1413 users online (271 members and 1142 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    I don't think this tape has anything to do with this guy. That one break in his voice is either a muffled laugh or was sort of nasal sound. The blinging sound in the background sounds like added sounds. If its real sound its reminding of the sounds in the hospital, like when the elevator stops, makes a noise.

Also the pronunciation of Dead ta Dead ta.

I think this is fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Becba
    I made the mistake of listening about 3 this morning and haven't been able to sleep since. The voice is intentionally terrorizing. I could not understand everything said though. Can anyone make out the whole audio? It sounds like a tv is on in the background and maybe the tape is of a retape made at the scene because it also sounds like police radio talk in the background.
    The knots he tied remind me of nautical knots. Of course you would learn them in the military too.
    And I agree with the poster that mentioned BTK, this guys struck me as similar. I wonder if some of the sexual assaults where done after death. And like BTK he stopped for some reason. Got married? Had a family? Became stable with work? He is not so old he won't start up again. With so many victims this case should be very active still. Hard to believe someone could get away with so many crimes.
    I thought it was a TV in the background, too. Was the music part of the recording, or was it added by the website for effect? I've only been able to listen to it once. I guess I'm a chicken at heart.

i think that break in the voice is a sneeze, very little sneeze.

If thats a tv in the background its very quiet in the beginning of the tape. I thought I understood part of the womans voice saying "hanging around". I am thinking someone made a tape and played it in the phone, thus the small sneeze in the background the same time the tape is playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief View Post
    I don't think this tape has anything to do with this guy. That one break in his voice is either a muffled laugh or was sort of nasal sound. The blinging sound in the background sounds like added sounds. If its real sound its reminding of the sounds in the hospital, like when the elevator stops, makes a noise.

Also the pronunciation of Dead ta Dead ta.

I think this is fake.
    I have done extensive research on this case and that voice recording is not a fake. Police insist it is tthe ONS because several rape victims recognized the voice of their attacker. Also this is not the only time he tormented a proir victim. He was known to frequently make terrorizing phone calls to his rape victims. Read about it at
    http://www.venturacountystar.com/vcs...572581,00.html

I read through the whole site this week (ears-ons). Very scary. When I listened to the tape, for some reason I thought "hospital" as the back ground noises. Not sure why.

I also wonderred if parts of the tape were cut out for the investigation, causing the apparent breaks in the sound.

But, what is it with the music at the end of the tape? I was assuming the website people added that for dramatic affect, and think it shouldn't have been added. (it's dramatic enough).

I also thought of BTK with the tying knots, and how this guy apparently acted like he wanted to steal things, but never stole them - kind of a like a distraction so he could think. I think I read Dennis RAder did that or something similar.

One more thing - I did'nt see this mentioned so I assume it is ruled out. But could this be the Zodiac? Didn't he get mad and say he would kill more but they (LE) wouldn't know it was him? And Zodiac also went after couples.

**possible tattoo on forearm of bull. Could be a big clue?

Also, I don't hear a sneeze. I just hear him say b.tch several times (I couldnt' tell what he was saying at first, but can see how that maybe sounds like a sneeze) and whore once at the end.

He's saying "gonna kill you" over and over and then "****ing whore" and "*****". Scary. Oh, the music is because the clip was taken from an episode of Cold Case Files and that's their music.

Quote Originally Posted by Mint Car View Post
    He's saying "gonna kill you" over and over and then "****ing whore" and "*****". Scary. Oh, the music is because the clip was taken from an episode of Cold Case Files and that's their music.

Oh, thanks for explaining the music! I am glad the website owner didn't add it.
    So, do you hear a sneeze? I don't.

No, I don't hear a sneeze.

Has anyone read that entire story? The one linked has chapter 25 and I've searched the Web site several times looking for the rest. It pulls up certain chapters, but I've been unable to locate all of them.

Has anybody else tried this with success?

I was interested in the Night Stalker case at one point and was corresponding with a couple of people from California concerning the case. There was another man who contacted me one time about one of our local cases, and we got to talking. It turned out this second guy, whom I'll just call by his initials JDR, had been in California during the times of these crimes and had been back here in my area during the time some of our unsolved crimes were comitted. Coincidence? Possibly. There seems to be a lot of that now days. Never the less, I tracked him down. He's in a West Virginia prison right now and has been for the past 3 or 4 years. He'll probably get out within a year or so, and I expect he'll return to California -- where I anticipate the killings and rapes will resume. And by the way, he is about 5' 9", has blue/gray eyes, has tattoos, and is in the right age group to have been the guy they were searching for.
    I don't know what his blood type is, but for some reason it seems he once told me he'd been in the Navy when he was younger. I figured this might be where he learned to tie the special knots.
    All I know is -- I worked with the two California guys for a long, long time, but when I finally went to all the work of gathering all the information, including the time periods in which JDR was in California, and his current whereabouts, and when I handed over my information that was the end of my conversations with the two California men [one of which was a cop]. Same story all across this nation....... give us your information, get off the property, and keep your mouth shut.
    That's okay. It's all documented, and I still have all the records and/or correspondence, and now everyone who visits this page will at least have this guys initials. So if or when the day ever comes that he's actually accused and/or charged with these crimes, everyone can rest assured the authorities knew who he was and where he was long ago. [PS: His last name contains ten letters]

http://users.1st.net/mwells/StarlightInnerPrizes.htm

Starlight,
    that is very interesting! Thanks for sharing. Is this guy a known killer that we may have heard of? Also, do you know of what any of his tattoos are? Scary he will be getting out in a few years.

No, as far as I know he's never been questioned or suspected of any killings. However, I interviewed his mother in an effort to find out where he was, and that's when I learned that he was in prison in West Virginia. His mother lives in West Virginia also, and he was staying with her at the time he got into 'a little trouble,' as mama put it, and ended up 'back' in prison. She would not tell me what he went to prison for and although I tried checking the inmate records I could not get any info.
    All I know is, he had an enormous amount of information about a 1986 West Virginia murder that remains unsolved. And he wanted real bad to meet me! I stalled every time because I just didn't feel things were right with him.
    He seems to have difficulty holding a job and maintaining long term relationships ...... both of which were red flags to me.
    I don't remember what he said his tattoos were of. I used to have a picture of him, but I'm not sure I still have it. I will look when I get a chance. If I still have it, maybe I can see one or more of the tattoos. If so, I'll let you know what they are.

two theories I have

That is very interesting starlight and could really possibly be him. I figure with the way he (the original nightstalker) did things he did just move somewhere else. But what a lot of people never seem to think about is he changed what and how he did it when he changed areas. I wonder has he been moving around all of these years and done it different ways because he thinks he is so much smarter than everyone else and if he does that he gets new thrills and he doesn't get linked to all of them or get caught. He would have had no idea back then about DNA but with all of the DNA stuff so in the forfront of our media he would be very careful about that now. He is not an unintelligent man. My other theory is what if he had turned evidence in to the FBI let them get someone or a group of people and they let him off. Hence the police would have been told in no uncertain terms to back off. He could be killing under the protection of the FBI without them realizing that he is still doing it just another way?

Deacription of killer

I have been trying to find if the appearance of this man changed much from the rapes to the murders. Haven't found a new description. I wonder did he change much? You know as we get older many of us get heavier or bald? Things like that. Does anyone know if the description changed?

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast