WARNING: THREAD CONTAINS GRAPHIC CONTENT

Certificate of Probable Cause, Kitsap County Superior Court

HVPowTM.jpg

LINK

Jenise Wright's death ruled a homicide
by KING 5 News and Associated Press
Posted on August 8, 2014 at 11:30 AM - Updated today at 5:11 PM
The latest developments in the case of Jenise Wright:

Kitsap County coroner has positively identified the child's body found in Bremerton as six-year-old Jenise Wright.
An autopsy has determined the manner of death as homicide.
Law enforcement are asking people living in the area to recall if they saw anyone wearing muddy clothes recently. Those residents are asked to call the FBI tipline at 1-800-CALL-FBI or 911.

Sheriff: Suspect in death of 6-year-old Washington girl likely was covered in mud
Aug. 8, 2014 | 6:26 p.m. EDT
By PHUONG LE, Associated Press

SEATTLE (AP) — The person who might be responsible for a 6-year-old Washington girl's death would have been "covered in mud" afterward, and authorities on Friday asked the public to report anyone who fit that description over the weekend.
Jenise Wright search ends in tragedy
Published August 07, 2014
Associated Press

SEATTLE – A four-day search for a missing Washington girl who vanished from her home over the weekend came to a tragic end Thursday, as authorities said they believe they have found the body of 6-year-old Jenise Wright.
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Media Thread

There was an arrest of a 17 year old male. At this time is remains unnamed and not publicly sleuthable. The first hearing is scheduled for Monday, August 11, 2014. If he is named AND charged as an adult, he will be sleuthable at that time.

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members or others that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members or others cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.
Please remember the rules, they can be found here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

Thanks,
Cat

Didn't someone here say yesterday that the suspects mother ran a daycare at one time?
If that's the case, the lawsuits might be flying.

No! That post wasn't about HIS mother. It was a member sharing a personal story that happened in their life and that perp had a mother that ran a daycare out of the home.

***NOTE to all: Perps mom DID NOT run a daycare out of the home.

^ ^ ^ ^ just adding this so misinformation does not get carried through the thread

Maybe he'd get an offer of 25 years with parole instead of life? And maybe with the heinous nature of the crime, no plea will be offered.

Nothing is ever official until the judge is involved...

Totally possible. Look at OJ Simpson, huge judgment in favor of the victims even though it was a not guilty verdict.
Not Guilty was OJ's criminal verdict. The civil verdict was Guilty of violating their civil rights. The burden of proof is much lower in civil court, plus they had the pictures of the Bruno Magli shoes, which I don't think made it into the criminal trial.

I don't understand why LE does not release the suspects name. They towed 3 cars from his house, they were there all night, and they arrested him at home. Does that not count as releasing his name? jmo

It's just against the law. Part of the reason Websleuths TOS are strict on it. Thy could get in
legal trouble.

His identity will be published tomorrow or soon after anyhow. And then we will have a lot to say to one another on here. That's for sure.

I would hope that the perp's parents are not obliged to pay for his defense. Even though he's living at home, would he be eligible for a public defender or is there a means test that his parents would have to meet?

If his parents have money they must pay for his defense.

thank you.....

hopefully the W family can sue for wrongful death .... even without a conviction ((hope they start that process soon)) JMHO

There is no use suing before a criminal case has concluded because the defendant can refuse to testify.

But are you suggesting the teen with no assets be sued or his parents, who may have no liability at all?

I searched the thread and this was the only reference I found to "daycare":

I may have missed it though. I'm sure someone will chime in if I'm wrong (one of my fellow WSers or our beloved locals).

Awaiting the official statement from LE - and abiding by TOS - is an exercise in (im)patience. *takes deep breath*

#JusticeForJenise

It won't be long at all.

Now, I am so curious about when this tragic killing happened. I cannot see him taking her out into that field during daylight. So did it happen Saturday night?

someone asked in the previous thread....

I believe his hearing is set for 3 pm

Now, I am so curious about when this tragic killing happened. I cannot see him taking her out into that field during daylight. So did it happen Saturday night?

I know, most teens sleep in very late during summer break. JMO

Thank you Lovejac, I already thanked Kimi for finding the quote and clearing that up.
I asked in the form of a question, not in the form of spreading misinformation.

I think the crime happened Saturday night and she was left in the woods Saturday night. I don't think anyone saw her alive Sunday. JMO and hunch, not reported facts.

OBE, hi friend!!! You posted about life for minors on the last thread. I did get it kind of wrong so let me clarify. There are two, recent SC cases re punishment for minors. One says no death penalty for anyone who committed the crime when under 18.

The second says no mandatory LWOP for minors. That means they have to consider mitigators before imposing LWOP.
http://www.youthlaw.org/juvenile_ju...bans_mandatory_life_without_parole_for_youth/

I was was wrong because I stated they can never be sentenced to LW the possibility of parole, just life. But they can!

Does anyone know if the court hearing will be televised? I doubt it since they can't even release his name but I'm not sure...

Since 'kidnapping' has not been included yet in the charges, I doubt he stole her out of her bedroom on Saturday night.

That leaves a couple scenarios. She never made it home Saturday night, and was with him at the time, or she snuck out after bedtime and met up with him, or she went out on Sunday and ran into him then.

(RSBM)

Bringing over the OP in which a WSer posted about an in-home daycare. This was clarified at the end of thread #5, but I thought it would be a good idea to post it onto the thread (with a link):

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10842499

Originally posted by: perfectingpink

I just do not know how to feel personally about this guys family. As far as these people being a lovely family...you just do not know what goes on behind closed doors. In my family members case, his family was thought of the same way (well, by people who interacted with them on a surface level; the mother even had a daycare in her home for most of his childhood). You just can't know. MOO!

It's just against the law. Part of the reason Websleuths TOS are strict on it. Thy could get in
legal trouble.

His identity will be published tomorrow or soon after anyhow. And then we will have a lot to say to one another on here. That's for sure.

If his parents have money they must pay for his defense.

There is no use suing before a criminal case has concluded because the defendant can refuse to testify.

But are you suggesting the teen with no assets be sued or his parents, who may have no liability at all?

It won't be long at all.

Since the family lives in a trailer park, it seems unlikely they have a mass of wealth stashed somewhere - enough to pay for a murder trial lawyer. He'll be 18 before any legal bills mount up - surely the parents aren't required to pay for a lawyer for their adult son?

Thank you Lovejac, I already thanked Kimi for finding the quote and clearing that up.
I asked in the form of a question, not in the form of spreading misinformation.

Oh, I know you didn't :blowkiss:

When threads move so fast a lot of times misinformation gets carried foward as fact through NO fault of the original poster at all.

I don't want you to think I was blaming you for simply asking a question. :loveyou:

snipped by me

If the crime was committed in their vehicle and/or house by their son wouldn't it be covered under their liability insurance?? Wouldn't his actions be covered under their policies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie