1340 users online (222 members and 1118 guests)  

Websleuths News

MO - 2-year-old Quints' Mother Charged With Leaving Kids Home Alone

The mother of 2-year-old quintuplets is accused of leaving four of the toddlers, along with another young child, home alone.

Christine Moungowoolford, 30, of Warren County, was charged last week with five counts of endangering the welfare of a child, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Friday. Authorities say they don't want to put the woman behind bars, but want to get help for the family.

Four of the quintuplets, who turned 2 earlier this month, and a 3-year-old child were left alone for about one hour and 20 minutes while Moungowoolford took the other quintuplet to the doctor, authorities said.

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/...78/detail.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    The mother of 2-year-old quintuplets is accused of leaving four of the toddlers, along with another young child, home alone.

Christine Moungowoolford, 30, of Warren County, was charged last week with five counts of endangering the welfare of a child, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Friday. Authorities say they don't want to put the woman behind bars, but want to get help for the family.

Four of the quintuplets, who turned 2 earlier this month, and a 3-year-old child were left alone for about one hour and 20 minutes while Moungowoolford took the other quintuplet to the doctor, authorities said.

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/...78/detail.html

From the article it seems these people do not/did not have the money for all these children nor do they seem equipped to care for them.
    Im left wondering what Doctor thought Invitro was a good idea?????
    What were they thinking??? JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN DOESNT ALWAYS MEAN YOU SHOULD!!!!!!!!!!!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Plenty of people can and do and should not even those who can afford it.

I for one don't want a medical Dr deciding if I should have kids because in his (or hers) opinion I can't afford it.
    Also they could afford invitro which isn't an inexpensive procedure and most insurance companies don't cover it.

I also have to wonder exactly what part of this story are we not getting?
    The police and/or children and families just knew that day she left those kids?
    There was nothing in the article about how they came to know that.
    I just wonder if someone was left with the kids and that person left and called the police reporting them alone?

I think it sounds like an overstressed mother to me, and personally I am glad they are not going to request jail time for her. Don't get me wrong, I am glad they are taking her to court- if she gets away with it once, she will do it again and sooner or later one of those kids will get hurt.
    But, it sounds like an overstressed mother to me. Dad's away driving a truck, Mom is home with a lot of very young kids. And at least one of them is seriously ill. She should have taken them to the Dr. with her, but I understand that would have been a difficult job.
    Hopefully, they will be able to get her some help or this will shake up the relatives enough that they will volunteer to help her some.
    But that was and interesting question about how the cops knew just when to go to the door to find the kids alone. Hmmm, sounds like either neighbors know more and are fed up or there may be relative (inlaw) problems.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

This is the SECOND time she's been "caught" not parenting properly!(the 1st time the kids were found unsupervised playing with KNIVES in the kitchen and in the toilet!) .
    Im over stressed ALOT(im a mom to 4,2 still in diapers,with a husband is frquently away for long periods of time) so that excuse is just that an excuse and one I dont find acceptable.

I was glad about the DA as well.

I mean can you imagine 5 2 yold's and a 3 year old?
    And if it was neighbors or an in-law situation why instead of causing more trouble did they not help her??? There was obviously no evidence that the kids were abused or not fed or dirty or lived in a filthy house. (I think had there been the DA would not have been so kind)

Wasn't there a time when that is what families and neighbors did?
    I guess now its everyone for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryKate
    I was glad about the DA as well.

I mean can you imagine 5 2 yold's and a 3 year old?
    And if it was neighbors or an in-law situation why instead of causing more trouble did they not help her??? There was obviously no evidence that the kids were abused or not fed or dirty or lived in a filthy house. (I think had there been the DA would not have been so kind)

Wasn't there a time when that is what families and neighbors did?
    I guess now its everyone for themselves.
    Wow, I cant believe what I am reading on this thread! This, to me, is CLEARLY, a case of neglect! I have supported many parents on other threads, and said not to be so judgemental, just recently, the case where the 3 children died in the trunk of the car. But.... This case???? This is totally unacceptable in my opinion! 5 children 3 and under left alone??? Disaster waiting to happen!

Quote Originally Posted by lostfaith
    Wow, I cant believe what I am reading on this thread! This, to me, is CLEARLY, a case of neglect! I have supported many parents on other threads, and said not to be so judgemental, just recently, the case where the 3 children died in the trunk of the car. But.... This case???? This is totally unacceptable in my opinion! 5 children 3 and under left alone??? Disaster waiting to happen!

THANK YOU!!!!

I was feeling outnumbered!!!!!!

Seriously the kids were found PLAYING WITH KNIVES and in the TOILET previous to this!!! She has a PATTERN of neglect !!! SHEESH!!!! All these kids,imo,are in danger!!

Quote Originally Posted by messiecake
    THANK YOU!!!!

I was feeling outnumbered!!!!!!

Seriously the kids were found PLAYING WITH KNIVES and in the TOILET previous to this!!! She has a PATTERN of neglect !!! SHEESH!!!! All these kids,imo,are in danger!!

The way I read the article, was that this was the only time it happened, occuring three months ago and when they were found they were playing with knives and in the toilet this time....

But once is still too much. I don't care how overstressed she is/was, there is absolutely no excuse to leave children of that age home alone. No excuse at all ! That woman is EXTEREMELY lucky that none of her children were missing or injured. She needs a brain.

Quote Originally Posted by lisag
    The way I read the article, was that this was the only time it happened, occuring three months ago and when they were found they were playing with knives and in the toilet this time....

But once is still too much. I don't care how overstressed she is/was, there is absolutely no excuse to leave children of that age home alone. No excuse at all ! That woman is EXTEREMELY lucky that none of her children were missing or injured. She needs a brain.
    As a single mother of a 5 yr. old, and twins that are 4 (which at one time had 1 3 yr. old and the twins were 2) -- I know how much trouble and combined effort they can get into by just leaving them alone for 5-10 minutes, playing in the next room -- can't imagine leaving them alone to take someone to the doctor. Kids die from this kind of neglect -- I hate to judge another parent -- but you do what you have to do and if that means hauling them all to the doctor or the ER (believe me I have spent a few nights in the ER w/ one sick kid, and the other two sleeping in the waiting room while waiting to be seen.

I understand being stressed and I know that I don't have anyone (family, neighbors, their father, etc) and you just do it, or seriously you shouldn't be watching them at all -- At the point that you become a mother, you no longer are looking out for some of your kids or yourself, these kids should be her first concern -- and clearly it was not out of concern that she left those kids by themselves -- thank God, nothing happened to them.

"When you have a rabid dog, do you take him to counseling? No, you put him to sleep!"
    -Clint van Zant, a retired top FBI profiler

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty

These are the only times that are public information. How many times did she leave them alone and nobody knew? The kids deserve more than this family can give them. I think these parents need to do what's best for the kids and stop thinking only of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    These are the only times that are public information. How many times did she leave them alone and nobody knew? The kids deserve more than this family can give them. I think these parents need to do what's best for the kids and stop thinking only of themselves.
    Good point about this being the only time that is public info.