Montreal teen boy commits suicide after cyber bullying blackmail.

dotr

Reaction score
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2014/08/17/21879516.html

"MONTREAL -- A 19-year-old Quebec man committed suicide after being blackmailed for $4,000 on social media by a bogus girl who convinced him to pose naked performing sex acts.

His parents tell QMI Agency that they are devastated and can't believe that Maxime Forgues "is no longer with us."

"Maxime wasn't suicidal," his mom Lise Thivierge said. "Everything just happened so quickly."

Forgues had just returned home to spend the summer with his family in Saint-Vallier, Que.,near Quebec City and took life May 31 after being scammed and extorted on Facebook."

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/17/teen-commits-suicide-after-internet-blackmail

"The 'girl' then asked Forgues to undress and to film himself performing sexual acts," Quebec Provincial Police investigator Pierre Samson said.

The scammers, who police believe are from the Ivory Coast, then told Forgues that the girl in the photo was a minor and that unless he paid them what they demanded they would send the video to all of his Facebook friends.

"The young man panicked," Samson said.

His parents found him dead the following day and his older brother also found menacing messages on Forgues' cellphone asking for money.

A note left on Forgues' computer said that he was "sorry to have let down his friends and family."

This happened twice here. Exactly as described above ^^ they joke and suggest sexual pictures then comes the threats. Once it was teenage girl, she took her own life in panic, then it was a young man, and he took his own life also in a panic. They totally panic and think they have nowhere to turn for help.
This needs to be explained on television. How they "friend" someone, a girl or a young man, then how they suggest sexual pictures, then how they move to the threats.
Young people need to know they can turn to the Police for help. If only they knew they could ask the Police for help. This really needs to be explained on television. ..:cat:

I don't know why this is in the "bullying" thread. This is extortion, which is a crime.

Very sad.

This happened twice here. Exactly as described above ^^ they joke and suggest sexual pictures then comes the threats. Once it was teenage girl, she took her own life in panic, then it was a young man, and he took his own life also in a panic. They totally panic and think they have nowhere to turn for help.
This needs to be explained on television. How they "friend" someone, a girl or a young man, then how they suggest sexual pictures, then how they move to the threats.
Young people need to know they can turn to the Police for help. If only they knew they could ask the Police for help. This really needs to be explained on television. ..:cat:

What they need to know is how to turn the computer off and not visit those sites.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2014/09/08/21927181.html

" LONDON, Ont. -- Canadian teens are being asked to fork over hundreds of dollars to avoid having their sexual images and videos released online.

London police don't know of any local teens who've been blackmailed, but they say several men have been ensnared in a similar scheme.

More than a dozen teens have reported being targeted by an overseas group in the last two weeks, a dramatic increase, said Signy Arnason, director of cybertip.ca, Canada's tipline to report online sexual exploitation of children.

"Teens are good targets because of the high-risk behaviour they engage in online, with little insight to the consequences," she said.

"Sextortion has been around, but in the last few weeks, a group from overseas has been going after kids to get money."

And people think Im too strict when it comes to my kids and being online. My kids (two teens and one pre teen) are on line very rarely. They would like to be on more, but I wont let them. This is why. If Im not right there being able to monitor if I need to, they dont get on. They dont have their own internet capable devices to take wherever and whenever they want. I dont care if they feel left out at school because of it. Its more important that they dont get sucked into all the issues that come with kids being online unsupervised. I just dont understand parents who just let them go off with their cell phones, ipods, and tablets to do whatever they please. I dont get it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back