MO - Grief and protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_Dolphin308

We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some
Reaction score
The fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager Saturday by a police officer in a St. Louis suburb came after a struggle for the officer’s gun, police officials said Sunday, in an explanation that met with outrage and skepticism in the largely African-American community.The killing of the youth, Michael Brown, 18, ignited protests on Saturday and Sunday in Ferguson, Mo., a working-class suburb of about 20,000 residents. Hundreds of people gathered at the scene of the shooting to question the police and to light candles for Mr. Brown, who was planning to begin college classes on Monday.
Mr. Brown’s stepfather, Louis Head, held a cardboard sign that said, “Ferguson police just executed my unarmed son.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/11/us/police-say-mike-brown-was-killed-after-struggle-for-gun.html

[h=1]Multiple investigations underway in Ferguson shooting[/h]
FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOV.com) – Tensions are high in Ferguson, Missouri and a large police presence is on hand after a teenager was shot to death by a police officer.
The St. Louis County Police Department held a press conference Sunday morning where they stated Brown was shot “more than just a couple of times” by a 6-year member of the Ferguson Police department.
The incident happened in a roadway Saturday afternoon near the Canfield Green Apartments in the 2900 block of Canfield.
Witnesses tell News 4 that Mike Brown, 18, was unarmed and had his hands in the air when he was shot multiple times by a Ferguson police officer

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Heavy-police-presence--270609091.html

I thought this would be more of a hot topic on WS! Anybody else following this?

BayouBelle_LA - your link took me to a blog about a missing teenager!

I thought this would be more of a hot topic on WS! Anybody else following this?

I did too!! I couldn't fall asleep last night, so I logged in to search for the thread about it and when I couldn't find one, I figured I was just overly tired and wasn't searching correctly. Glad to see one has been started though. What a sad situation all the way around. I just read that over 30 people have been arrested and that the FBI will be stepping in to investigate the death.

I'm happy to hear the FBI will investigate. I hope they can get to the bottom of it.

Nothing burns me more then these criminals using this 18yr olds name as a reason to loot. Nothing at all gives them the right to ruin someone else's belongings and basically blame it on Michael Brown's death especially when they had nothing to do with his death. Sorry no dice with me. I bet the majority have absolutely no clue why they are out there they just heard from someone who heard from someone. I have a "friend" ( rethinking that title this moment ) that was applauding this type of behavior last night. When I asked her what the riot was for she said cop killed a black teen. I asked for more info and she said she did not know the full story but she knew enough to say they are right in doing this.

Those that are being respectful and trying to get this case looked at are not being heard. They are being over powered by those that have no clue why they are out there other then shout, break and steal.

That's what I feel about this too. People are using his death as justification for more violence and looting. I would be livid if I were his family.

FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOV.com) – “Anonymous,” a group of “Hacktivists,” hacked the City of Ferguson’s website Sunday night.
According to officials, none of the city’s e-mails were working Monday morning. Anticipating a problem, the mayor of Ferguson had the IT Department take down all personal information from the site on Saturday

http://www.kmov.com/special-coverag...er-attacks-against-Ferguson-PD-270706191.html

CNN reported earlier this afternoon - that the coroner's report would be released later today.
Has it been? I can't find a link.

nope, and they are saying that police officers name will be released tomorrow afternoon

if there was a physical altercation the officer will almost surely be covered on the initial shot/s with "i felt him going for my gun".

the description from witnesses of the officer continuing to fire some amount of time later will be harder to defend, if there is more than one witness claiming to have seen the victim with his hands in the air, going to the ground, and the officer still shoots... i guess the amount of time that passes in between shots will be critical. if it is short enough he can claim it is his training to fire until the threat is eliminated, and he just might be covered on those shots too.

all complete speculation of course as there are very little facts right now. if no charges are filed that city is going to erupt tho. :(

things are getting heated in ferguson again tonight, riot police back out.

they just showed a riot cop on CNN saying (presumably to protesters, couldnt tell) "all you f'n animals bring it! i dont give a f."

he may have a meeting with his supervisor in his future...

Won't it be tough to find credible witnesses at this point? I would imagine plenty of people might come forward and claim to have seen the incident go down.

I just hope no more blood is shed over this. I fear what could happen when the LEO's name is released :/

its just a damn shame that all this started over jaywalking, heard his parents on the news talking about how much he was looking forward to college (would have started today) how proud they were of him for getting thru high school, and how much his little brother looked up to him... what a waste, over nothing.

Won't it be tough to find credible witnesses at this point? I would imagine plenty of people might come forward and claim to have seen the incident go down.

I just hope no more blood is shed over this. I fear what could happen when the LEO's name is released :/

i keep hoping that somehow video will turn up from a nearby store or something, wishful thinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lee k