WARNING: THREAD CONTAINS GRAPHIC CONTENT

Certificate of Probable Cause, Kitsap County Superior Court

HVPowTM.jpg

LINK

Jenise Wright's death ruled a homicide
by KING 5 News and Associated Press
Posted on August 8, 2014 at 11:30 AM - Updated today at 5:11 PM
The latest developments in the case of Jenise Wright:

Kitsap County coroner has positively identified the child's body found in Bremerton as six-year-old Jenise Wright.
An autopsy has determined the manner of death as homicide.
Law enforcement are asking people living in the area to recall if they saw anyone wearing muddy clothes recently. Those residents are asked to call the FBI tipline at 1-800-CALL-FBI or 911.

Sheriff: Suspect in death of 6-year-old Washington girl likely was covered in mud
Aug. 8, 2014 | 6:26 p.m. EDT
By PHUONG LE, Associated Press

SEATTLE (AP) — The person who might be responsible for a 6-year-old Washington girl's death would have been "covered in mud" afterward, and authorities on Friday asked the public to report anyone who fit that description over the weekend.
Jenise Wright search ends in tragedy
Published August 07, 2014
Associated Press

SEATTLE – A four-day search for a missing Washington girl who vanished from her home over the weekend came to a tragic end Thursday, as authorities said they believe they have found the body of 6-year-old Jenise Wright.
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6

Media Thread

The father of Jenise Wright and his past is off limits. You've been warned over and over about this subject. Timeouts begin from this point on.

:modstop:

Do not tell other members how to post. Use the alert feature if there are questionable posts. If you don't want to use the alert feature and instead want to tell others what do post - or respond to those who tell others what to post - you will end up on the outside looking in without warning.

As for the graphic nature of this crime - please use links for facts and warn that your discussion may be considered graphic. Be as discrete as possible with your posts please. This IS a crime forum and details about the crime may be discussed, but using finesse at the same time will help your fellow posters deal with the horrific details.

This thread will be opening soon. Please be sure you realize that this is a very upsetting case about the murder of a precious little girl. :tears:

Jamie Tompkins ‏@JamieQ13FOX 57m
Mom/neighbor just told me she confronted Gabriel Gaeta two yrs ago -told him to stay away from her 11 yr old daughter #Q13FOX #JeniseWright

So the arrest wasn't a shock to everyone, I guess.

Mom/neighbor just told me she confronted Gabriel Gaeta two yrs ago -told him to stay away from her 11 yr old daughter #Q13FOX #JeniseWright

Oh wow :(

Gitana,

Kevin McCarty ‏@KevinKIRO7 · 7m
Kitsap Prosecutor says 17 y.o. accused of killing Jenise Wright will be charged with Murder 1 and Rape of a Child 1. To be tried as an adult

Earlier, we found out his appearance would be in Superior Court due to the seriousness of his crime then this reporters tweet. hth

Here you go... Court appearance has not happened yet..answers below...

Thanks my friends. You guys are so cool.

I may not be quite right on this figure, but were there 1,000,000 hits a month on the internet for child *advertiser censored*?

Were people making all of these videos of their own children and others to have on the net?

Do people say that we should watch for the *advertiser censored* to show up on the offender's electronics?

Yup. I know there were no electronics a few years back.

There is no way that crimes against children have not increased.

They really haven't. I'm fact, they've gone down in general. The internet is just a new method.

Trends In Child Victimization

There have been some fascinating and encouraging developments in child victimization that have not received much publicity and run counter to popular perception. Certain types of abuse and crimes against children have been declining since the early 1990s.
From 1990 to 2007, substantiated cases of child sexual abuse have declined 53% and physical abuse substantiations have declined 52%. Child neglect has declined only 6%, mostly fluctuating over the same period.
From 1993 to 2005, sexual assaults on teenagers decreased by 52%. The subgroup of assaults by known persons decreased even more dramatically.
Other crimes against children 12 to 17 years old have also declined:
Aggravated assault down 69%
Simple assault down 59%
Robbery down 62%
Larceny down 54%
http://unh.edu/ccrc/Trends/index.html

That's heartbreaking. Poor family.

LWOP is possible for a juvie, depends on the state, our wonderful Gitana was talking about it last night I believe.

eta: what was outlawed was mandatory LWOP as a sentence guideline I believe (imo imo imo)

Exactly.

I am always shocked at abuse. I taught school for 30 years.

I know the child abuse laws were made by the Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

There is still the remnants of the idea of children as possessions.

I was surprised to see the posting by gitana that incest is not the same level as sex abuse.

Remnants of children as possessions,

Also the idea that children are resilient.

It just comes out later in anorexia, or alcohol or drug abuse, violence, depression, cutting, risky behavior. What else?

We may not have so much child labor here, but children are commodities to have things sold to them via ads or used to line the pockets of those that create text books and tests in schools.

Someday more and more of us will look upon children as real live people .

Excellent post. But one clarification. I didn't say that incest is classified as less serious than sexual assault. It's just a different crime. It can include two consenting adult siblings, having sex, depending on the statute. Or, it can be effectuated via rape or other sexual assault of a child, and both crimes can be charged as a result of one, heinous act.

You're fast and thorough.

Ive been reading many posts about this kid as well as various
Social media. I must say that nothing I've seen gives me the slightest indication that he is other than a normal teen. Not a hint to me indicating he would be capable of such horror.

Ppl who commit these heinous crimes can be anyone. Ted Bundy was a law student, highly intelligent......ppl just can snap

Ted Bundy was far from normal and he didn't just snap. He was being raised as mother's sister and tortured animals. He developed his psychopathic serial killing desires over time. It appears.

Off topic- I'm so depressed about the Robin Williams news. Grew up with him beginning with Mork and Mindy. One of my best friends is a comedian and struggles with depression. Comedians are the most tragic of all artists, IMO.

Not knowing the details/context... It may just be that the mom was uncomfortable about an older boy being around her daughter, not necessarily something specifically about him.

I guess it isn't uncommon for this to happen between people who know each other. But it makes me question so much why he chose now to do this to Jenise. It doesn't seem like it was planned at all...at all. I'd love to know what happened to his aunt, what was going on in his life etc. And that isn't to find an "excuse" to why he did it..just an excuse for the timing.

" A search of his home allegedly uncovered clothes belonging to Wright, as well as muddy clothes of his own."

http://q13fox.com/2014/08/11/deputies-17-year-old-raped-murdered-girl-buried-her-in-3-feet-of-mud/

As far as I can tell, the probable cause affidavit only lists clothes belonging to Gaeta found in his home, while clothes belonging to Jenise were found near the location of her body.
See last paragraph here for the description of the clothes found at Gaeta's home (sorry I can't copy/paste the part of this PDF document on my ipad)
https://tribkcpq.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/gaeta_gabriel_141007866_prelim.pdf

Last thread flew so fast so not sure if this was posted.

Gabe now shows on Kitsap Co. Jail bookings. Haven't found him on WA. Vinelink yet. Some states inmates aren't on Vinelink until sentenced, the person remains only on local jail logs. Other states like TN, as soon as they are booked in County jail, they are listed on Vinelink.

It says cash or bail bond so I assume that's 10%. geez..

http://www.kitsapgov.com/sheriff/incustody/jailwebsecond.asp?charges=700099903

I guess it isn't uncommon for this to happen between people who know each other. But it makes me question so much why he chose now to do this to Jenise. It doesn't seem like it was planned at all...at all. I'd love to know what happened to his aunt, what was going on in his life etc. And that isn't to find an "excuse" to why he did it..just an excuse for the timing.
I think the absence of her 16 year old brother (his friend, supposedly) had something to do with the timing. But yeah, it does seem odd that he did it on the anniversary of his aunt's death (or the next day).

I'm starting to think maybe GG had been grooming Jenise for a while.

Not knowing the details/context... It may just be that the mom was uncomfortable about an older boy being around her daughter, not necessarily something specifically about him.

True, but he would have been 15 when the girl was 11. Kind of odd for a 15 yr old boy to want to hang out with an 11 yr old. jmo

I think the absence of her 16 year old brother (his friend, supposedly) had something to do with the timing. But yeah, it does seem odd that he did it on the anniversary of his aunt's death (or the next day).

Until I know how often his brother goes out of town etc, I dunno. I'm sure it was a factor, but I don't think it was the trigger.

It could be coincidence. The anniversary date probably didn't cross his mind, even if his mom mentioned it. My guess the two incidents are unrelated.

True, but he would have been 15 when the girl was 11. Kind of odd for a 15 yr old boy to want to hang out with an 11 yr old. jmo

I've lived in a MHP before and it really wasn't too uncommon for that age group to hang around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni