Found Deceased VA - Harry Womack, 70, Prince George, 10 June 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
lKbzhNn.jpg

http://wtvr.com/2014/06/16/70-year-old-man-vanishes-in-prince-george/

Harry Lee Womack was last seen Tuesday, June 10 at his home in the Red Hill Trailer Park.

Womack suffers from seizures and also has dementia, so his family is worried about his safety.

http://wtvr.com/2014/08/07/harry-womack-still-missing/

It’s been almost two month since the 70-year-old went missing after relatives discovered his mobile home was unlocked. They also said his cellphone and backpack that he took everywhere were inside his home.

Karen Myrick, who has spent nearly every day walking and driving the area near where her uncle lived, said her search has been fruitless.

“I’d like some closure, I’ve called the hospitals, and I keep calling them,” Myrick said. “I even called the Medical Examiner’s Office last week and nothing... If he’s not alive, I’d still love to find him, so that we could bury him.”

Bumping for Harry and his family. I don't see any resolution for this one as of an April 2016 post on FB.

JAN 3, 2020
Family ‘prays’ remains found in Prince George woods are missing Vietnam veteran
The family of a Vietnam veteran who vanished more than five years ago is hopeful human remains discovered in Prince George County on New Year’s Day are those of their missing loved one.

Family members spent June and July of 2014 searching the area around where Harry Lee Womack lived in Prince George after the front door of his mobile home was found left open.

[...]

The family is now holding out hope as the investigation into the unidentified remains continues less than a mile from the mobile home park where Womack lived.

trailercourtjune2014.jpeg

The mobile home park where Harry Lee Womack lived.

The Vietnam veteran, who was last seen in June of 2014, was well-known in the community because he walked everywhere.

[...]

Three days after the remains were discovered, crews were still searching the woods Friday afternoon.

"We're combing the area and trying to look through a scattered area,” Capt. Michael Taber with Prince George County Police said. “The bones are scattered through a large area.”

[...]

pgsearch.jpeg

Crews search the woods.

[...]

"You know, actually it kind of felt like a relief, like hey, we're going to get some, finally some closure here, if it's him,” WC said. “But if not, you know, hope the next family gets closure."

If you have any information about Harry Lee Womack, call Crime Solvers at 804-733-2777.

Wow, after all this time. It's such a remote location, not much foot or car traffic. It's right near a sand pit/stone quarry that I frequent for work. I hope it's him so his family finally has some closure.

JAN 8, 2020
Family 'Prays' Remains Found in Virginia Woods Are Vietnam Veteran Missing for Years

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back