1168 users online (162 members and 1006 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MD - Cecil Brown, 73, murdered at his Takoma Park home, 4 Aug 2014

Cecil Brown was 73 yrs old, a good and he was attacked behind his home. There are no leads and no suspects yet in this case, nor is there a motive. I hope that his thread will become an active one.
    It really saddened me to read about his murder.

http://www.gazette.net/article/20140...mplate=gazette
    Dont Be A Sheep

Thanks for starting this thread, Cherry Pie. I can see Mr. Brown's house from my back deck. He lived in a very unusual neighborhood, surprisingly isolated from surrounding neighborhoods considering it is in a well-populated suburb. There were a number of posts on my neighborhood listserv the day he was found, but nothing since then. I've been a little surprised that the police have not been down my street at all -- I don't have any information, but someone might. Still, the Takoma Park police are generally pretty good. I'm hoping we'll hear about an arrest soon.
    We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

Two arrests have been made for the murder of Cecil Brown. I got this from a Takoma Park police department release:

On August 4, 2014, at approximately 12:29 pm, Takoma Park Police received two phone calls for a disturbance in the 800 block of Colby Avenue, Takoma Park, Maryland. Units responded and located a male, identified as Cecil Brown, 73, deceased in his backyard. Takoma Park Police Detectives began an investigation into Brown’s death as a homicide; this was based on the Medical Examiner’s determination that the cause of death was blunt force trauma and the manner of death a homicide.

After an exhaustive investigation, on May 28, 2015, at approximately 4:00 pm, Hussain Ali Zadeh, 49, and Larlane L. Brown, 68, both of Takoma Park, Maryland, were arrested for 1st Degree Murder and Conspiracy to Commit 1st Degree Murder, by Takoma Park’s Special Assignment Team. Both suspects were arrested at Baltimore Washington International Airport. With the assistance of the Baltimore Customs and Border Protection Unit, Zadeh was detained at customs after returning from out of the country and remanded to the custody of the Takoma Park Police. Brown was also taken into custody at the airport after it was determined that she would be there to pick Zadeh up.

Both suspects are currently being held at the Montgomery County Central Processing Unit on a no bond status.

No info on whether Larlane Brown is related in some way. It's a very common name, so they could easily NOT be related.
    We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

Wow! I am so glad they caught this pair. Washington Post is reporting Larlane was Cecil Brown's wife: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...7ac_story.html

This morning's article from the Washington Post, gives more detail.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...y.html?hpid=z3

From June:

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...305778241.html

A woman charged in the death of her husband last summer apparently researched how to kill him, according to court documents.

Larlane Brown, 68, researched what happens when someone is Tasered in the head, what drinks cause heart failure and poisons that can be made at home...

The Browns had been married for 51 years.

The trial began today in Montgomery County Maryland Circuit Court.

Trial is 15days. Should be ending this week!

Trial is winding down! I hope justice is served!

Nannie13, have you attended at all? How's it going? Rumors of the defense team's theory of what happened to Cecil have been going around the neighborhood.
    Last edited by marcuswrath; 04-07-2017 at 02:40 PM. Reason: typo

Marcuswrath if you check Maryland Case Search it's all on there. Type in her name and you can seen a lot of info regarding the case. I'm hoping and praying that this woman is found guilty and life in prison.

Just heard from one of our neighbors who had been attending the trial that they were both convicted of second degree murder. No word (that I've yet heard) on the conspiracy charge yet. I was literally pulling out of my driveway when I heard, so I'll get some more details this afternoon, hopefully.

Nannie13, thanks for the reply. I'm familiar with MD Case Search, I've been using it to follow along since the beginning, but it often takes the clerk a few days to update it.

2nd degree!!!!! This was clearly 1st degree and conspiring!!!! That's my opinion tho. 2nd degree carries 10-30 years. Please keep us informed Marcuswrath and thank you .

Both Larlane and her boyfriend were sentenced to 30 years in prison yesterday afternoon, the maximum possible sentence for the 2nd degree charge.

This is the outcome that Mr. Brown's family was hoping for and deserved. Nothing can bring him back to his kids, grandkids and great-grandkids, but justice was served.

Wife, Boyfriend Sentenced to 30 Years for Husband's Murder

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...436914213.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast