GUILTY WA - Brandon Zomalt, 30, found murdered, Puyallup, 13 Aug 2014

zwiebel

Reaction score
Unbelievably, it looks like an off-duty officer in Auburn, WA, has stumbled across a possible killer/s trying to dispose of evidence.

'...When the agent pulled over to put the fire out with his extinguisher, he noticed a man rushing to get into the passenger-side of a dark SUV, which sped away.'

“He found carpet remnants, pieces of linoleum from flooring, and a pile of towels that were soaked with a significant amount of fresh blood on them,” said Auburn police Commander Dave Colglazier.'

Police are asking anyone who saw a dark-colored SUV parked alongside Peasley Canyon Road, Wednesday night, to call Auburnpolice. It's not given in the article but I think the number is 253-288-2121

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/pea...-following-disturbing-sc/ng2tR/?__federated=1

here's hoping the crime lab will be able to dna the blood

here's hoping the crime lab will be able to dna the blood

The blood's being analysed now. Hopefully there's traces of a suspect's DNA there too. I guess there's a missing person somewhere near Auburn now.

'Hirman said, “It’s just covered with blood, and so that leads us of course to believe that something happened whether it was a homicide or a serious assault.” The blood will go through a DNA analysis and be compared with data bases of known criminals'

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/peasley-canyon-road-closed-following-disturbing-sc/ng2tR/

elisa hahn (@ElisaHahnK5)
15/08/2014 01:05
Auburn police looking for a possibly mixed race man, short hair, 20-30 y.o., in dark SUV on Peasely Canyon Rd around 3p yesterday

https://mobile.twitter.com/ElisaHahnK5

http://mynorthwest.com/11/2587526/Bloodsoaked-items-spark-Auburn-murder-mystery

Commander Mike Hirman says the agent tried chasing the suspect, but lost him and called police...

Hirman says investigators are looking for the dark SUV and a potential victim and crime scene. He says they are reaching out to other jurisdictions for possible connections and evidence.

"If this is a homicide, there will probably be a body dump site. And if that is different from the assault scene, then we'll have that as well. So if we find those, we can link them," he says.

Wow. What a chance encounter! Glad he was seen

Not only was he seen - he was seen by LE. ..:cat:

http://seattle.gotnewswire.com/news/tipster-leads-police-to-second-scene-in-auburn

Tipster leads police to second scene in Auburn

By Thursday, detectives say as many as 60 tips had come in. One of them led police to a piece of property off South 277th Street, just outside of Auburn City Limits.

A search crew from the King County Sheriff's Office was called in to help cut through thick brush and vegetation in the area. Police say the tipster told them evidence connected to the burned and bloody clothes might be found there.

I had googled Auburn to Bremerton because I was curious if it had a tie with Jenise Wright's case - turns out it was 45 miles away. Ironically as this story about the mysytery man was breaking there was a breaking story involving arson to a car which belonged to a friend of the perp's mother in the Jenise Wright case -- a bit uncanny.

Unbelievably, it looks like an off-duty officer in Auburn, WA, has stumbled across a possible killer/s trying to dispose of evidence.

'...When the agent pulled over to put the fire out with his extinguisher, he noticed a man rushing to get into the passenger-side of a dark SUV, which sped away.'

“He found carpet remnants, pieces of linoleum from flooring, and a pile of towels that were soaked with a significant amount of fresh blood on them,” said Auburn police Commander Dave Colglazier.'

Police are asking anyone who saw a dark-colored SUV parked alongside Peasley Canyon Road, Wednesday night, to call Auburnpolice. It's not given in the article but I think the number is 253-288-2121

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/pea...-following-disturbing-sc/ng2tR/?__federated=1

Thanks Zwiebel for starting this, just noticed it on the news and came to see if it was posted... definitely sounds like someone has been murdered. Hope they figure it out soon.

Wow. What a chance encounter! Glad he was seen

Well, not really. If it wasnt the agent that saw him, it wouldve been somebody else.Peasley canyon rd is pretty much a main road that connects two cities. Right at the bottom of the hill, there is a highway, and there aremutiple freeway entrances that lead in every which way. Point being, the person/persons involved couldnt have picked a worse road to pull off from and start burning stuff while remaining undetected. They might as well have went to the bottom of the hill near the freeway and done it. Anyone from around the area would know this, leading me to speculate that theyre not from around the area.

Well, tomorrow is Monday. Maybe someone won't show up for work tomorrow. :(

This is just creepy. And while I agree that the area around Peasley Canyon is well traveled, it is quite wooded with thick underbrush in that area. Whoever did this, you would think would have some neighbors that noticed someone was ripping out flooring, etc. At least we can hope.

I wish they could be more specific about "mixed race." Do they think the man was part AA, Asian, Native, Hispanic? :gaah:

Police haven't stated he's been murdered - just that his bone fragments were found, along with all the blood. People can safely draw their own conclusions in this case, I think.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...eal-identity-of-mystery-victim-273217631.html

"The body is somewhere," Hirman said Friday. "The fruits of the crime, if you will, were dumped here in Auburn. And so we need to find out who this person's associates are, we need to find where he was staying, where he was living and then we can go from there."

He said police received the results of the DNA testing on Wednesday but haven't been able to learn much about Zomalt, except that he listed his most recent address as Puyallup

"We have been searching, but we're not getting a lot of luck so that's why we thought we would release his picture and his name, with hopes of getting some calls from the public," Hirman said.

Just checking in to see if anyone has come forward with information on Brandon.

Not seeing anything new in the news.

Well, not really. If it wasnt the agent that saw him, it wouldve been somebody else.Peasley canyon rd is pretty much a main road that connects two cities. Right at the bottom of the hill, there is a highway, and there aremutiple freeway entrances that lead in every which way. Point being, the person/persons involved couldnt have picked a worse road to pull off from and start burning stuff while remaining undetected. They might as well have went to the bottom of the hill near the freeway and done it. Anyone from around the area would know this, leading me to speculate that theyre not from around the area.

Welcome! Have you heard any information, locally? This sounds like a panicked crime, to me. And one where the victim was probably in the house of someone he knew - I presume his own home's been checked.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back