735 users online (72 members and 663 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,639

    VA - Allegheny Co., WhtFem Skull UP6796, 20-49, near Route 606, Nov'85

    NamUs UP 6796 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6796

    No Image Available

    Unidentified White Female

    The victim was discovered on November 18, 1985, near State Route 606 (i.e., Blue Ridge Turnpike near Fincastle VA)

    Body Condition
    Body Condition: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts (i.e., Skull) only
    Estimated Postmortem Interval: 8 Months

    Vital Statistics

    Estimated age: 20-49 Years

    Identifiers
    Fingerprints: Not available
    Dentals: Not available
    DNA: Sample submitted - Tests complete

    Case History
    11/18/1985, a hunter found a human skull off State Route 606 in Allegheny County, Virginia.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,639
    As of this moment, there are 593 Rule-outs for this Jane Doe Skull.

    However, Virginia Alice Welch is not one of them.


    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/..._virginia.html
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1173/0

    Just based on the location, she would seem to be a very good candidate for comparison. She was LKA in Roanoke. Blue Ridge Highway (State Rte 606) is only about 20 miles out of Roanoke.

    The status of her DNA profile is: Initial Inquiry Underway. And there are no dentals on the Jane Doe.

    So it doesn't look like they would be able to do a comparison as of now.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,639
    Kimberly Jane Britts is also not listed among the 593 rule-outs.

    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/..._kimberly.html

    But she only has dentals available. No DNA.

    Her loc LKA (Charlottesville) is much farther away, so I say that Virginia Welch is a stronger possible.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    northern VA, USA
    Posts
    2,047
    593 rule outs... wow.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,507
    Skeletal remains found in Jackson River 30 years ago ID'd as missing teen

    Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2016 10:45 am | Updated: 10:48 am, Wed Oct 5, 2016.

    Thirty years after unidentified skeletal remains were found on the banks of the Jackson River, Alleghany County authorities have finally put a name on the case.

    The remains are those of 17-year-old Michael Dean Perdue, who was reported missing in May 1985, authorities say.

    http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/sk...20fce18f9.html


    Live press conference video link: http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/WA...396020981.html

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Skeletal remains found in Jackson River 30 years ago ID'd as missing teen

    Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2016 10:45 am | Updated: 10:48 am, Wed Oct 5, 2016.

    Thirty years after unidentified skeletal remains were found on the banks of the Jackson River, Alleghany County authorities have finally put a name on the case.

    The remains are those of 17-year-old Michael Dean Perdue, who was reported missing in May 1985, authorities say.

    http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/sk...20fce18f9.html


    Live press conference video link: http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/WA...396020981.html
    Now that I look at this, I'm not sure the above is the same case. Sorry for any confusion.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    21,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Now that I look at this, I'm not sure the above is the same case. Sorry for any confusion.
    It's not lol. I have been looking for an hour for a thread on Michael. I came here to post the same thing, seeking Carl's help. Welcome home Michael.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

    WebSleuths Lingo thread.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

    We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.


    THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    It's not lol. I have been looking for an hour for a thread on Michael. I came here to post the same thing, seeking Carl's help. Welcome home Michael.
    Thank you, Tulessa!



Similar Threads

  1. NY NY - Ellery, WhtFem 193UFNY, 33-37, GSW, off Route 17, Dec'83
    By shadowangel in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 243
    Last Post: 05-22-2017, 03:39 PM
  2. Replies: 153
    Last Post: 12-15-2016, 02:52 PM
  3. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-20-2016, 02:27 AM
  4. IN IN - Union Co., WhtFem UP4847, 18-26, in field off Route 27, Feb'84
    By CarlK90245 in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-28-2016, 02:20 AM
  5. DE DE - Townsend, WhtFem Skeletal 132UFDE, 33-63, off Route 13, Jun'77
    By anthrobones in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-27-2015, 04:19 PM

Tags for this Thread