1333 users online (273 members and 1060 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

FL - SM, 14, Ft. Lauderdale, 15 August 2014

S M

Missing Fort Lauderdale teen sought
    S M, 14, last seen Friday morning

Police are searching for a Fort Lauderdale teen who was last seen Friday around 9 a.m. A friend of the family said 14-year-old S M left her family's boat off Isle of Venice to step outside for a few minutes and never returned. M left her purse, phone charger and all her belongings on the boat. The family told Local 10 that she was on good terms with friends and family and don't believe it's likely that she ran away.
    http://www.local10.com/news/missing-...ought/27531556
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 08-21-2014 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Change name to initials
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

From the article above: "to step outside for a few minutes and never returned"

At least they have her phone and can check and see if she had received a call prior to stepping out.

Edited to add: Oh darn. Read that incorrectly - says she left her phone charger behind. Probably going to have to track her phone - hope they find her asap.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/08/17...sing-two-days/

M father said she walked off the boat where the two have lived for the past six years and never came back...

"Just very bizarre to me. She had no shoes, her purse and everything is there, terrified something really bad has happened to her," said family friend, Doneille Kazim...

"Somewhere when that child came off my boat, someone had to see whether someone took her or in what direction was it out toward parking lot. Whatever it is, somebody had to see something," added D M. "I would say to someone who has her or has her captive or keeping her from coming back, keeping her from whatever, that they would let her go so she can go on with her life. (Does) not matter what at this point has happened, go on with your life and let her go. I don’t care if you ever ever get caught."
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 08-21-2014 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Change name to initials

Living on a boat sounds like it would be so charming...

but I imagine it can be rather confining in reality...

Could she have just stepped away for a while to take a break?

I'm hoping she chose to leave on her own...

https://maps.google.com/maps/place?f...n&ui=maps_mini

Map above of Isle of Venice and Los Olas in Ft. Lauderdale, FL

(Note: Click on "MAP" after clicking on link)

From MSM it sounds like she lives on a boat with her father...

could she have gone to visit other family members?

I presume that this is the church that S belongs to.

http://rsiftl.com/events/attachment/...ide-benefit-3/

Does she have many friends? Does she get along with her dad? (He must be frantic.) Where is her mom?

Hopefully it is a typical teen, balking at life. The concern I have though is that she didn't take anything with her. This has me really worried! Something doesn't seem right.
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 08-21-2014 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Change name to initials
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopster View Post
    I presume that this is the church that S belongs to.

http://rsiftl.com/events/attachment/...ide-benefit-3/

Does she have many friends? Does she get along with her dad? (He must be frantic.) Where is her mom?

Hopefully it is a typical teen, balking at life. The concern I have though is that she didn't take anything with her. This has me really worried! Something doesn't seem right.

possibly her church...

I see there is a musician that performs at the church you linked that has the same name as her father...

But after comparing the videos of her father on MSM... And the musician at the church with the same name... They are not the same person...

JMO
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 08-21-2014 at 09:42 AM.

Has school started yet (after summer vacation) for Florida?

would she be in 9th or 10th grade?

Was there something about school starting that led to her disappearance?

Just grabbing at ideas here...

Quote Originally Posted by IHAVENOCLUE View Post
    possibly her church...

I see there is a musician that performs at the church you linked that has the same name as her father...

But after comparing the videos of her father on MSM... And the musician at the church with the same name... They are not the same person...

JMO
    I think it is the same guy. The guy on the extreme left on the church page (saying he's doing a benefit concert) and other links I've found, including one posted to vimeo only 2 days ago. He seems to be a song and dance man.

I hope he finds his daughter safe and sound soon!
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopster View Post
    I think it is the same guy. The guy on the extreme left on the church page (saying he's doing a benefit concert) and other links I've found, including one posted to vimeo only 2 days ago. He seems to be a song and dance man.

I hope he finds his daughter safe and sound soon!
    Video in this link shows S's father talking to media...
    http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/08/17...sing-two-days/

maybe the pic in the Church Website was taken years earlier?

http://rsiftl.com/musicians/

Bios of music department at the church... Scroll down to see DM...

Last edited by Coldpizza; 08-21-2014 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IHAVENOCLUE View Post
    From MSM it sounds like she lives on a boat with her father...

could she have gone to visit other family members?

She has at least two adult sisters who live out of state, and neither seems to think she ran away. Can't find any mention of her mom.

They lived on the boat? The boat I'm seeing in videos seems small for S to have her own bedroom. Is there alot of room below or something?

ETA - Not nit picking or being rude at all...just trying to decipher the sleeping arrangement considering if they lived on that boat for 6 years. As a teenager she may have needed space to herself for privacy. Not everybody is able to do that, understandable...only trying to get a handle on her perspective.
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 08-21-2014 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Change name to initials

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast