I just don't think it's fair to judge Patsy Ramsey's mothering or love for her daughter. You do not have to parent "perfectly" in order to LOVE your child. If that were the case NO parent would "love" their children because we all make mistakes and no parent is perfect.
Patsy may have been misguided in her ambitions for JonBenet - but I would not equate that to not loving her.
True, the pageant life she pushed JonBenet into (with the help of her pushy mother Nedra) was really motivated more by Patsy's desires and ambitions than her daughter's. No matter how much she tries to convince herself and the world otherwise. She was re-living her OWN past through her daughter. But I don't think it amounts to "bad mothering" or not loving JonBenet on the whole.

On the other hand, if there were things going on in the Ramsey household like sexual abuse that was minimized or ignored - then that would be a different story. But at this point all we have is speculation on that.

why_nutt said:
In my opinion, Patsy was a fair nanny and coach to JonBenet, but a good mother? I see no proof of it. Yes, Patsy was devoted to JonBenet's pageant career and her various activities, but I have read every single available word of character testimony from Patsy's friends and family, and not a syllable of it ever says that these people witnessed Patsy simply interacting with each other as loving mother and daughter. Patsy took JonBenet to the doctor? So would a coach with a valued athlete. Patsy fed JonBenet? So did Pasta Jay every week when the family dined at his restaurant. But has anybody said they often saw Patsy playing with dolls with JonBenet, or getting down on the ground and tickling each other just to make themselves laugh, or learning how to play hopscotch or play catch? No, nobody has said they saw this.

Would you like to hear one of the saddest things about Patsy's lack of mothering instincts? One of her friends has described how she (the friend) took JonBenet and her own daughter to a movie and the children sat on her lap during a scary scene in Snow White. The friend described how, when she heard JonBenet had been killed, her memory went back to that moment, and how she remembered the warmth and weight of JonBenet's body cuddled on her lap. It is a black mark against Patsy that she has never described JonBenet in those terms, as her own child whose warmth and scent and laughter she misses beyond all other losses in her life. No, what does Patsy miss? She misses dressing her daughter up like a doll and watching her be judged by other adult men and women for profit. That should not be a real mother's most precious memories of her dead child.

Excellent post WhyNutt! Patsy said that she "loves Burke but misses JonBenet...besides Burke does not want to dress up and bake cookies."

I don't doubt Patsy loved her daughter. Unfortunately, she looked upon her daughter as a commodity...grooming her for the big pageant.

The videos that Patsy bought JonBenet are to me, very telling. All of the Shirley Temple movies...a Shirley Temple who wore short-short dresses and danced and sang with men. Remember the good ship lollipop song on the airplane? ALL MEN! She also watched Pam and Patsy's Miss America videos in her bedroom.

"Their" favorite song was "Wherever we go, whatever we do"....

JonBenet's life was not her own but Patsy's.

Excellent post Why Nutt,Patsy may have given JBR material things in life but not the important things.To love your child is easy,to be a good mother is a different story.I have no doubt Patsy loved little Jonnie B,maybe even loved her to death:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back