924 users online (178 members and 746 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AZ - Luis Rios, 35, Adrienne Heredia, 29, & 4 kids murdered, La Mesa, 24 June 2005

A woman, three boys ages six, 11 and 12, and a nine-year-old girl were found dead inside the house in Yuma, a city on Arizona's border with California and Mexico, after neighbors reported hearing gunshots, Yuma police said in a statement.

Outside the house, a man, found in the back yard with at least one gunshot wound, was pronounced dead on arrival at a local hospital, police said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050625...NlYwMlJVRPUCUl
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Oh, this is so sad!

I noticed in the article it stated,

"They are warning that the suspect may be armed." MAY be armed? There are six people dead! I would bet he is definitely armed. Let's hope they can find the "beast" who did this soon.
    Justice For Janet Christiansen Abaroa!

Norred declined to release how the five victims in the house were killed. He also declined to release information about the suspect's connection to the victims or where the suspect may have gone.

The entire length of La Mesa Street was cordoned off from Barbara Avenue to Donna Avenue. That restriction continued Saturday.

Four homes were evacuated while police investigated the scene. The addresses of those homes were 2025, 2031, 2037 and 2043 E. La Mesa St.

Norred said there would likely be an update today on the homes that were evacuated.

http://sun.yumasun.com/artman/publis...tory_17452.php
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Authorities released little new information on the case Sunday other than to confirm that the victims included a mother and her four children, ages 6 to 13.

Besides Rios, police identified three of the other victims: Adrienne Heredia, 30; Danny Heredia III, 6; and Inez Newman, 9. The names of two other victims, both 13-year-old boys, were being withheld. Rios was Heredia's boyfriend, police said.

The couple had been together for about 10 months and had a good relationship, said Heredia's friend, Theresa Guerraro.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/st...062607408.html

Stop the insanity -- man, this is way close to me, live outside of Phoenix -- Yuma is so close to the Mexico/Arizona border... not to mention, the last stop before hitting California...

"When you have a rabid dog, do you take him to counseling? No, you put him to sleep!"
    -Clint van Zant, a retired top FBI profiler

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty

Hopefully there was enough time to alert the border officals -- that is so close and such a popular crosing too, if my memory is right.

The Mexico Border is Located 25 miles south of Yuma on Hwy 95.

"When you have a rabid dog, do you take him to counseling? No, you put him to sleep!"

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty

Wife of murder victim feels she is being ignored

http://sun.yumasun.com/artman/publis...tory_17493.php

The wife of Luis Rios, the Yuma man who was one of six people murdered Friday night, says that she has been ignored by authorities.

"I've been feeling left out of this whole ordeal," Rebecca Rios of Yuma said. "Nobody's called me. I had to call the police myself. I feel left out of it."

Rebecca said that she and Luis have been married for 12 years and have one child together. Although Luis had begun seeing Adrienne Heredia, Rebecca was still hoping for a reconciliation.

Records in Yuma County Superior Court show that paperwork had recently been filed for a dissolution of the couple's marriage.

Another Update in Yuma

http://sun.yumasun.com/artman/publis...tory_17501.php

Wow, I just read the info from Rebecca Rios, sound a little odd....

Rebecca Rios

I found the article pertaining to Rebecca Rios, basically just odd -- Thanks to Arizona's easy to access court docs -- (for most counties) -- this is what the search provided....

Case # J-1401-CR-200201427
    Yuma Justice - Criminal
    D 1 - DEFNDT/RESPNDT REBECCA ANN RIOS
    Count 1: CRIMINAL DAMAGEDEFACE Disposition Date: 06/11/2003 Disposition: *
    Count 2: DISORDERLY CONDUCT-FIGHTING Disposition Date: 06/04/2003 Disposition: GUILTY
    DOMESTIC VIOLENCE COMPLETION

Case # M-1441-CR-2005000662
    Yuma Municipal - Criminal
    D 1 - DEFNDT/RESPNDT REBECCA ANN
    Count 1: ASSAULT-INTENT/RECKLESS/INJURE Disposition Date: 05/10/2005 Disposition: GUILTY
    5/10/2008 CAL: TICK-PROBATION ENDS D 1
    5/10/2005 JAIL/PRISON D 1
    5/10/2005 PROBATION D 1

S-1400-DO-200500658
    Yuma County Superior
    Party Name: LUIS DIONICIO RIOS Party Type: D 1 - DEFNDT/RESPNDT Date of Birth: 10/29/1969
    Party Name: REBECCA ANN RIOS Party Type: P 1 - PLNTIF/PETITNER Date of Birth: 05/20/1963
    Filing Date: 05/23/2005
    6/15/2005 ORDER OF TRANSFER TO MEDIATION
    The main part that was weird was this statement....She stated in the article about

Even if things were not going well in their relationship, Rebecca said she and Luis always talked and always got along
    I am not saying that she did anything -- but i would say she seems to have some anger issues and is currently on probation, not to mention just realeased last month from Jail/prison....

Funerals scheduled for slain family

Adrienne Heredia and I had been friends since high school...I miss her=(

I am sorry for your loss

Are the slayings part of a lovers spat? Somethings not adding up here.
    Who was charged with what? I'm not finding too much info about this case.

Just bumpin' this case up to see if anyone heard any updates

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Here's something from August:

No arrests yet in June deaths of Yuma family

YUMA - Police have conducted more than 300 interviews in their investigation into the June deaths of a Yuma family, but no arrests have been made.

Adrienne Heredia, her boyfriend, Luis Rios, and her four children, ages 6 to 13, were killed at a home on June 24.

Police released an updated sketch of an investigative lead in July.

Yuma police spokesman Clint Norred said tips continue to come in but the rate has slowed. Investigators are still processing evidence.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...roundup16.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast