Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 62

Thread: NM-Child abuse series Brianna Lopez

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    504

    NM-Child abuse series Brianna Lopez

    This is one of the saddest cases of child abuse I have ever heard. This is a must read.

    http://nvfc.us/blog

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to nvfc For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,755
    OMG...that is horrible. How sad for that poor sweet baby
    When the children cry let them know we tried 'Cause when the the children sing then the new world begins



  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    504
    It is sad and is almost like an epidemic in New Mexico. There have been eight cases documented the same since 2001 thru January 2005. More since last January. Just last Friday The district Attorney from New Mexico was on MSNBC and CNN. I have since been in contact with her office and have done an interview myself for this story. It has been one of the hardest things for me to do.

    My son is nine moths old and her profile looks like she could be his sister. I plan on investigating each and every case in New Mexico and tell their story.

    Here is info on the District Attorney and also information on other cases. We have given her the person of the month award for her dedication and outstanding work in child abuse.

    http://nvfc.us/content/view/332/1/

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    504
    The case of Uriah Vasquez-Ordoņez has been written by Trisha for the NVFC.

    Another sad case in New Mexico has it's story told.

    http://nvfc.us/blog/?p=5

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    454
    I know this is an old thread, but I just read Brianna's story on the blog in the OP.

    Someone please tell me that this poor baby's "parents" and "uncle" are doing hard time in prison for what they did to her.

    Why the HELL can't monsters like these just give their children to people who would love them? They never took a single picture of that beautiful child...her only photos were post mortem (if I understood correctly). They broke her tiny ribs!! I have a dear friend right now who would literally give her left arm to adopt a baby, yet monsters get to keep having child after child to injure and kill.

    Damn, I'm just sick. I just pray that if there is a God, he swept that baby's soul out of her body quickly so she felt little pain

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    4,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisahas2cats
    I know this is an old thread, but I just read Brianna's story on the blog in the OP.

    Someone please tell me that this poor baby's "parents" and "uncle" are doing hard time in prison for what they did to her.

    Why the HELL can't monsters like these just give their children to people who would love them? They never took a single picture of that beautiful child...her only photos were post mortem (if I understood correctly). They broke her tiny ribs!! I have a dear friend right now who would literally give her left arm to adopt a baby, yet monsters get to keep having child after child to injure and kill.

    Damn, I'm just sick. I just pray that if there is a God, he swept that baby's soul out of her body quickly so she felt little pain
    I am crying as I tyype this. I have just read this link and wonder why? If people do not want their babies then why not just put them up for adoption.Other people do want them and would love the opportunity to have such a gorgeous baby.I for one.
    I feel repulsed by these perpetrators and if they could be sentenced to death they should be.I do not feel they have anything to contribute to society.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    454
    I couldn't sleep last night after reading this thread. It really, really got under my skin...I even tried praying about it, but all I could think was why a merciful, omnipotent God would allow these things to happen. So that shot my prayers for the night.

    Then, when it occurred to me that the child abuse cases we actually hear about may be only the tip of the iceberg...well, I'd really just like to turn in my human race membership card. And what can we do to stop it? Nothing. Yes, we can watch for signs of abuse in kids we see, but how often do babies like poor Brianna actually see the light of day? We can provide parenting classes, but are monsters likely to take the initiative to sign up and attend? We create children's advocacy centers to assist children and their non-offending families after the fact...but how many children never make it that far?

    I just can't shake this and am crying all over again. My sweet, maddening little toddler is showered with love and safety...the reflection she sees of herself in our faces is pure joy. I almost feel guilty for that, as though love and safety are like clean water in a desert, and some lucky children get all the water and others get none. I know that good parents loving their children doesn't actually "take away" from children who are not so fortunate...but damn .

    I know it's not healthy or productive to stay so shaken about something over which I have no control, but I don't know what to "do" with this. I'm sorry to ramble, I know I sound like a raving lunatic (or raging mama bear), so I'll hush now .

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lisahas2cats For This Useful Post:


  10. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    4,193
    Lisa, the way you feel regarding this is exactly how I felt when i read it.It is a sad story of neglect.

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisahas2cats
    I couldn't sleep last night after reading this thread. It really, really got under my skin...I even tried praying about it, but all I could think was why a merciful, omnipotent God would allow these things to happen. So that shot my prayers for the night.

    Then, when it occurred to me that the child abuse cases we actually hear about may be only the tip of the iceberg...well, I'd really just like to turn in my human race membership card. And what can we do to stop it? Nothing. Yes, we can watch for signs of abuse in kids we see, but how often do babies like poor Brianna actually see the light of day? We can provide parenting classes, but are monsters likely to take the initiative to sign up and attend? We create children's advocacy centers to assist children and their non-offending families after the fact...but how many children never make it that far?

    I just can't shake this and am crying all over again. My sweet, maddening little toddler is showered with love and safety...the reflection she sees of herself in our faces is pure joy. I almost feel guilty for that, as though love and safety are like clean water in a desert, and some lucky children get all the water and others get none. I know that good parents loving their children doesn't actually "take away" from children who are not so fortunate...but damn .

    I know it's not healthy or productive to stay so shaken about something over which I have no control, but I don't know what to "do" with this. I'm sorry to ramble, I know I sound like a raving lunatic (or raging mama bear), so I'll hush now .
    I know how you feel I found it last night and my poor husband was wondering what had me so upset and bawling my eyes out. My hubby sat and read through while I went and had a strong coffee and when I came back into my office he was quietly crying.

    RIP Brianna and RIP Kelsey

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,151
    I know this is an older case but I just read about it. The second time I cried today when reading a case about abuse.

    There is something about the picture and it's circumstances that will affect you to the core of your very being. It is one of the sickest things I have ever read. I will never ever forget this case or get it out of my mind. It was the anniversary of her death recently and a segment was done on Brianna.


    I warn you.......extremely graphic pictures. You will cry. Those animals never took one picture of that baby. Be ready to be very affected if you click the link....it is almost overwhelmingly sad because of the brutality and senseless nature. Her pictures still hang on detectives walls..............


    http://media.causes.com/558979
    [/I]

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mysterygirl For This Useful Post:


  14. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,151
    http://www.gopetition.com/online/26696.html

    There is a petition to remove the fencing around her grave. There are only about 5700 signatures .....if you have time please sign the petition in her honor...thank you.
    [/I]

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mysterygirl For This Useful Post:


  16. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,151
    If anyone thinks moving petition link will help members see this, please do so!
    [/I]

  17. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Right here, right now!
    Posts
    840
    I am at a loss for words. Why do we as a society tolerate this? Enough already! The death penalty is too good for these animals.

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spurser For This Useful Post:


  19. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    20,222
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterygirl View Post
    http://www.gopetition.com/online/26696.html

    There is a petition to remove the fencing around her grave. There are only about 5700 signatures .....if you have time please sign the petition in her honor...thank you.
    Baby Brianna Lopez was 5 months old when she died as result of prolonged abuse and sexual assault at the hands of her father, uncle and mother. Brianna Lopez' family were sentenced to prison for their crime. No one laid claim to this baby's body after she had died so the community of Las Cruces came forward to lay claim to Brianna and honour her at her funeral.

    Brianna's remaining family held a small and quick burial in a private cemetery, excluding other family members. No headstone was placed at her grave, only a marker was placed on the site then the burial mound raked flat. People of the community came to honour this baby by laying flowers. As the family wanted her death to be quiet they ordered a metal cage be placed over the burial site to discourage people from honouring her. The cage has surrounded baby Briannas resting place for seven years. Unfortunately the family has maintained this and it is their right as it is a private cemetery.

    This petition will go towards helping the District Attorney of New Mexico in achieving what baby Brianna Lopez is entitled to, the removal of the cage and a proper burial with a headstone.

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:


  21. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,151
    Thanks JB! This little angel deserves the love and honor she did not get in life. People still mourn her loss.

    On the link I posted ....the DA and the detective both got choked up at moments. They took her death very hard and her little picture still hangs on their office walls as a reminder.

    That baby was abused her entire short little life. Evidence showed both old and new skull fractures. She had bruises from the top of her head down to the toes on her feet. Extended family knew and no one said a word. Calling attention to her case for child abuse awareness is extremely fitting.............maybe it can save another child.
    [/I]

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mysterygirl For This Useful Post:


  23. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,833
    I keep this little baby's pic on my pc all the time just to remember her. This story touched me like no other......Heartbreaking stuff
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Ciara For This Useful Post:


  25. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    42
    I seen the video piece on little Brianna on Causes on facebook today. Something I will never forget. This poor beautiful baby. This is the most heartbreaking thing I have ever heard or seen. Those monsters should been took right out and shot...like the animals they are.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to bamafide For This Useful Post:


  27. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,663
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Baby Brianna Lopez was 5 months old when she died as result of prolonged abuse and sexual assault at the hands of her father, uncle and mother. Brianna Lopez' family were sentenced to prison for their crime. No one laid claim to this baby's body after she had died so the community of Las Cruces came forward to lay claim to Brianna and honour her at her funeral.

    Brianna's remaining family held a small and quick burial in a private cemetery, excluding other family members. No headstone was placed at her grave, only a marker was placed on the site then the burial mound raked flat. People of the community came to honour this baby by laying flowers. As the family wanted her death to be quiet they ordered a metal cage be placed over the burial site to discourage people from honouring her. The cage has surrounded baby Briannas resting place for seven years. Unfortunately the family has maintained this and it is their right as it is a private cemetery.

    This petition will go towards helping the District Attorney of New Mexico in achieving what baby Brianna Lopez is entitled to, the removal of the cage and a proper burial with a headstone.
    This family is nuts! They abused her in life and disrespected her after she died, imo. What the heck?

  28. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,663
    Quote Originally Posted by bamafide View Post
    I seen the video piece on little Brianna on Causes on facebook today. Something I will never forget. This poor beautiful baby. This is the most heartbreaking thing I have ever heard or seen. Those monsters should been took right out and shot...like the animals they are.
    How could they torture this angelic little baby? I would like to see "an eye for an eye"....they should be tortured, too.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:


  30. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    This family is nuts! They abused her in life and disrespected her after she died, imo. What the heck?
    Epitome of evil......
    [/I]

  31. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,151
    Merry Christmas little angel. I have not forgotten you......
    [/I]

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mysterygirl For This Useful Post:


  33. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    6,356
    utterly disgusting. bad enough 3 of them murdered her after tourturing her for her whole life......the rest of them pretend she never existed.

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kbl8201 For This Useful Post:


  35. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    25
    I just viewed the video about Baby Brianna. The tears just won't stop and I don't even know this child. How could her mother allow these horrific things to happen. No, they never loved her and by their actions they must have hated her. But how? Such a sweet little angel. Everything that was done to that child should be done to each and every family member had a hand in the abuse or knowledge of it!! Then to put a cage around her grave....they just continue to treat her like an animal. If the community paid for it, why should the family have any say, they wouldn't even claim her body. It makes me sick these people continue to breath air. To rape is terrible, to rape a child is depraved, to rape an enfant....well there aren't words strong enough. These offenders will never feel remorse and there is no way to fix them!! It is terrible this child has such a life, but no one can hurt her now.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to kgriffin For This Useful Post:


  37. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    15

    News piece on Brianna Lopez

    Didn't see this posted here and although there are other Brianna video's this is the news piece that is VERY hard to watch, so be forewarned *GRAPHIC*. Heart breaking and devastating. The people who stole Brianna's life are not in the same class with humans. They are pure evil for what was done to her.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkSN65cJKOE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkSN65cJKOE[/ame]
    ♥Eternal Flame of remembrance♥

  38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silvahalo For This Useful Post:


  39. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    15

    No pictures of baby Brianna during life

    Sweet, beautiful, baby Brianna, my heart breaks for you. The heinous and inconceivable way your precious life was treated gives new meaning to the term child abuse. I cannot fully fathom what your short life, your last moments where on that last night. Your anguish is more than my heart can bear to dwell on. Your death will be vindicated sweet one, your story never forgotten. You were the light of life, a gift to be cherished.

    ♥Eternal Flame of remembrance♥

  40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Silvahalo For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Child Abuse Investigation
    By Leve in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 09-06-2008, 07:01 PM
  2. Child in Coma After Enduring Horrific Child Abuse
    By Samiya in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-19-2007, 07:03 PM
  3. Unfathomable child abuse in TX
    By amandab in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 05-01-2005, 12:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •