788 users online (113 members and 675 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!

MO - Grief and protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown

The fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager Saturday by a police officer in a St. Louis suburb came after a struggle for the officer’s gun, police officials said Sunday, in an explanation that met with outrage and skepticism in the largely African-American community.The killing of the youth, Michael Brown, 18, ignited protests on Saturday and Sunday in Ferguson, Mo., a working-class suburb of about 20,000 residents. Hundreds of people gathered at the scene of the shooting to question the police and to light candles for Mr. Brown, who was planning to begin college classes on Monday.
    Mr. Brown’s stepfather, Louis Head, held a cardboard sign that said, “Ferguson police just executed my unarmed son.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/11/us...e-for-gun.html
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!

Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!
    Multiple investigations underway in Ferguson shooting

FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOV.com) – Tensions are high in Ferguson, Missouri and a large police presence is on hand after a teenager was shot to death by a police officer.
    The St. Louis County Police Department held a press conference Sunday morning where they stated Brown was shot “more than just a couple of times” by a 6-year member of the Ferguson Police department.
    The incident happened in a roadway Saturday afternoon near the Canfield Green Apartments in the 2900 block of Canfield.
    Witnesses tell News 4 that Mike Brown, 18, was unarmed and had his hands in the air when he was shot multiple times by a Ferguson police officer

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Heavy...270609091.html

I thought this would be more of a hot topic on WS! Anybody else following this?

There should be a full investigation by the FBI into the shooting of the man by the police officer and justice served (whatever the outcome). I also think every vandal and looter should be prosecuted to the fullest extent. There is no reason for people to behave the way they are by destroying public and private property and beating people unconscious.

http://abcnews.go.com/us/vandalism-l...ry?id=24923516

BayouBelle_LA - your link took me to a blog about a missing teenager!

Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    BayouBelle_LA - your link took me to a blog about a missing teenager!
    Sorry, I fixed the link.

Thanks!

I found this story and it's the first I've read of a physical struggle in which the cop was pushed into his squad car.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...6a3_story.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    I thought this would be more of a hot topic on WS! Anybody else following this?
    I did too!! I couldn't fall asleep last night, so I logged in to search for the thread about it and when I couldn't find one, I figured I was just overly tired and wasn't searching correctly. Glad to see one has been started though. What a sad situation all the way around. I just read that over 30 people have been arrested and that the FBI will be stepping in to investigate the death.

I'm happy to hear the FBI will investigate. I hope they can get to the bottom of it.

Nothing burns me more then these criminals using this 18yr olds name as a reason to loot. Nothing at all gives them the right to ruin someone else's belongings and basically blame it on Michael Brown's death especially when they had nothing to do with his death. Sorry no dice with me. I bet the majority have absolutely no clue why they are out there they just heard from someone who heard from someone. I have a "friend" ( rethinking that title this moment ) that was applauding this type of behavior last night. When I asked her what the riot was for she said cop killed a black teen. I asked for more info and she said she did not know the full story but she knew enough to say they are right in doing this.

Those that are being respectful and trying to get this case looked at are not being heard. They are being over powered by those that have no clue why they are out there other then shout, break and steal.

That's what I feel about this too. People are using his death as justification for more violence and looting. I would be livid if I were his family.

FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOV.com) – “Anonymous,” a group of “Hacktivists,” hacked the City of Ferguson’s website Sunday night.
    According to officials, none of the city’s e-mails were working Monday morning. Anticipating a problem, the mayor of Ferguson had the IT Department take down all personal information from the site on Saturday

http://www.kmov.com/special-coverage...270706191.html

Autopsy released yet?

CNN reported earlier this afternoon - that the coroner's report would be released later today.
    Has it been? I can't find a link.

nope, and they are saying that police officers name will be released tomorrow afternoon

Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast