GUILTY NY - DM, 6, & FM, 12, Huevelton, 13 August 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ventura441

Reaction score
http://www.cnycentral.com/news/photos.aspx?id=1083414#.U-1RGmM0eVt

Thanks to Ontario Mom!

The St. Lawrence Co. Sheriff's has activated the New York State AMBER Alert and is investigating a confirmed child abduction that occurred on State Hwy. 812/Mt. Alone Rd., in Town of Oswegatchie at about 7:20 PM on 8/13/2014.

The CHILD, FM is a White female, approximately 12 years old with brown hair and brown eyes. She is approximately 5 feet tall and weighs about 90 pounds. FM was last seen wearing dark blue dress with blue apron and black bonnet. The victim is also crosseyed.

The CHILD, DM is a White female, approximately 6 years old with brown hair and brown eyes. She is approximately 4 feet tall and weighs about 50 pounds. DM was last seen wearing dark blue dress with blue apron and black bonnet. Victim has round scar on forehead and is missing front teeth.

The VEHICLE has been identified as White 4-door sedan. Vehicle is small with unknown plate number.

Two female Amish victims went to their roadside stand to wait on a customer in a small white 4-door sedan. Witness saw passenger of vehicle throw something in back then get in back seat. Vehicle left scene and victims were gone.

Anyone with any information on this abduction is asked to call the St. Lawrence Co. Sheriff's at (866)N Y S-AMBER or dial 911 to provide information on a report or sighting. LINK:http://amber.ny.gov/view.cfm?ID=b917600e-945e-46f1-ab68-be369585ca6f

Amber Alert: Two Girls Abducted From Heuvelton Area ...

An amber alert was issued after two girls were abducted from the Heuvelton area Wednesday evening.

"We're canvassing different areas, following different leads, looking for the public's assistance," St. Lawrence County Sheriff Kevin Wells told 7 News late Wednesday night.

"All the county areas around us have been notified."

The girls are Amish - one is six years old and the other 12.

The six year old is DM, with brown hair, brown eyes and weighing about 50 pounds. She's roughly four feet tall, and was wearing a dark blue dress with a blue apron and black bonnet.

She has a round scar on her forehead and is missing front teeth.

The 12 year old is FM. She has brown hair and eyes. She's five feet tall and weighs about 90 pounds. She was wearing a dark blue dress with a blue apron and black bonnet. She is crosseyed.

The girls were put into the back of a small white, four door car. The incident happened at the Miller family farm on Mount Alone Road, Heuvelton at about 7:20 pm. The family was in the barn milking, and the two girls left the barn to go to the family's roadside vegetable stand, because they believed a customer was there ...

full article at:

http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/Urgent-Two-Girls-Missing-Believed-Abducted-271173521.html

Anyone with information is asked to call the sheriff's department at 379-2222 OR
the St. Lawrence County Sheriff's at (866) NYS- AMBER or dial 911

Wow, this is scary. Could the kidnapper (and I'm hoping!) be a parent or relative who left the Amish community? Wanted to "rescue" them?

There are probably no pictures of these girls, right? My knowledge of the Amish is limited to various reality shows. Apologies if that's a dumb question.

This is very scary. 6 and 12? Please Lord, let them be safe.

I just googled 'Amish+cameras' and apparently it is against their religious beliefs to take a picture of oneself.

There are probably no pictures of these girls, right? My knowledge of the Amish is limited to various reality shows. Apologies if that's a dumb question.

Not dumb at all Kaliste ... and a very, very sad situation when it comes to trying to find these girls :( I certainly can't find any pics, and given the Amber Alert, am sure they would be publicized if available:

http://amishamerica.com/what-do-amish-think-about-photography/

Photos of Amish children

Amish often consider photos of their children different than photos of adults. Opinions vary but many Amish allow photos of children. One reason is that children are not yet baptized members of the church, and not necessarily bound by the stricture against posing for photos. Numerous professional photographers have featured photos of Amish children.
amish children photo

Children are sometimes even used by the Amish themselves in business advertisements. At the same time, other Amish do not allow photos of their children to be taken.

Another article with a slightly different account of what happened:
http://www.ibtimes.com/police-issue...te-after-two-amish-girls-are-abducted-1658204

"DM, 6, and FM, 12, were at a roadside stand waiting on customers on State Highway 812 in the town of Oswegatchie in St. Lawrence County at about 7 p.m. on Wednesday, reports said citing local police. A white four-door sedan reportedly pulled over to the stand and a witness reportedly saw a passenger of the vehicle put something in the back seat of the car before getting back in.

The vehicle, which has been described as small with an unknown license plate, then left the spot. The two young girls were reported missing after the vehicle drove away."

sorry ventura ... I hadn't found a thread on the girls (some articles say St. Lawrence Country, others Heuvelton, others Oswegatchie) so I also started one as an "Active Search". I'll ask a Mod to combine them. Ah well,better 2 than none, right? :)

Wow, this is scary. Could the kidnapper (and I'm hoping!) be a parent or relative who left the Amish community? Wanted to "rescue" them?

I think you could be on to something here. Per a few documentaries I've watched, it's becoming more common for members of the Amish to leave their community. Once out, some of them will help others to leave the as well.

Also, another sad thought, but they might have been taken and thrown into a sex trafficking operation.

Perhaps *if* this is so, the abductors would get a premium for supplying such "innocent" and wholesome girls. :(

http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/Urgent-Two-Girls-Missing-Believed-Abducted-271173521.html

7 News reporter Diana Page Jordan, on scene early Thursday morning, said she saw investigators place a protective covering over tire tracks on Mount Alone Road. Jordan was told investigators were going through sex offender records for the area.
The St. Lawrence County Sheriff's Department, state police and the Border Patrol were all investigating Wednesday night, and road blocks were set up. A state police forensics unit has been called in, as has a K9 unit.

Very worried for these girls, hope they are found safe soon.

How scary,
Is this a busy road they had their stall on?
So there was more that one person in the car, from witness seeing passenger put something in the back.

Hope they are found safe and we'll and soon x

It is just off of a state highway, but only two lanes and not high traffic. Mt Alone Rd is a rural country road. There is a large Amish population in this area and roadside stands are very common. There are always Amish children walking on the roads and manning stands around here. There is a mental hospital and correctional facility nearby, but this is generally a rural farming community. There was an attempted abduction last week about 30 miles north but I am not sure if that man is still in custody and he had a light blue pick-up truck.

I live about 30 miles south and travel this area daily.

The 6 yo has a round scar on her forehead and missing front teeth. That would be easy to spot.

Oswegatchie (WSYR-TV) - State Police have issued an AMBER Alert for two Amish girls believed to be abducted in the North Country Wednesday evening.

Troopers say the incident happened in the St. Lawrence County town of Oswegatchie along State Hwy. 812/Mount Alone Road at about 7:20 p.m.

Multiple law enforcement agencies are working the case, as many as 7 Bonno believes, and he says the F.B.I. does have an agent getting involved. Bonno says nearly 50 officers were involved in the overnight search.

The overnight search included road blockades in Ogdensburg, Gouverneur, Potsdam and Jefferson County, according to Bonno.

St. Lawrence County Sheriff Kevin Wells says the girls speak Pennsylvania Dutch, and one of the girls speaks English, WWNY-TV in Watertown reports.

WWNY-TV also investigators are going through sex offender records for the area.

http://www.localsyr.com/story/d/sto...-according-to-st/29461/NPlINtJKQUaZs9NpKDgXtw

Is this an odd coincidence? Mr. John Miller was quoted in a story the same day about community issues with horse manure on the streets.

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20140814/NEWS05/140819432

Amish horse manure causing stink in village of Heuvelton
By LARRY ROBINSON
JOHNSON NEWSPAPERS
PUBLISHED: THURSDAY, AUGUST 14, 2014 AT 1:23 AM

John M. Miller, an Amish farmer living on State Highway 184 just outside Heuvelton, said he has never thought much about the effects of horse manure on village streets, but that he has cleaned up his animals’ droppings on occasion.
“I’ve done it,” Mr. Miller said.
Mr. Miller said he also understands why some people might be concerned.
“The only thing I realize is that people don’t want their cars dirty and people don’t want their kids playing in it,” Mr. Miller said as he was eating an ice cream cone outside Stewarts. “I understand that. I’ve never been asked before.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23