1472 users online (322 members and 1150 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TN - Mark Strange, 40, Chattanooga, 7 August 2014

Mark Strange

Family desperate to find missing Chattanooga veteran

CHATTANOOGA, TN (WRCB) -
    A Chattanooga man says he is desperate to find his nephew. The 40-year-old missing man served in the Army for 10 years and was last seen in the parking lot of ITT Tech at Eastgate Mall. His uncle says he was temporarily living in his car while taking classes at the school. Forty-year-old Mark Strange was reported missing last week. He says the circumstances surrounding his disappearance do not add up and he is very concerned he could be in serious trouble. "He was a straight up guy, you know? He was just trying to get by in the world like everybody else. I don't know. I don't know. I just don't what to think about the situation. I really don't," says John Mackie, Mark Strange's Uncle. John Mackie says the disappearance of his nephew is one big mystery. "I think probably something bad has happened." Forty-year-old Strange is a veteran. He served 10 years in the Army. "He did three tours in Iraq," says Mackie. About a year ago, Strange moved from California and eventually moved in with his uncle.
    http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/26262840...anooga-veteran
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Shouldn't there be cameras around there? I would assume he had to leave that parking to wash his clothes, find a restroom, get a shower, get his mail etc. Did his uncle know where he did these things?

Family and friends are very concerned about his well-being because he hasn't picked up mail he was waiting on.
    Strange was last seen driving a 2002 green Mitsubishi Gallant with a Tennessee license tag of F7885X.

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/fea...-strange.shtml

Oh boy...I'm having a bad feeling. Hope I'm wrong.

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

Army vet living in his car...I can't help but think "Not another suicide, please"...I hope he'll be found soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnoliaMountain View Post
    Army vet living in his car...I can't help but think "Not another suicide, please"...I hope he'll be found soon.
    BBM...my thoughts exactly, MagnoliaMountain. This may be the same thing that has happened with a distant relative of mine. Her ex husband was living in his car and they found his body in his car in a cemetery. Not sure if he had a heart attack or committed suicide.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

Still missing.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/26308000...ng-for-11-days

Forty-year-old Mark Strange is described as a white man with blue eyes and bald. He is about 5' 8" and weighs around 170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sophiebelle View Post
    Shouldn't there be cameras around there? I would assume he had to leave that parking to wash his clothes, find a restroom, get a shower, get his mail etc. Did his uncle know where he did these things?
    I would think there would be cameras. That's not the best part of town.

Have the family set up a missing facebook page for him? I did search fb and came up with nothing, but sometimes I fail at FB searches.
    ETA: Is there a picture of his car somewhere?

I alsp wondered if any other cameras in the area may have seen him coming or going by. I don't know if they know what date to look for. Who knows when he left the area?

Quote Originally Posted by sophiebelle View Post
    I alsp wondered if any other cameras in the area may have seen him coming or going by. I don't know if they know what date to look for. Who knows when he left the area?
    Maybe his uncle can give the police a general timeline of when he last saw him? The sad thing is I don't know if the police can be bothered to check cameras. I really hope they have though. I don't have much faith in them, but maybe they will prove me wrong. (And hope they do!)

According to this update he has been found at a local Starbucks. I thought this would turn out badly. Thank goodness I was wrong.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/26262840...anooga-veteran

Great news!

Quote Originally Posted by poppyfrock View Post
    Have the family set up a missing facebook page for him? I did search fb and came up with nothing, but sometimes I fail at FB searches.
    He was a tough one to sleuth, because "Mark" and "Strange" are both very common words in addition to being names, so searches pulled up a ton of unrelated stuff to sort through. So it's not just you.

Very happy to hear he's been found!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast