The Discovery Process

2Hope4

Reaction score

Well then...as I heard mentioned in another case, "Your Honor, he wants us to do his work for him, and that's not our job!" *perhaps not exact wording*

Also sounds like he wonders if SM has turned state's witness. Otherwise why would it ask what deals if any have been made for state's witness?? He's even asking for any other suspects they may have had, and why they aren't now. I realize there's discovery, and it will be turned over to the defense, but I don't know that I've ever read a motion for discovery like that one. Maybe Baez would know.

BTW, any more word on the pregnancy??

Defense is moving for discovery docs and info.

Salem

So did SM's lawyer not do the same thing? Or we just haven't seen it yet?

I honestly don't know how far a gag order can go. The court docket site is public records, FOIA, I thought? But, if an ongoing investigation is going on, I guess they could gag it? Where's the lawyers?

I honestly don't know how far a gag order can go. The court docket site is public records, FOIA, I thought? But, if an ongoing investigation is going on, I guess they could gag it? Where's the lawyers?

I'm not sure either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just checked SM's court records and nothing has been filed since early April and all his cases say pending. It's like his lawyer went to sleep or something.

I also checked TM aka "I don't have a record" and hers were last updated 6/27/14, also pending. At least her lawyer has filed motions.

http://publicindex.sccourts.org/horry/publicindex/?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

I don't know much about court system etc., but would SM's lawyer not be filing papers for him because he knows that SM turned state witness?? I can't think of another reason why nothing is being done for Sidney. Can anyone tell me if he were to be a witness against Tammy, what would happen to his charges? Odd there is no movement in his behalf.

Another question. Are TM and SM being tried together or will they have separate trials?

Surfside, do it again and click on the top pending case (kidnapping) and under the header with info there are tabs that say charges, sentencing, actions, associated cases & bond. Click on actions and it should bring it up. I copied it anywho. hth

The State of South Carolina VS Sidney Stclair Moorer

Case Number: 2014A2610200462 Court Agency: General Sessions Filed Date: 02/27/2014
Case Type: Criminal-Clerk Case Sub Type:
Status: Pending Assigned Judge: Clerk Of Court C P, G S, And Family Court Disposition Judge:
Disposition:
Disposition Date: Date Received: 02/27/2014 Arrest Date: 02/23/2014
Law Enf. Case: 13117285 True Bill Date: 03/20/2014 No Bill Date:
Prosecutor Case: Indictment Number: 2014GS2601125 Waiver Date:
Probation Case:

Moorer, Sidney Stclair Motion to compel Motion 09/02/2014-14:13
Moorer, Sidney Stclair Order/Order Order 04/03/2014-09:06
Moorer, Sidney Stclair Order/Order Order 03/21/2014-14:28
Moorer, Sidney Stclair True Bill Indictment Filing 03/20/2014-09:18
Moorer, Sidney Stclair Other Filing 03/17/2014-16:29
Moorer, Sidney Stclair Notice of Motion Action 03/05/2014-13:52
Moorer, Sidney Stclair Certificate of Representation Action 02/28/2014-13:36
Moorer, Sidney Stclair Imaging of Warrant Filing 02/27/2014-11:03
http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Horry/PublicIndex/PISearch.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Here's a news article about the 9/2 filing:

North Myrtle Beach attorney Kirk Truslow, who’s representing Sidney Moorer, filed a motion to compel discovery on Sept. 2. It’s the first pre-trial filing for Sidney Moorer since April 3. Most of the pre-trial filings in the Elvis case have been associated with Tammy Moorer.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_fe66cde2-343e-11e4-b511-0017a43b2370.html

I found this interesting:

Truslow’s motion says it’s being made pursuant to Brady v. Maryland, a 1963 U.S. Supreme Court case that ruled prosecutors must turn over exculpatory or other favorable evidence to the defense when requested.
What kind of exculpatory evidence could they have on SM's favor? Me thinks they are delusional.

Have they "discovered" TM's fake pregnancy during this process?

:liar:

Have they "discovered" TM's fake pregnancy during this process?

I noticed that the photo on one of the articles about the request for a speedy trial has a caption that says it was taken Monday. She does NOT look like a woman that would be ~7 months pregnant, to me!

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_bed8590c-425d-11e4-9bdf-001a4bcf6878.html

EDIT - I also noticed the article says something about being updated today, and then in the body says something will happen March 17, so it could be an old picture in a poorly- re-tooled article. :facepalm:

I noticed that the photo on one of the articles about the request for a speedy trial has a caption that says it was taken Monday. She does NOT look like a woman that would be ~7 months pregnant, to me!

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_bed8590c-425d-11e4-9bdf-001a4bcf6878.html

EDIT - I also noticed the article says something about being updated today, and then in the body says something will happen March 17, so it could be an old picture in a poorly- re-tooled article. :facepalm:
It looks like an oversight to me. I think they used an old photo and failed to remove the original caption. That bond hearing already took place on Monday, March 17, 2014.

http://www.thestate.com/2014/10/28/3774178_second-motion-to-compel-evidence.html?sp=/99/132/&rh=1

A second motion to compel evidence through discovery has been filed for a Myrtle Beach man charged in the disappearance of 20-year-old Heather Elvis, according to court records.

Kirk Truslow filed the motion Oct. 20 with the 15th Circuit General Sessions Clerk of Court on behalf of Sidney Moorer. The motion asks Nancy Livesay, the assistant 15th Circuit solicitor prosecuting the case, to produce certain evidence.

Truslow, a Myrtle Beach defense attorney, filed a similar motion Sept. 2, but it is unclear if this motion deals with the same evidence or different evidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back