910 users online (176 members and 734 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CA - Humboldt Co., Male Skeletal Remains @ Cuneo Creek, Aug'14 - Luis Raya

'The jawbone was in the middle of a trail on the west side of the Cuneo Creek Horse Camp, an equestrian site in Humboldt Redwoods State Park just off of Bull Creek Road'

'The campers who found the jawbone and skull remarked that the teeth were remarkably straight and white, with no visible dental work. Because of this they surmised that the remains could be of a child or young person, a theory that the coroner would not confirm.'

WARNING. Photo of human remains at link.
    http://www.northcoastjournal.com/Blo...ods-state-park
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 08-14-2014 at 02:57 AM.
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

http://www.northcoastjournal.com/Blo...ods-state-park

It seems so remarkable, that the the jaw bone is so clean - it looks so out of place there (beyond it being a jawbone on a trail iykwim).
    Maybe its just the picture.
    I hope they find who this belongs to
    Its extraordinary it was found at all - like it was meant to be found.

Aren't both wisdom teeth there? If so, that doesn't seem like it would be a child. The teeth look perfect including the fully erupted wisdom teeth. The jawbone doesn't look like it has been there very long either.

I'm thinking maybe teen, young adult. Remarkably straight and white suggests orthodontics and perhaps cosmetic whitening treatment.

Stupid question - could those be veneers??

I'm gonna guess hoax of some sort.

Might not be, of course, but something about it just doesn't look right.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

77DarkHorse7 is offline I've Heard The Sound That Silence Makes...On A Breath Of Wind
    Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    I'm gonna guess hoax of some sort.

Might not be, of course, but something about it just doesn't look right.
    Well there's always something not right about human remains indicative of homicide. So sad.
    .....In praecedens fuit solum credendum.

"Wherever he steps, whatever he touches, whatever he leaves, even unconsciously, will serve as a silent witness against him. Not only his fingerprints or his footprints, but his hair, the fibers from his clothes, the glass he breaks, the tool mark he leaves, the paint he scratches, the blood or semen he deposits or collects. All of these and more, bear mute witness against him. This is evidence that does not forget. It is not confused by the excitement of the moment. It is not absent because human witnesses are. It is factual evidence. Physical evidence cannot be wrong, it cannot perjure itself, it cannot be wholly absent. Only human failure to find it, study and understand it, can diminish its value." - Paul Leland Kirk

I agree that this just doesn't look right... Those teeth just look too white and perfect to be natural. The obvious decomp of the jaw appears natural, but those teeth! Does anyone know how veneers are affected by decomposition?

Wow! Those are really white. It does look strange. Like a mismatch.

That looks like a gum and teeth. Am I missing the jawbone? Is it in the dirt or leaves?

It looks like false teeth to me. moo
    Bless the beasts and the children
    For in this world they have no voice,
    They have no choice.

Iíve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, keep me here.
    كلي

Quote Originally Posted by sophiebelle View Post
    That looks like a gum and teeth. Am I missing the jawbone? Is it in the dirt or leaves?
    No, that is not gums. It is just fresh bone that hasn't been fully dried out by the elements yet.

And BTW, it is an adult mandible. The wisdom teeth are fully erupted.

They would be able to tell if the teeth were false and I would assume that would've been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by sophiebelle View Post
    No, that is not gums. It is just fresh bone that hasn't been fully dried out by the elements yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gogrannypop View Post
    It looks like false teeth to me. moo
    It is not a denture. it is a complete mandible. You can see the condyles on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by mbush View Post
    Aren't both wisdom teeth there? If so, that doesn't seem like it would be a child. The teeth look perfect including the fully erupted wisdom teeth. The jawbone doesn't look like it has been there very long either.
    And BTW, mbush is right. it is an adult mandible. The wisdom teeth are fully erupted.

Yep, too many teeth to be a child. I'm wondering if its one of our missing young women. Still waiting for the ID on the skeleton found a while back, too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast