Shannan Gilbert ...what if?

LINative13

Reaction score
What if we never knew SG ran away from JBs house? what if the police just found her ? What would you think the circumstances surrounding her death?

Would it be a doubtless decision that you would say she was murdered?

Would you think she is definitely a victim if LISK?

All questions aside.....if her family hadn't made such a ruckus...LISK??? who???...Shannan who?...and unfortunately her remains being found would have barely made a mention in any paper

Native as you have made this thread...I am interested if you can share any information on what OP is like during the months of June and July - your impressions of heightened activity. Who is out and about during these months in that area. What is normal to see in the area during these months. Are there markets-special events- outsiders with a reason to be there during these months.....what is the general vibe in the area in these months. Are locals engaged in any particular events during these months - clean ups??....roadside cleaning...anything you can think of special to that area in those months???

What if we never knew SG ran away from JBs house? what if the police just found her ? What would you think the circumstances surrounding her death?

That's a damned good question, LIN. I don't have a well reasoned answer right now. I'm going to step back and think on this.

That's a very good question.

Here's my "what if".

When they found the first body, Melissa, they thought it was Shannan. What if it was actually Shannan found in the same conditions just as she was found later.

That's a great question. If the GB4 were found and then Shannon was randomly found nearby in nearly impenetrable brush, then yeah, I'd think it was LISK. Especially considering all the similarities between the victims.

That's a great question. If the GB4 were found and then Shannon was randomly found nearby in nearly impenetrable brush, then yeah, I'd think it was LISK. Especially considering all the similarities between the victims.

I bet for every similarity you list, I can list a dissimilarity. You go first. ;)

I know I would probably be leaning more towards LISK than I am now.

Right now I think she's just a tragic case of bad decisions.

Shannan a tragic case of bad decisions? I strongly disagree. I think Shannan was smart to be fearful of Pak, Brewer and even Colletti. I Wouldn't trust any of them at all if my life was in danger. If I had seen whatever Shannan saw and came to the realization I was going to be murdered...I would run like all hell...Bang on every neighbors door...I would not stop and go inside Coletti's house...he's brewer's neighbor and could have been calling him instead of the police....Shannan was smart, she called the police, alerted all the neighbors she could. She was in survival mode and still the neighbors and the police just let her be murdered

Shannan a tragic case of bad decisions? I strongly disagree. I think Shannan was smart to be fearful of Pak, Brewer and even Colletti. I Wouldn't trust any of them at all if my life was in danger. If I had seen whatever Shannan saw and came to the realization I was going to be murdered...I would run like all hell...Bang on every neighbors door...I would not stop and go inside Coletti's house...he's brewer's neighbor and could have been calling him instead of the police....Shannan was smart, she called the police, alerted all the neighbors she could. She was in survival mode and still the neighbors and the police just let her be murdered

BBM

I wouldn't say GC and the other neighbors let her get murdered. That's quite a strong label to put on them, IMO; and it's not really fair.

I've no doubt she was afraid of Pak and Brewer, but why would she bang on neighbors' doors if she was fearful of the neighbors? If I was fearful of someone, I wouldn't go up to their house. MOO.

HUH? She was walking/running aimlessly, knocking on doors asking for help but she didn't know from what. Why do you need to imagine her seeing something that made her think she was going to be killed to turn her actions into smart, rational actions? She ran off from at least two people who wanted to help her, and somehow what she did was smart? Maybe you could also explain how the police and neighbors just let her be murdered.

BBM

I wouldn't say GC and the other neighbors let her get murdered. That's quite a strong label to put on them, IMO; and it's not really fair.

I've no doubt she was afraid of Pak and Brewer, but why would she bang on neighbors' doors if she was fearful of the neighbors? If I was fearful of someone, I wouldn't go up to their house. MOO.
If they were trying to kill me inside a gated community, I would run and bang on as many doors as I could while getting as far away as I could. I would try to wake up as many households up as possible to get them to look outside and be a witness to the people trying to kill me.

HUH? She was walking/running aimlessly, knocking on doors asking for help but she didn't know from what. Why do you need to imagine her seeing something that made her think she was going to be killed to turn her actions into smart, rational actions? She ran off from at least two people who wanted to help her, and somehow what she did was smart? Maybe you could also explain how the police and neighbors just let her be murdered.

BS she wasn't walking running aimlessly. She was trying to hide from her attackers while alerting as many neighbors as she could, prolly because she was smart enough to realize the average Long Island resident wouldn't help her

If they were trying to kill me inside a gated community, I would run and bang on as many doors as I could while getting as far away as I could. I would try to wake up as many households up as possible to get them to look outside and be a witness to the people trying to kill me.

The problem here is there was nobody out there to kill her, only MP looking for her.

BS she wasn't walking running aimlessly. She was trying to hide from her attackers while alerting as many neighbors as she could, prolly because she was smart enough to realize the average Long Island resident wouldn't help her
If she was truly trying to alert as many people as possible, why did she knock on only two doors of the twenty she passed?

Knock it off in here! If you don't like what you read, either respectfully disagree or go do something else.

If she was truly trying to alert as many people as possible, why did she knock on only two doors of the twenty she passed?

I was just going to ask how many doors she approached, and just saw your post. Thank you for this. It sounds like she encountered numerous houses on her run. Did the other person answer their door? I only know of GC.

That is very interesting to think about. It kind of hinges on GC informing MP that he had called the police. Recall that MP replied, "you shouldn't have done that". Once MP knew that the police were involved/aware and on their way, it changed the whole scenario for him. Shannan's own actions are what kept her disappearance from being one of many routine missing person stories.

Otherwise, maybe someday a highway crew discovers the badly decomposed body of a female sitting against a tree off OP. Anyone would assume she had gotten there from the direction of OP. Would anyone even think to search deeper into the brambles and perhaps discover her belongings? Not likely. Would LE even enter OB and question residents? Not likely. No dismemberment, no blunt force trauma, no wood shavings. But, rather curiously, a metal jaw. And, lo and behold, just such a person is in the missing persons database.............

I bet for every similarity you list, I can list a dissimilarity. You go first. ;)

Well of course the differences would always outweigh the similarities! ;-) But if the bodies were discovered the way LInative13 posed, then I'd definitely assume that she was one victim who managed to get away.

That is very interesting to think about. It kind of hinges on GC informing MP that he had called the police. Recall that MP replied, "you shouldn't have done that". Once MP knew that the police were involved/aware and on their way, it changed the whole scenario for him. Shannan's own actions are what kept her disappearance from being one of many routine missing person stories.

That statement from MP always bothered me, too.

But it doesn't make sense that Shannon would trust him on the way out to LI, and then suddenly not trust him a couple of hours later. To me, that means that EITHER MP and JB were working together to threaten her, OR she was in a drug-induced paranoid state. IMO, the latter makes more sense.

I will address some of Lohans highly rational comments:
-yes SG made a lot of bad decisions. She was a drug using prostitute who ended up dead. I'm sorry but good decisions do not end like this. It's a shame the poor girl is dead. I wish she would have gotten help instead of a post death lawsuit.
-you would not trust GC but you would stop at his house anyway? That's not smart. Why wouldn't you just avoid GCs house because he would just call JB like younsaid? Turned out he was calling the cops and I bet if she would have stayed there she would have survived that evening.
-The OB community and police let her get murdered? I'm sorry, but its not a fact she was murdered. I know people tat live in that community and people who are SCPD who are great people and have done some great things for other people. Allowing people to get murdered is not one of them. Who do you know in scpd or ob that you are basing this statement on? Probably no one...that's a very prejudice statement.
-she wasn't smart enough to realize the average LI citizen wouldn't help her but smart enough to realize she was about to get murdered and started strategically alerting neighbors while at the same time stealthily hiding? Wow just wow. Such inconsistencies and straight up BS you write.

I'm an average LI citizen. My friends are average citizens too. While none of us would allow a 100lb little girl get murdered by a 120 lb pip squeak, I'm not sure how many of us would allow a drugged up stranger in our homes at 5am while our wives, girlfriends, or children slept. Most of us would do the smart thing which is to say "stay right here, I'm calling the police." When the pimp shows up in the SUV, well circumstances will guide the rest of those decisions. I can say allowing someone to get murdered on my front porch would not be one of them.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie
Back