1189 users online (241 members and 948 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

IL - Westin Bolin, 25, Elk Grove Village, 27 June 2014

http://www.journal-topics.com/news/a...a4bcf6878.html

Westin Bolin of Elk Grove Village was last seen near Arlington Hts. Road and Brantwood Avenue on June 27.

Bolin is described by police as a 5 ft. 11 in. tall, 180 lb. white male with a light complection, green eyes and short brown hair. He was last seen wearing a white t-shirt, khaki-colored cargo shorts, gym shoes and glasses.

He reportedly left on foot and has limited resources, Elk Grove police investigator Christopher Torres said.
    Westin's FB: https://www.facebook.com/westin.bolin

The article says he has a history of being gone for "extended periods" (not explained further) but not this long.

From his FB page, it looks like he has a long-term girlfriend, very attractive girl.
    We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

Missing person poster from the village
    http://www.elkgrove.com/Modules/Show...ocumentid=2300

Everything is MOO and I am always willing to be wrong!

October 2013 marked 60 years since Evelyn Hartley's violent kidnapping while babysitting.

We need fresh eyes in the case - please visit us in
    Evelyn's thread!

FB page thread lists his cell number. Wonder if anyone tried. Is it active? Someone also suggested he might have skipped town. Is he still dating the girl in the photos on FB?

Quote Originally Posted by trenchmouth View Post
    Is he still dating the girl in the photos on FB?
    I'm wondering this because whoever "liked" the recent photos of them is no longer his friend (if you click the 'like' button it says "noone").

FB missing page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1552099391677693
    Justice for Jennifer

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

He is no longer with the woman in the picture - they parted ways months ago.
    He has been gone for "extended periods" because he is an on again off again - severe alcoholic and vanishes. However, he always comes back.. Except for this time.

The phone number is active, but he has it turned off, whether that is intentional because he doesn't want contact or because he has no money, car, or place to charge it.

More than likely has left town. I don't think he wants to be found thistime. I hope he is though - so I, and the rest of his family can know he is ok.
    Last edited by MagenP984; 08-14-2014 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by MagenP984 View Post
    He is no longer with the woman in the picture - they parted ways months ago.
    He has been gone for "extended periods" because he is an on again off again - severe alcoholic and vanishes. However, he always comes back.. Except for this time.

The phone number is active, but he has it turned off, whether that is intentional because he doesn't want contact or because he has no money, car, or place to charge it.

More than likely has left town. I don't think he wants to be found thistime. I hope he is though - so I, and the rest of his family can know he is ok.
    Thanks for the details. I hope he is safe and returns home.

Quote Originally Posted by trenchmouth View Post
    Thanks for the details. I hope he is safe and returns home.
    I'll update if he is. Thank you

Considering he has been struggling with alcoholism I'm wondering if this might be a suicide...I hope he's okay.

alreetlike is offline All human wisdom is summed up in these two words -- wait and hope
    Hopefully he just wants some time "off the grid" and will come back to seek help when he's ready.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...ews/140829005/

Westin Bolin, 26, was last seen about 7 p.m. June 27 near John F. Kennedy Boulevard and Brantwood Avenue, coming back from a Walgreens. He never made it home, and neither family nor friends have heard from him since. "At this point, I'm just trying to see if he's still alive," said his father, Brent Bolin. "He's never been away like this... It's been a nightmare"...

His dad says he's reached out to all 66 phone numbers with whom his son was in contact via text message -- numbers he was able to obtain because of a shared family phone plan -- but so far no one has said they saw Westin.

Police also have checked Westin Bolin's bank account, but it hasn't been utilized. Investigators are seeking court orders allowing them to see if Bolin has accessed his email account, his dad said.
    Interesting conversation in the comments here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1552...4516030436029/

Very interesting indeed...I do hope Wes is okay but the more time passes I really doubt it, sadly.

Somewhere Remote, Beautiful, and Peaceful in Illinois.
    I went over the FB Group - I believe this case has not had much media attraction - It doesn't take much to have a time date and location (usually located around where he was last seen) - and call all the local and state media to advise them of this meeting to go public with his last whereabouts and detailed description, with the family there (avoiding the clear drama that is already surrounding this case according to the comments in this FB group). It is important to get this group also noted in the media with plenty of pictures of him. I can't imagine why this isn't publicized as much as it should be. Alcoholism is not a reason to dismiss the fact that he has disappeared. He hasn't used his bank account or his phone and left on foot. That should be disturbing enough to go public and begin searches within the area. Elk Grove (is where I went to High School) has many miles of green land and should be searched. I even did a search there myself in lieu of Stacy Peterson. My mind is boggled.
    ~ Giving Up Is Defined as Failure. ~

If family is reading, please note the resources link in my signature line. There is a great deal of info for family of the missing.

Also, Westin is not listed in NamUs. http://namus.gov/
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Come home safely soon, Westin.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast