Thread: WARNING for WS Members: Please Read!

WARNING for WS Members: Please Read!

Tricia asked me to post this for her.

Dear Websleuths Members,

I would like to remind you of a few good rules to remember when you are dealing on the Internet.

If someone you have dealt with on the forum contacts you and asks for money, a place to stay, a plane ticket or anything of that nature be vary wary. Even if this person is someone you feel comfortable with please stop and think before you do anything.

If someone contacts you and says they are with a well respected organization please check first before you become involved. Ask them for the name of the head of the organization and the number.

It's just good common sense not to let anyone in your home that you don't know extremely well and have met before in a public place.

If you do decide to become involved with anyone you met on Websleuths please remember, Websleuths is not responsible. We can't help you if a member you have chosen to help turns out to be someone completely different.

If anyone of our members contact you privately for money or such please let me know. I don't take kindly to people using Websleuths to solicit funds.

Finally, please, for me....post like crazy, have fun, tell all your friends, and keep on making Websleuths rock like you do.

Take care,
    Tricia
    Welcome to the World Baby Caleb!!!

sound advice and well taken! I have been contacted only by people on email but always in support of my sister and niece's case, and I cant be prouder of the community here! I would love to have tricia at my side in the battle, LOL! I would also like to know, Tricia, if you are ever in Texas, let me know as I will assemble my family and host a party in your honor for ALL that you do for all of us! I even want to nominate you as HOMETOWN HERO on CNN, for the recognition you deserve! I hope you feel safe to come to my house, LOL!!!!!!!

3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to aisha hashmi For This Useful Post:

I am immune to scam. It is daily occurrence here in AAustralia. We have a (DO NOT CALL REGISTER) and if you are registered then by law they're not to call but it does not work because the calls keep coming. They advise that you have won money or the government has over taxed you and you are entitled to all this money. Thenyou are advised that to get the money you have send them a money order for processing via western union. So many people fall for it and send them the money and never hear from them again. Then there are the emails wanting your bank details. I don't trust anyone these days. We alsohave Romania coming into Australia and putting contraptrions on A.T.M.'s and getting your bank info and draining your bank accounts. I donate to my selected charities and that is it.

Please excuse typos am on a tablet and it has it's own vocabulary.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marg from Oz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Marg from Oz View Post
    I am immune to scam. It is daily occurrence here in AAustralia. We have a (DO NOT CALL REGISTER) and if you are registered then by law they're not to call but it does not work because the calls keep coming. They advise that you have won money or the government has over taxed you and you are entitled to all this money. Thenyou are advised that to get the money you have send them a money order for processing via western union. So many people fall for it and send them the money and never hear from them again. Then there are the emails wanting your bank details. I don't trust anyone these days. We alsohave Romania coming into Australia and putting contraptrions on A.T.M.'s and getting your bank info and draining your bank accounts. I donate to my selected charities and that is it.

Please excuse typos am on a tablet and it has it's own vocabulary.
    The US also has a DO NOT CALL registry, and it's worthless. The scammers have found a way around it by using fake numbers to call people. So it's an everyday thing around here.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sophiebelle For This Useful Post: