Workers forget to tell owner about $1.2m gold they found in home

zwiebel

Reaction score
The owner of an old house in Normandy, France, jokingly told renovation workers he brought in: 'If you find anything, tell me!'.

They did. And they didn't.

However, they foolishly forgot about the French tax authorities, who noticed one worker depositing very large, unaccounted for cash in his bank accounts. Questioned, the workers confessed they had found gold bullion and coins hidden in jars in 1924-27, estimated to be worth more than €900,000 ($1.2 million), inside the house.

I have a feeling a previous owner - or relatives - may suddenly materialize now. One thing's for certain though; the French taxman will make sure he gets his share!

http://www.thelocal.fr/20140811/french-builders-treasure

I am really, really pleased the law caught up with them, and the coin collector who was prepared to try help them get away with it.

TRADESMEN REALLY DON'T LIKE PEOPLE (HOME-OWNERS) STANDING OVER THEM WATCHING THEM WORK.

THEY LIKE TO BE ABLE TO WORK UNHINDERED AND GET ON WITH THE JOB.........LOOK WHAT THESE THREE DID!!!!!

It makes it an absolute necessity to stand over tradesmen and watch everything they do, if you can't trust them you just have to watch every thing they do!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back