1066 users online (207 members and 859 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WI - Kyle Blohm, 22, Neenah, 8 August 2014

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/ne...-man/14201155/

Police say the man is Kyle A. Blohm, 22 and was last seen Aug. 8 wearing a red cut off shirt with basketball shorts.

The white man is 6'1", 170 lbs with brown hair and green eyes. Police say he may be driving a red 1999 Ford Ranger pickup truck with Wisconsin plates JA4344.

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/ne...note/14408301/

Blohm's girlfriend reported him missing Aug. 9 and police say he took some personal belongings and his bicycle is missing...

The search for Blohm took a twist on Aug. 12 when his family found a note left in a toolbox that didn't overtly signal suicidal thoughts, but was cause for concern.

"He was apologizing to family and basically saying they'd be better off without him," Gonzalez said. "At that point, we added him to the missing persons list."

Hope they find him soon he has a beautiful little girl

http://www.wisn.com/news/fox-cities-...734120#!bKF8gl

Officers believe he quit his job and took a hunting rifle with him before he disappeared. Police said there has been no activity on his bank accounts or his cellphone since Aug. 9.

Doesn't sound good, I hope they are out in full force searching for him.

Kyle's still missing a month later, and his truck hasn't turned up either.

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/ne...sage/15474813/

The parents of a missing Neenah man have released a plea to their missing son as police continue to investigate his disappearance...

Neenah police released a message to Blohm as well, reassuring him that his disappearance wasn't against the law, but did put a burden on his family and community.

"People feel less safe in Neenah when there is an unresolved missing person case like this," police said. "We plead with you to make contact with someone so we know you are okay. We do not need to know where you are. We just need to know you are safe."

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/ne...sage/18846751/

Neenah Police Chief Kevin Wilkinson said the department continues to investigate Blohm's dissappearance.

"The only real news is the remarkable fact that we keep turning up absolutely nothing. It's not just a missing person. It's also a missing truck, a missing bike, a missing computer," said Wilkinson, in an email.

He added that it is "extremely rare" that a person and those items would just disappear without a trace.

Well, the fact his computer is missing doesn't sound too weird to me. If I decided to end my life I'd let my computer disappear too probably. So nobody could go through my personal stuff after my disappearance.

He might have taken his bike with him in the truck. Maybe he planned to drive a certain distance in his truck and then switch to his bike to get to his destination.

I don't know, to me this sounds like a suicide. The note (even if it wasn't a suicide note, you don't write things like that just out of the blue) plus the fact he's a young man (mentally ill young men tend to be great at hiding their issues and a lot of times nobody notices anything until something tragic happens)...He quit his job. He took a rifle with him.

His family desperately wants to believe he is alive and just in hiding, I doubt it. Hope I'm wrong.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Missing Neenah man may be living 'off the grid'
    It's four months and counting since Kyle Blohm gathered some personal belongings, left the Neenah-Menasha area in a red pickup truck and inexplicably dropped out of sight. There's been no confirmed sightings of the 22-year-old Blohm since then, no activity on his bank accounts and no contact with relatives or friends — despite desperate pleas on social media from loved ones. While authorities haven't ruled anything out, Neenah Police Chief Kevin Wilkinson is leaning heavily toward the theory that Blohm disappeared on his own and is living anonymously outside the Fox Valley. "The more I think about this and the longer it goes, the more I am convinced that he has very intentionally, purposefully, thoughtfully and carefully made himself a missing person," Wilkinson told Post-Crescent Media. "That's what I'm believing (now), but I'm keeping an open mind to all of the possibilities."Blohm, a 2010 graduate of Neenah High School, was last seen on Aug. 8. His girlfriend reported him missing Aug. 9. He apparently took a computer and a bicycle when he left, police said.

Wilkinson has said there's no indication that Blohm was the victim of a crime, nor any compelling evidence that he committed suicide — leaving the strong likelihood that he wanted to disappear.

"This is the theory that seems to make the most sense," Wilkinson said.

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/ne...grid/20059367/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Can't find him on NamUs...Looks like he's still missing though.

Wow, this is about an 1 1/2 away from me. This is the first of me seeing this!
    Even though you can't go back and make a brand new start, you can start now and make a brand new end

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Missing Neenah manís truck found

A truck belonging to a missing Neenah man was found by hunters Sunday in Oconto County, and skeletal remains were discovered nearby.
    http://www.postcrescent.com/story/ne...ound/31415133/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    How sad
    I wonder if they found his laptop, bike & any other missing items? I notice he was the respondent in a paternity case 3 months before he went missing, no idea if that had any bearing on his disappearance though

Oh, wow...Almost exactly a year after he went missing...So sad but I'm glad his family can lay him to rest now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast