1172 users online (276 members and 896 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,455

    The Discovery Process

    Quote Originally Posted by imamaze View Post
    http://www.myhorrynews.com/pdf_498ee...7a43b2370.html

    Notice of Motion for discovery, June 10, 2014

    Well then...as I heard mentioned in another case, "Your Honor, he wants us to do his work for him, and that's not our job!" *perhaps not exact wording*

    Also sounds like he wonders if SM has turned state's witness. Otherwise why would it ask what deals if any have been made for state's witness?? He's even asking for any other suspects they may have had, and why they aren't now. I realize there's discovery, and it will be turned over to the defense, but I don't know that I've ever read a motion for discovery like that one. Maybe Baez would know.

    BTW, any more word on the pregnancy??
    Fibromyalgia Fog at it's finest! Temporary loss of vocabulary may occur at any time.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,182

    The Discovery Process

    Defense is moving for discovery docs and info.

    Salem

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,182
    So did SM's lawyer not do the same thing? Or we just haven't seen it yet?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,856
    I just checked SM's court records and nothing has been filed since early April and all his cases say pending. It's like his lawyer went to sleep or something.

    I also checked TM aka "I don't have a record" and hers were last updated 6/27/14, also pending. At least her lawyer has filed motions.

    http://publicindex.sccourts.org/horr...ookieSupport=1

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,357
    I've seen nothing....makes you wonder.
    "It's unbelievable that people can disappear off the face of the Earth without a trace when they find dinosaur bones and identify them." ~ John Lyon

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,856
    I honestly don't know how far a gag order can go. The court docket site is public records, FOIA, I thought? But, if an ongoing investigation is going on, I guess they could gag it? Where's the lawyers?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Know? View Post
    I honestly don't know how far a gag order can go. The court docket site is public records, FOIA, I thought? But, if an ongoing investigation is going on, I guess they could gag it? Where's the lawyers?
    I'm not sure either.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's unbelievable that people can disappear off the face of the Earth without a trace when they find dinosaur bones and identify them." ~ John Lyon

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Know? View Post
    I just checked SM's court records and nothing has been filed since early April and all his cases say pending. It's like his lawyer went to sleep or something.

    I also checked TM aka "I don't have a record" and hers were last updated 6/27/14, also pending. At least her lawyer has filed motions.



    http://publicindex.sccourts.org/horr...ookieSupport=1
    I don't know much about court system etc., but would SM's lawyer not be filing papers for him because he knows that SM turned state witness?? I can't think of another reason why nothing is being done for Sidney. Can anyone tell me if he were to be a witness against Tammy, what would happen to his charges? Odd there is no movement in his behalf.

    Another question. Are TM and SM being tried together or will they have separate trials?
    For those who look sunwards, the shadows fall behind.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    The South
    Posts
    637
    According to public index search, SM filed "motion to compel" today... First bit of action on his behalf it seems.
    http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Horr.../PISearch.aspx

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    824
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaroni View Post
    According to public index search, SM filed "motion to compel" today... First bit of action on his behalf it seems.
    http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Horr.../PISearch.aspx
    What am I doing wrong? When I click on your link, I get the public search index. After entering SM's name, the list isn't populating anything more recent than 02/27/2014 for him.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,856
    Surfside, do it again and click on the top pending case (kidnapping) and under the header with info there are tabs that say charges, sentencing, actions, associated cases & bond. Click on actions and it should bring it up. I copied it anywho. hth


    The State of South Carolina VS Sidney Stclair Moorer

    Case Number: 2014A2610200462 Court Agency: General Sessions Filed Date: 02/27/2014
    Case Type: Criminal-Clerk Case Sub Type:
    Status: Pending Assigned Judge: Clerk Of Court C P, G S, And Family Court Disposition Judge:
    Disposition:
    Disposition Date: Date Received: 02/27/2014 Arrest Date: 02/23/2014
    Law Enf. Case: 13117285 True Bill Date: 03/20/2014 No Bill Date:
    Prosecutor Case: Indictment Number: 2014GS2601125 Waiver Date:
    Probation Case:

    Moorer, Sidney Stclair Motion to compel Motion 09/02/2014-14:13
    Moorer, Sidney Stclair Order/Order Order 04/03/2014-09:06
    Moorer, Sidney Stclair Order/Order Order 03/21/2014-14:28
    Moorer, Sidney Stclair True Bill Indictment Filing 03/20/2014-09:18
    Moorer, Sidney Stclair Other Filing 03/17/2014-16:29
    Moorer, Sidney Stclair Notice of Motion Action 03/05/2014-13:52
    Moorer, Sidney Stclair Certificate of Representation Action 02/28/2014-13:36
    Moorer, Sidney Stclair Imaging of Warrant Filing 02/27/2014-11:03
    http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Horr...ookieSupport=1

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    824
    Thanks buddy.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,686
    Here's a news article about the 9/2 filing:

    North Myrtle Beach attorney Kirk Truslow, who’s representing Sidney Moorer, filed a motion to compel discovery on Sept. 2. It’s the first pre-trial filing for Sidney Moorer since April 3. Most of the pre-trial filings in the Elvis case have been associated with Tammy Moorer.

    http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crim...7a43b2370.html

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Coffeelandia
    Posts
    5,508
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Here's a news article about the 9/2 filing:

    North Myrtle Beach attorney Kirk Truslow, who’s representing Sidney Moorer, filed a motion to compel discovery on Sept. 2. It’s the first pre-trial filing for Sidney Moorer since April 3. Most of the pre-trial filings in the Elvis case have been associated with Tammy Moorer.

    http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crim...7a43b2370.html
    I found this interesting:

    Truslow’s motion says it’s being made pursuant to Brady v. Maryland, a 1963 U.S. Supreme Court case that ruled prosecutors must turn over exculpatory or other favorable evidence to the defense when requested.
    What kind of exculpatory evidence could they have on SM's favor? Me thinks they are delusional.
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,357
    Have they "discovered" TM's fake pregnancy during this process?

    "It's unbelievable that people can disappear off the face of the Earth without a trace when they find dinosaur bones and identify them." ~ John Lyon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Police dispatch process?
    By Boodles in forum General Information & Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-22-2014, 06:37 PM

Tags for this Thread