969 users online (215 members and 754 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

TX - Beeville PD's K-9 'Irk' is missing, 9 August 2014

Irk

Missing: Highly Trained Beeville PD Officer

BEEVILLE --
    A Beeville police officer with two years on the force is missing tonight. Irk is a German shepard (sic) who disappeared Friday evening, but as the search intensifies, police think someone may be holding him hostage. "Irk has actually helped us several times in locating missing people," Police Chief Joe Trevino said. But now, Irk, a 3-year-old German shepard (sic) with extensive police training is missing himself. He and two other dogs disappeared Friday around 6:30 p.m. "Apparently they chewed through the fence and escaped," Trevino explained. The other two personal dogs turned up in a cemetery near the home where they live within an hour of the escape. If Irk is returned voluntarily now, Trevino says there will be no questions asked, but if they have to hunt him down, there could be criminal charges involved.
    http://www.kristv.com/news/missing-h...le-pd-officer/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I kind of love that this thread is in here.

Irk is a handsome guy and no doubt they have their best officers out searching. Come home safely, irk!

$6,000 reward for missing Beeville police dog
    San Antonio Express-News : August 18, 2014
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...og-5695906.php
    Irk, a 3-year-old German shepherd, was last seen Aug. 8 near the 1600 block of East Kennedy Street in Beeville, said Beeville Police Chief Joe Treviņo. He said police suspect Irk escaped his kennel and was not stolen.

Hey, Irk, where are you? Better get yourself home, buddy!
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Oh! A highly trained puppy! I was wondering why a toddler had no last name! Come home, puppy!
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.

Bumping for Irk, he is STILL missing! Where are ya, boy? Please come home safely. Where could he be?
    Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that one animal their world is changed forever! -Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by necco View Post
    Oh! A highly trained puppy! I was wondering why a toddler had no last name! Come home, puppy!
    I thought maybe it was the toddler's initials until I got to the picture.

Irk has still not been found. This article says the same handler "lost" another police dog named Amok 5 years previously:

http://www.kristv.com/news/coinciden...is-dog-before/

Well, that doesn't sound too promising.

Police chief is kinda throwing the handler under the bus, isn't he? Doesn't sound like there's a lot of trust there.

Yeah, and it's hard to say from that article whether there's any merit to the accusations. It's rare for a trained dog to run away like that, and having it happen twice would seem to indicate some kind of problem. But the chief's tone is kind of off, too. Strange.

Wow. Poor dogs.

I hope Irk is found safe. He should have a microchip in him, right?

As for the "handler" I hope he's done handling.

Born and raised in Texas, 25 years in Arizona
    What does 3 dogs chewing through a fence to get loose have to do with the handler ?

I have a fenced yard, and my dogs have managed to get out of it before. You just have to fix the weak link in the chain and move on with your life. It's not necessarily anybodies fault, dogs will be dogs.

If somebody took the dog in because it was running around loose, and is feeding and watering it, unaware of who's dog it is, it seems like there would be a nicer approach than threatening felony charges against somebody "if we have to go track down the culprit".

They found the other two dogs, the third one was probably thirsty and hungry and somebody might have taken him in or put them in their yard until they figured out what to do with him. I've done that myself before, especially after lightning storms. I guess I had better be careful the next time, I might have the SWAT team kick down my door and throw in a couple of flash-bang grenades.

As much as they spend to train and raise those dogs, they should have had GPS collars on them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by steelman View Post
    What does 3 dogs chewing through a fence to get loose have to do with the handler ?

I have a fenced yard, and my dogs have managed to get out of it before. You just have to fix the weak link in the chain and move on with your life. It's not necessarily anybodies fault, dogs will be dogs.

If somebody took the dog in because it was running around loose, and is feeding and watering it, unaware of who's dog it is, it seems like there would be a nicer approach than threatening felony charges against somebody "if we have to go track down the culprit".

They found the other two dogs, the third one was probably thirsty and hungry and somebody might have taken him in or put them in their yard until they figured out what to do with him. I've done that myself before, especially after lightning storms. I guess I had better be careful the next time, I might have the SWAT team kick down my door and throw in a couple of flash-bang grenades.

As much as they spend to train and raise those dogs, they should have had GPS collars on them anyway.
    I have a sneaking suspicion that Irk is somewhere renamed Bopper and wearing a tiara given to him by his new tiny human. At least, I hope he's living the life with kibble and a pet toddler whose parents don't realize he's missing.
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.